Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 189391 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1575 on: June 03, 2014, 07:53:25 PM »
Lids is the team's barometer.
He plays well the side does.
He is below par and either the game is a poor spectacle even though we win or we get thrashed like Sat night.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1576 on: June 03, 2014, 07:54:47 PM »
5 weeks on sidelines with an archilles, my mail is he still suffers  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1577 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »
Hocking hits Lennon in the head....Deledio, the nearest player, just saunters over and casually picks up the ball, no acknowledgement of the incident as another player from further away runs in to give Hocking a shove.

"Leadership."
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1578 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:06 PM »
Lids is the team's barometer.
He plays well the side does.
He is below par and either the game is a poor spectacle even though we win or we get thrashed like Sat night.

Disagree not the barometer

More of a wheelbarrow. If he can carry the team they do alright

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1579 on: June 03, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »

Certainly playing like it. Having very little impact since he came back. Has the look in his eyes of a player who's NQR.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1580 on: June 03, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
Medical report still has him suffering…... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1581 on: June 03, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »

Certainly playing like it. Having very little impact since he came back. Has the look in his eyes of a player who's NQR.

No - hardwick wouldn't play anyone ot 100%

Offline flea03

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1582 on: June 03, 2014, 09:17:39 PM »
its a myth that deledio gets easily tagged

all bs

if he did then why does he week in week out get so many touches

the one or 2 games he has a quiet one he cant shake a tag

cotchin is the disgrace and never should have been captain

cannot hit a target and chips the ball to no one too often

i heard from a reliable insider that the playing group as a whole cannot stand hardwick and cotchin

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1583 on: June 03, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
I don't get this bashing of Brett Deledio and his 'inability to break a tag.' A lot of the top midfielders in the AFL can't break a tag! Sam Mitchell can't. Ryan Griffen was held on the weekend. Cotchin got Macaffered (albeit in a dodgy manner), even Steve Johnson and Joel Selwood struggle with tags. The fact that lids still got his hands on the footy and set up play (was involved in 2 goals if memory served me right) is a testament to the player he is. If lids was out and the tag went to Martin instead we would've kicked no goals by 3/4 time.

Joel Selwood gets tagged and then stands up when it counts and wins crucial clearances and kicks cruical goals, a la' against us a few weeks back.

They tag Brett because they know he cant put up with it. They know he is purely outside. Those types are much easier to stop.  Dont worry about the stats, he has no impact when he gerts a heavy tag, as was the case again on Saturday.
With his pace and hands he should be able to go forward and be a real threat, but nope.
Considering his gifts, he doesnt do enough for mine.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1584 on: June 03, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
Starting to feel that way about Lids too Willy. :thumbsup

Hardly tagged till last year when we made the 8.

Before that seldom got the tag because noone rated us.

Come to think of it noone does now anyway.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1585 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »
I don't get this bashing of Brett Deledio and his 'inability to break a tag.' A lot of the top midfielders in the AFL can't break a tag! Sam Mitchell can't. Ryan Griffen was held on the weekend. Cotchin got Macaffered (albeit in a dodgy manner), even Steve Johnson and Joel Selwood struggle with tags. The fact that lids still got his hands on the footy and set up play (was involved in 2 goals if memory served me right) is a testament to the player he is. If lids was out and the tag went to Martin instead we would've kicked no goals by 3/4 time.

Joel Selwood gets tagged and then stands up when it counts and wins crucial clearances and kicks cruical goals, a la' against us a few weeks back.

They tag Brett because they know he cant put up with it. They know he is purely outside. Those types are much easier to stop.  Dont worry about the stats, he has no impact when he gerts a heavy tag, as was the case again on Saturday.
With his pace and hands he should be able to go forward and be a real threat, but nope.

When sel gets tagged  - Bartel Corey Kelly generally stepup

When lid get tagged - grigg houli Jackson usually poo themselves
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:28:43 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1586 on: June 04, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »
When sel gets tagged Bartel Corey Kelly generally stepup

When lid get taggedgrigg houli jJackson usually poobthemself

So true.
Lids is not the problem.
Too much left to too few as is seemingly forever the Richmond way...

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1587 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:05 AM »

When sel gets tagged Bartel Corey Kelly generally stepup

When lid get taggedgrigg houli jJackson usually poobthemself

Thank you! Exactly this. When Cotchin got tagged by Macaffer who was there to back him up? Everyone just stood by and just allowed their captain to get molested

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1588 on: June 04, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »
Hocking hits Lennon in the head....Deledio, the nearest player, just saunters over and casually picks up the ball, no acknowledgement of the incident as another player from further away runs in to give Hocking a shove.

"Leadership."

Was the new appointed Chaplin that came over and gave the shove. Must be his way of showing they made the right choice ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1589 on: June 13, 2014, 07:56:42 AM »
When out marked by Nahas it looked like he'd given up.
Worry about Lids. Looks to be suffering either from injury or depression.