Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 449404 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1335 on: September 23, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »
Won't happen. GC get reamed!!!!!
Lose Lynch AND Prestige for Hartlett!!!!! :gobdrop
Did I read that wrong? I interpreted it as Adelaide's Tom Lynch.

dwaino

« Reply #1336 on: September 23, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »

Adelaide Lynch, Broseph  :shh it's the ranga with the annoying peacock strut.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1337 on: September 23, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »
l hope l just read some rubbish about a big deal  :snidegrin
Dusty going to Crows & we get Prestia who has injury problems & rarely played. If this happens it will be the dumbest trade in the history of football & Richmond Football Club will go into MELTDOWN

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1338 on: September 23, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
Did I read that wrong? I interpreted it as Adelaide's Tom Lynch.
Sorry, read it too quickly.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1339 on: September 23, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »

Adelaide Lynch, Broseph  :shh it's the ranga with the annoying peacock strut.
No way then!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #1340 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
Yep pretty much how i feel - wouldnt do it

Lynch does ok at the crows bc hes the 4th or 5th option up fwd behind Tex, JJ, mcGovern(when hes there) and the dwarf. All of a sudden with us he gets the number 1 or 2 defender - very different proposition.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1341 on: September 23, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »
It depends, if we're getting the impression that Dusty is going to shop himself around at the end of next year, then maybe we need to do something while he's contracted.

dwaino

« Reply #1342 on: September 23, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
For me another top 20 pick or Mitchell would have to be coming back out way for that to happen. Even if we had to give up pick 6 or one of the players like Lennon, Bellis, Conca or whoever else we have been talking about but had another first rounder back. Otherwise I'd just keep him and take the first round compo next year.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1343 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »
It depends, if we're getting the impression that Dusty is going to shop himself around at the end of next year, then maybe we need to do something while he's contracted.

We'd almost certainly get a first round pick as compo - after our own pick. If we finished bottom 4 next year (where I see us finishing) then we'd get pick 5 as compo.

Would you take pick 5 or Prestia and Lynch for Dusty?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1344 on: September 23, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »

We'd almost certainly get a first round pick as compo - after our own pick. If we finished bottom 4 next year (where I see us finishing) then we'd get pick 5 as compo.

Would you take pick 5 or Prestia and Lynch for Dusty?

Hmmm, yeah fair point.

Not sure. Probably Prestia and Lynch TBH. They are established good players who will contribute for a while. Pick 5 might get you a Bont, but it also might get you a Conca.

Online Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1345 on: September 23, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »

AFL Insider: Martin the core of a super deal

While plenty of folk are denying it’s going to happen, Adelaide’s offer of a $6 million, five-year deal to Dustin Martin has some legs and could see one of the all-time great super trades.

It seems the Tigers can ill afford to lose Martin, but Punt Road powerbrokers are considering all options in their desire to get back in finals contention as soon as possible, and Dusty may be of more value on the trade table than plying his trade in their midfield.

Here are the basics of a four-club deal currently being considered: Martin to Adelaide for Tom Lynch and pick 13; pick 13 to Port Adelaide for Hamish Hartlett; Hartlett to Gold Coast; Dion Prestia to Richmond.

The Crows get the midfielder they see themselves needing to round out a flag assault while keeping a powerful forward line of Tex, JJ and Eddie Betts.

The wash-up of all that would be that Richmond get a top-line key forward to support Jack Riewoldt, plus Prestia and keep their first draft pick at number six.

Gold Coast get an experienced, quality midfielder and Port get salary cap space and an extra first rounder.

That’s as close to a win-win-win-win deal as you will find.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/martin-the-core-of-an-afl-super-deal/13lhzz27eub5l1grelgudn8eq9

Would you do Lynch and prestia for martin?
these articles have the whiff of that "afltradewhisper" Twitter account that started the Dusty rumours in the 1st place. a few in the media have enquired about this to the relevant Clubs & all have reported it's a dud rumour.

just on that page, they reckon Cats wants lids, don't have a pick till 35 & Kersten could be the sweetener......
a commenter reckons motlop & vardy for lids & our Vickery compo pick (2nd round)
i had to stop reading any further or i'd be sick

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1346 on: September 23, 2016, 01:41:34 PM »
Got to live this time of year with the ripe smell in the air

tony_montana

« Reply #1347 on: September 23, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »

AFL Insider: Martin the core of a super deal

While plenty of folk are denying it’s going to happen, Adelaide’s offer of a $6 million, five-year deal to Dustin Martin has some legs and could see one of the all-time great super trades.

It seems the Tigers can ill afford to lose Martin, but Punt Road powerbrokers are considering all options in their desire to get back in finals contention as soon as possible, and Dusty may be of more value on the trade table than plying his trade in their midfield.

Here are the basics of a four-club deal currently being considered: Martin to Adelaide for Tom Lynch and pick 13; pick 13 to Port Adelaide for Hamish Hartlett; Hartlett to Gold Coast; Dion Prestia to Richmond.

The Crows get the midfielder they see themselves needing to round out a flag assault while keeping a powerful forward line of Tex, JJ and Eddie Betts.

The wash-up of all that would be that Richmond get a top-line key forward to support Jack Riewoldt, plus Prestia and keep their first draft pick at number six.

Gold Coast get an experienced, quality midfielder and Port get salary cap space and an extra first rounder.

That’s as close to a win-win-win-win deal as you will find.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/martin-the-core-of-an-afl-super-deal/13lhzz27eub5l1grelgudn8eq9

Would you do Lynch and prestia for martin?
these articles have the whiff of that "afltradewhisper" Twitter account that started the Dusty rumours in the 1st place. a few in the media have enquired about this to the relevant Clubs & all have reported it's a dud rumour.

just on that page, they reckon Cats wants lids, don't have a pick till 35 & Kersten could be the sweetener......
a commenter reckons motlop & vardy for lids & our Vickery compo pick (2nd round)
i had to stop reading any further or i'd be sick

:lol fair call

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1348 on: September 23, 2016, 02:11:12 PM »
Brett Anderson and Nick Creely on twitter:

NC. Hey Brett any word on Nick Suban and his whereabouts next season? You rate him?

BA: Tigers very interested. Not sure he is what they need, but they feel their list is better than what most others think.

NC: Wouldn't cost a lot to bring in. Any other clubs involved?

BA: Not sure. Just heard Tigs.

BA: Motlop and Hartlett also players of interest for Tigers, FWIW.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/with_replies

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1349 on: September 23, 2016, 02:19:42 PM »
Brett Anderson and Nick Creely on twitter:

NC. Hey Brett any word on Nick Suban and his whereabouts next season? You rate him?

BA: Tigers very interested. Not sure he is what they need, but they feel their list is better than what most others think.

NC: Wouldn't cost a lot to bring in. Any other clubs involved?

BA: Not sure. Just heard Tigs.

BA: Motlop and Hartlett also players of interest for Tigers, FWIW.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/with_replies

Are we looking at more-or-less a repeat of last years trade period?

We're after everyone, but only end up with the one player - never to play a game for the club?

:gotigers