Author Topic: You've got to love the media  (Read 482 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
You've got to love the media
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Rohan Connolly on 3aw now:

First he said "I'm not knocking the Richmond sides of the 60s/70s but maybe we rate them so highly because many of players from that period have gone into the media or have had a high profile for a long time so we recognise them."

Then the debate switched to Royce Hart vs Wayne Carey when a Tiger fan said Royce should be a Legend in the AFL Hall of Fame. Some other caller then reckoned Carey would wipe the floor with Hart and Connolly said I don't know about that as Hart was a huge name in football in the 60s/70s but certainly Carey had a better record than Hart.

Ummm Rohan by record did you include Royce having 4 premierships medallions compared to Carey's two.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: You've got to love the media
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Rohan Connolly on 3aw now:

First he said "I'm not knocking the Richmond sides of the 60s/70s but maybe we rate them so highly because many of players from that period have gone into the media or have had a high profile for a long time so we recognise them."

Then the debate switched to Royce Hart vs Wayne Carey when a Tiger fan said Royce should be a Legend in the AFL Hall of Fame. Some other caller then reckoned Carey would wipe the floor with Hart and Connolly said I don't know about that as Hart was a huge name in football in the 60s/70s but certainly Carey had a better record than Hart.

Ummm Rohan by record did you include Royce having 4 premierships medallions compared to Carey's two.

Maybe he was talking about criminal record?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: You've got to love the media
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
Maybe he was talking about criminal record?
:lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd