Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 189330 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »
No surprise it wasn't Lids because Craig Cameron is poo.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: January 12, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »
No surprise it wasn't Lids because Craig Cameron is poo.
He isn't poo, he is working extremely hard on new 5 year deals that will solidify success for the RFC. Graham and Connors, my source tells me in the range of $400-$600,000 a year each.  :rollin :wallywink

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: January 12, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
Now we know this thread title is not relevant, can we close it? Its a bit misleading now
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #588 on: January 12, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
Not the most reliable of footy news sources but SNF reckons Lids will most likely stay at Tigerland.

Franklin could be biggest free agent
By Kim Hagdorn
SportsNewsFirst
12 January 2012 01:45PM EST

HAWTHORN sensation Lance Franklin is looming as the biggest superstar on the market when the AFL introduces free agency transfers for players later this year.

Franklin turns 25 in late January and is of contract at the end of the 2012 season.

The goal-kicking superstar and one of the most influential game breakers in the AFL will complete his eighth season this year and become eligible for what the league’s new system will call “restricted” free agency.

The 2008 Hawks premiership hero and Coleman medallist will be a red-hot top priority to any club on the verge of winning a flag and with salary cap space to target such a potential match-winner.

It is understood that Franklin’s management has already indicated to Hawks heavyweights that the game’s most dominant scoring force is most likely to delay any new contract talks until the end of the season.

Franklin will be a player who is in Hawthorn’s top 25 per cent of earnings and cannot simply head to a new club of his choice without Hawks management being allowed to make a counter offer.

If the Hawks can match any other offer to Franklin within their salary cap and additional services agreements to pay their superstar big man, then the powerhouse left-footer would stay with Hawthorn.

Players who have given 10 years of service to their existing club will be allowed to move without any restriction.

That category is deemed by the league as an "unrestricted" free agent and can move to any club of thei choice irrespective of their deal.

Any player who has given eight years of service but is not being paid inside his club’s top 25 per cent, which is about nine players on a list, is also declared as an “unrestricted free” agent.

A player like Franklin who has played eight seasons and is out of contract will be subjected to a counter offer from his existing club Hawthorn to any new deal available to move to another franchise.

St Kilda hard-nut veteran Brendan Goddard will be a top priority free agent who can move to any new club of his choice without any counter offer from the Saints.

The league’s new free-agency system has three categories for players to potentially move with less restriction than ever before under the draft and trade process.

The new free-agency agreement will only apply to players who have served at least eight seasons at the same club, while a decade on the one list will allow unrestricted free movement.

Goddard, 26, has constantly been linked with a switch to new club Greater Western Sydney when he is out of contract.

The 185-game veteran also continues to be closely tied with his former coach Ross Lyon, who has switched to Fremantle after a five-year stint at the Saints.

Classy Richmond midfielder Brett Deledio also continues to be touted as a possible target to leave the Tigers as a “restricted” agent if any new offer isn’t matched.

Deledio, 25, is most likely to agree to a new deal and stay at the emerging Tigers.

Franklin or Goddard will be top priorities for negotiation with Fremantle in the west as Lyon makes his mark on the previously under-achieving Dockers who continue to maintain their premiership potential within the next two to three years.

The Dockers still have significant room in salary cap juggling to confront any bidding war for an ace forward after failing in a bitter battle last October for out-of-contract Brisbane big forward Mitch Clark.

The power-forward ended up at Melbourne on a lucrative four-year contract package.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/01/12/franklin-could-be-biggest-free-agent/

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #589 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
God, how ironic would that be if we picked up Buddy.... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #590 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
Trade Riewoldt and bring in Buddy.

I love it!

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »

I love it!

Won't have to trade anyone..

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
Can we do it anyway?

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Can we do it anyway?

Yes - throw Cotch and Martin in the deal too... ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #594 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
Can we do it anyway?

Yes, so long as he fits in our salary cap and we can offer him a better deal, of course he has to choose us too.

"Rucks:

10 FLAGS

« Reply #595 on: January 12, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
Franklin will be a million dollar a year player (my estimate $1.0 million -1.2 million a year. Question is which club can afford it in the cap without stuffing up salary management.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #596 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »

I love it!

Excuse me, but this isn't some backwater site where you can state anything  >:(

Where's your integrity?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: January 12, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
I would suspect his first preference would be hawkers obviously imo they are getting closer to premiership contender.
Only other clubs he would go? Pies?? And they wouldn't offer the money considering the list they have. Maybe a move to the sunshine coast ina couple of years??
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:03:40 PM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #598 on: January 13, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
Franklin will be a million dollar a year player (my estimate $1.0 million -1.2 million a year. Question is which club can afford it in the cap without stuffing up salary management.
Obviously GWS could with their concessions and even if they couldn't the AFL would make sure the rules were changed to accommodate the move if Buddy wanted to head north for the $$$. Only a Ablett or Judd switching clubs would be bigger news.

As for Lids I'm hoping he stays. Except for the $$$, I can't see the point of him moving to a new franchise that will struggle for the next 5 years. It would mean a whole career without playing finals. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #599 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »
I'm happy with Goddard and Franklin being the $cully/Ablett news this season.