Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 189378 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1410 on: August 03, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
He puts sides to the sword when the 'soldiers' do their job in the middle.....I guess we'll just have to be happy with that.

x3

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1411 on: August 04, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »
he had 27 touches was very important in the second half and was tagged all day

so the media and his knockers can stuff the right off

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio on SEN - Sun 4/8/13
« Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »
SEN Footy: Richmond midfielder Brett Deledio - 04-08-13

Brett Deledio joins the AFL Sunday team after the Tigers defeated the ladder leaders Hawthorn yesterday at the MCG.

Listen to the AUDIO here: http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/SEN-Footy-Richmond-midfielder-Brett-Deledio/8852

* It comes down to the way Dimma wants us to play our footy – putting our head over it and winning the contested footy. We know that’s what we’d have to do in finals, so we try to emulate that in the home-and-away season, and it paid off for us yesterday [ed. Saturday].

* After we played Essendon in Round 9, in the Dreamtime game, we sat back and we really questioned ourselves, and how we were going with our attack on the footy. From when we went over to West Coast, we set a standard within our group. Pretty much since then, apart from a couple of games, we’ve attacked games pretty well, and attacked the opposition pretty well. It was a great win yesterday [ed. Saturday], but that’s the standard we want to set, and if you don’t live up to that, you won’t play, as Dimma has said.

Full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-05/tough-tigers-thrive

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1413 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »
Tackle like a madman

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1414 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »
six madman tackles yesterday

Code: [Select]
#2 behind Jacko for the year
1 Daniel Jackson 19 71
2 Brett Deledio 19 69
3 Shane Edwards 18 65
4 Trent Cotchin 18 64
5 Shaun Grigg 19 59
6 Dustin Martin 19 53
7 Reece Conca 13 52
7 Nathan Foley 13 52
9 Nick Vlastuin 14 45
10 Alex Rance 19 44

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1415 on: August 12, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au
4:23pm AEST Monday, August 12, 2013

Dynamic Richmond midfielder Brett Deledio believes he has developed techniques to enable him to overcome the close checking of taggers this season.

“It is tough.  You rely on your team-mates a hell of a lot to get you the footy and block for you,” Deledio told Channel 7’s “Game Day” program.

“The thing I worry about is making sure I’m playing my role for the team, and doing my little bit to help us get the win . . . tackling or chasing, or maybe going to someone else to stop them from getting the ball.

“If I’m doing that, and I’ve got the respect of my team-mates and my coaches, I’m happy.”

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-12/deledio-turns-tag-around

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1416 on: August 12, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au

Dynamic Richmond midfielder Brett Deledio believes he has developed techniques to enable him to overcome the close checking of taggers this season.

Is he saving them for the finals?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1417 on: August 12, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au

Is he saving them for the finals?

:lol :clapping
Best half back flank we have

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1418 on: August 12, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au

“It is tough.  You rely on your team-mates a hell of a lot to get you the footy and block for you,” Deledio told Channel 7’s “Game Day” program.

“The thing I worry about is making sure I’m playing my role for the team, and doing my little bit to help us get the win . . . tackling or chasing, or maybe going to someone else to stop them from getting the ball.

“If I’m doing that, and I’ve got the respect of my team-mates and my coaches, I’m happy.”

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-12/deledio-turns-tag-around

Poor batsard sounds like he's having a tough time accepting the reality of his inability to be as good as he could be
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1419 on: August 12, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »
Agree Ox. It's a bit sad to hear our gun No.1 pick talk about blocks, chasing and tackles, but I think he is on the right track thinking about these basics of the game. If he does these well, he will find that things will happen for him, tag or no tag. He can turn this around pretty quick, then hopefully he will be on channel 7 talking about drilling 5 goals in a match winning finals performance.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1420 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:40 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au

Poor batsard sounds like he's having a tough time accepting the reality of his inability to be as good as he could be

speaking from experience hey

and deledio is elite end of story

get tagged every week and wins nearly every week, on the odd occasion he gets beaten the media rip into him
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:44:38 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1421 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »
He says he has developed the techniques to overcome tagging.
I don't so much agree he needs "techniques" but more a stuffing harder edge to his overall outlook to rising above a tag.
I see BD as a guy who has always been the best at any sport he chose to play as a kid and as such has developed, for want of a better word, a degree of complacency in his overall outlook.
In tough love terms, it's time for the boy to become a man.
Get stuffen angry son.
As for "doing my little bit to help us get the win" - You're so much better than that boy!!
Don't pee your career up against the wall.
It's you or them pal and of late it's been them.
We all know how good, athletic and naturally talented he is but this soft crap has got to stop.
Tortoise and the hare, brother......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1422 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »
26 + 3 months

People can judge lids harshly

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1423 on: August 12, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
26 + 3 months

People can judge lids harshly

i dont

his comment about learning to cope with taggers was to please the media
he gets tagged every week except one game v the crows
and over the yrs has been our best possession gatherer
not bad for a player being tagged and not having much protection

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1424 on: August 12, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »
Deledio turns tag around

By richmondfc.com.au

speaking from experience hey

and deledio is elite end of story

get tagged every week and wins nearly every week, on the odd occasion he gets beaten the media rip into him

When was the last time he beat a tagger?  :lol