Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 189396 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1845 on: July 31, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »
 :shh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1846 on: July 31, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »
How good is this guy? 
Amazing player.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1847 on: July 31, 2015, 10:38:56 PM »
How good is this guy? 
Amazing player.
Rolls Royce :cheers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1848 on: August 01, 2015, 01:04:36 PM »
I'll admit I thought we might be seeing a big drop from him with his calf/achilles issues but so far he's proving me wrong :thumbsup. Let's hope he can still string lots of games together when it counts

dwaino

« Reply #1849 on: August 01, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »
I'll admit I thought we might be seeing a big drop from him with his calf/achilles issues but so far he's proving me wrong :thumbsup. Let's hope he can still string lots of games together when it counts

I think he is making more of getting less possessions in the forward. Seems really suited down there and would be a real headache for opposition to match up on.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1850 on: August 22, 2015, 04:36:16 PM »
Significantly  better than roughead. Franklin. Griffiths. Lewis amd co. for mine

Most silky player in his draft pool

Bit like lebron james class above
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:56:22 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

No More

« Reply #1851 on: August 22, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
He has got at least another 5 years in him if we play him mostly at half forward. He is just a great player.

No More

« Reply #1852 on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »
how many 3 vote games has Deledio had?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1853 on: September 05, 2015, 03:39:28 AM »
how many 3 vote games has Deledio had?
Lids has missed 5 games this year (4 were losses out of interest) which will limit his Brownlow votes. Not sure how many 3 votes he's had but our record this year with Lids in the team is 14-3.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1854 on: September 05, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »
Absolute rock last night, great team game, BOG.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #1855 on: September 05, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
Top 10 player in the comp?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1856 on: September 05, 2015, 10:55:55 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who can stop Brett Deledio? ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1857 on: September 10, 2015, 03:50:15 PM »
Brett Deledio’s elite numbers present match-up headache for North Melbourne

Herald-Sun
September 10, 2015 2:53PM

WATCHING his finals opponent from behind glass last Friday night, two players stood out to North Melbourne veteran Nick Dal Santo.

“We didn’t really take many notes, just tried to get a feel for their midfield and I got more of an appreciation for particularly Deledio and Martin,” he told Triple M.

“The way they played last night I hope I’m not playing on either of those two guys.”

Ben Jacobs ran with Martin for periods and is likely to get the job again in Sunday’s elimination final.

Deledio is a different story.

His speed, flexibility, strength above his head and skills on the ground make him an almost impossible match-up — for the Kangaroos or any other team.

Luke McDonald spent more time on him than anyone else in Round 23, but he’s every chance to be dropped this week. Michael Firrito could get the assignment, but is he quick enough? The same problem faces Scott Thompson while the likes of Shaun Atley could be exposed overhead.

Since Round 7, when Richmond turned its season around with a win against Collingwood — thanks in no small part to two clutch Deledio goals in the final term — the 2004 No.1 draft pick has produced numbers that rank him in the absolute elite of the competition.

He ranks fourth in that time for average SuperCoach points, behind Todd Goldstein, Patrick Dangerfield and Nat Fyfe.

He is second in the competition for score involvements, behind only Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy. On Friday night he had 14 — anything above 10 is considered outstanding.

His stat line on Friday night read: 26 disposals at 81 per cent efficiency, 10 marks (equal most for Richmond), nine inside-50s, a goal and a game-high 133 SuperCoach points.

Deledio received a perfect 10 coaches’ votes and a few days later was named in the 40-man All-Australian squad, despite missing four games at the start of the year with a calf or Achilles injury, depending who you listen to.

Richmond’s struggles without Deledio in the team have been well documented — since 2008 he has missed nine matches and the Tigers have won just two of them, both against Brisbane.

But that can be explained by a couple of simple factors. The first is that Deledio is remarkably durable, missing just four games in the 10 years after his debut in 2005.

The second is that Deledio is simply one of the competition’s elite players, a fact the footy world is waking up now — six years after he won back-to-back Jack Dyer Medals.

AVERAGE SUPERCOACH POINTS ROUND 7-23

133 Todd Goldstein

127 Patrick Dangerfield

122 Nat Fyfe

119 Brett Deledio

119 Dayne Beams

AVERAGE SCORE INVOLVEMENTS ROUND 7-23

1. Josh Kennedy 8.9

2. Brett Deledio 8.7

3. Jarryd Roughead 8.7

4. Sam Mitchell 8.4

5. Jack Gunston 8.1

WHERE DELEDIO RANKS AT RICHMOND (R7-23)

SuperCoach points 1st

Disposals 5th

Marks on lead 2nd

Inside-50s 2nd

Score involvements 1st

Score assists 2nd

Goals 3rd

Stats: Champion Data

http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-finals-2015-brett-deledios-elite-numbers-present-match-up-headache-for-north-melbourne/story-e6frfkp9-1227521259739

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Who can stop Brett Deledio? ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1858 on: September 10, 2015, 07:23:42 PM »
Who can stop Deledio? Only Deledio mind can stop him.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who can stop Brett Deledio? ..... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1859 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »
the midfield and defenders can stop deledio

if hes playing forward and the ball doesnt go there not much he can do