Author Topic: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united behind coach Hardwick (H-Sun)  (Read 16618 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2015, 04:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the timely reminder.

I have had to explain to the simple minded on here many times the statistical trend on a linear plot graph on our trend over the last five years.

Simply because I noted a factually incorrect assumption - taking us backwards - does not mean I support Hardwick.
The "statistical trend on a linear plot graph on our trend" means nothing.
Competitive sport is rife with evidence that trends mean nothing. Simply within the AFL look at Port, Suns, Carlton, Bulldogs, Saints, Eagles, Adelaide, Lions, Giants.*
That's half the competition defying trends based on last year.

* at this point

Of course, but it is important that people blurting out untruths are brought up quick smart

Yep, but that doesn't mean there's a "trend" guaranteeing success or even upwards trajectory

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the timely reminder.

I have had to explain to the simple minded on here many times the statistical trend on a linear plot graph on our trend over the last five years.

Simply because I noted a factually incorrect assumption - taking us backwards - does not mean I support Hardwick.
The "statistical trend on a linear plot graph on our trend" means nothing.
Competitive sport is rife with evidence that trends mean nothing. Simply within the AFL look at Port, Suns, Carlton, Bulldogs, Saints, Eagles, Adelaide, Lions, Giants.*
That's half the competition defying trends based on last year.

* at this point

Of course, but it is important that people blurting out untruths are brought up quick smart

Yep, but that doesn't mean there's a "trend" guaranteeing success or even upwards trajectory

Given we are talking about the RFC I also agree with that

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
just curious about you decide it is the vast majority?

Just answered that question to WP.
You put 60,000 members in a room and the vast majority will say Hardwick needs to go as he is taking us backwards in the past couple of years.

that doesn't answer how you came to the conclusion. it is merely another assumption similar to the first.

So how do you draw this conclusion?

So I take it you are assuming the exact opposite of what I am proposing? That most Richmond supporters think we will win a premiership with Damian Hardwick? Common say it.

How do you come to that half wit conclusion?

Oh I see you have assumed that I make assumptions like yourself, and that there is only two possibilities at that.
You have just dragged yourself into George Bush type stupidity

Seems as you find it easier to come up with simpleton conclusions rather than answer a simple question, here's something to ponder...

what do you call it when one person bags someone else for making an unsupported assumption, then makes the exact opposite unsupported assumption themselves to say the first person was wrong?

I call it debating on a football forum.

So do you or do you not support that we will win a premiership with Damian Hardiwck? In this context, no other possibilities are being debated. Just the issue of whether supporters want him replaced or whether its just a noisy minority causing trouble for what our presidesent considers to be the vast majority of sensible supporters.

If you want your name calling to have any impact, back it up with an opinion on the subject. 

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
]

Ok so we agree to disagree on what you think the majoroty of Richmond supporters want.

But thats not what I asked you. In the historical context of the Richmond footy club, which you are extremely well versed in. And with the benefit of hindsight. Did the vast majority of supporters want Frawley and Wallace sacked in their 5th year of coaching? And why would these same supporters now behave any differently after 5 years of Hardwick?

Actually don't think that's what you asked but anyways....

FWIW and IMHO

Frawley = Yes, we'd clearly gone backwards
Wallace = Yes, same as above

Hardwick = will repeat what I've said before I don't know.  I don't think he has the same level of support as he had say end of 2013 but does that equate to the "majority"? again my answer is I don't know

OK WP. A fair and reasonable response that I completely take at face value.

I'll ask a completely different question. If it was your decision alone, would you replace him at the end of the season or let him see out his contract?

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I think some research is required before we decide if it is noisy minority or vast majority that wants Hardwick sacked.
It must have vigour, a decent sampling size to reduce the margin of error and have random selection of participants.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

You put 60,000 members in a room and the vast majority will say Hardwick needs to go as he is taking us backwards in the past couple of years.

that doesn't answer how you came to the conclusion. it is merely another assumption similar to the first.

So I take it you are assuming the exact opposite of what I am proposing? That most Richmond supporters think we will win a premiership with Damian Hardwick? Common say it.

Oh I see you have assumed that I make assumptions like yourself, and that there is only two possibilities at that.

Seems as you find it easier to come up with simpleton conclusions rather than answer a simple question, here's something to ponder...

what do you call it when one person bags someone else for making an unsupported assumption, then makes the exact opposite unsupported assumption themselves to say the first person was wrong?

So do you or do you not support that we will win a premiership with Damian Hardiwck? In this context, no other possibilities are being debated. Just the issue of whether supporters want him replaced or whether its just a noisy minority causing trouble for what our presidesent considers to be the vast majority of sensible supporters.

If you want your name calling to have any impact, back it up with an opinion on the subject.

LMAO,
In what alternate reality is bagging someone's assumption as being uniformed, then using your own uninformed assumption as proof they are wrong regarded as debating?

name calling? lmao

My opinion is 1 person just as yours is, and i am not presumptuous enough to think that everyone else thinks the same. so it is irrelevant.

The question at hand is what everyone else thinks, which you think you know, but you cant tell us how you know.

Nothing more, nothing less.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
I don't want Hardwick sacked, a contract is a contract and it must be honoured.....

Of course it must. Of course
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
I hope Peggy Sue Winfrey took note of what Fathead just said on Fox Footy during the discussion about Carlton and Malthouse regarding club presidents showing leadership...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Peggy Sue Winfrey needs to take note of what Fathead just said on Fox Footy during the discussion about Carlton annd Malthouse regarding Club Presidents showing leadership...

Peggy Sue Bornhoffen wouldn't know what Fox Footy is, let alone Carlton
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Anyone who was at the cocktail party knows we need a new President immediately.

Insipid, ineloquent, uninspiring and a sheer inability to connect with the club.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Insipid, ineloquent, uninspiring and a sheer inability to connect with the club.

Inability to connect with others too

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years

When did you draw that conclusion, after the 7th or 8th free beer  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

LMAO,
In what alternate reality is bagging someone's assumption as being uniformed, then using your own uninformed assumption as proof they are wrong regarded as debating?

name calling? lmao

My opinion is 1 person just as yours is, and i am not presumptuous enough to think that everyone else thinks the same. so it is irrelevant.

The question at hand is what everyone else thinks, which you think you know, but you cant tell us how you know.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok I'll bite.

I take issue with the president making an assumption that its only a noisy majority of supporters that dont support Hardwick and you take issue with me that I made an assumption that her assumption is wrong. So if you think just one person cannot make these assumptions, you should also take issue with President Peg doing the very same thing. 

More importantly however, you cannot keep hiding behind your "But I'm just one man" argument. Its entirely disingenuious. I asked you if you thought we'd win a premiership under Hardiwck and you ran away from answering. I look forward to your opinon on this matter. We can agree beforehand that it does not represent the vast majority of opinion.     

BTW is you nic Al in honor of Al Bundy? I'd be wasting my time on you if it is.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I don't want Hardwick sacked, a contract is a contract and it must be honoured.....

It's pretty hard to attract quality coaches to your club if you are renown for breaking contracts. That's why bomber knocked us back. It's also an expensive exercise. And call me old fashioned but I think if you offer a contract, you should honour it.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame

It's pretty hard to attract quality coaches to your club if you are renown for breaking contracts. That's why bomber knocked us back. It's also an expensive exercise. And call me old fashioned but I think if you offer a contract, you should honour it.

Great logic. How on earth did Freo get Ross Lyon after they broke Mark Harvey's contract? How did Melbourne attract Paul Roos after they broke Mark Neeld's contract?