Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176607 times)

tony_montana

Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Should have heard Robbo and Buckets Maher talking crap regarding Deledio. Firstly, Geelong get ripped off in a Motlop for Lids trade ( :lol). Then Buckets goes "sorry tiger fans hes a UFA" so you wont be getting Motlop. Then they agree we'd get pick 15 as compo which would be incredible value so we should let him go if he wants. In the dying seconds of the segment they suddenly realise he's contracted and realise they've been talking shyte for the last 20 mins.

Amatuer hour. :rollin

stuff me

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #496 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »
We were poo when lids was first drafted.  12 years later nothing has changed.  We waste talent like no one else. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio interested in joining Cats (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #497 on: October 10, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »
Deledio interested in joining Cats

Kate Saleme
Herald Sun
10 October 2016

BRETT Deledio is open to a possible trade to Geelong, but Steven Motlop won’t be part of any deal.

Richmond confirmed today that Geelong has asked the Tigers about a trade for Deledio and Deledio had expressed interest in joining the Cats.

But the Tigers say Deledio is a contracted player and constructing a deal could be difficult considering Geelong’s first pick in the draft is No.35.

And Richmond football talent manager Dan Richardson said Steve Motlop wasn’t on the Tigers’ radar.

“Geelong have expressed their interest (in Deledio), we had some discussions today that didn’t progress too far,” Richardson said at Etihad Stadium.

“Brett expressed his interest in Geelong as well but at this stage we wouldn’t let Brett go for nothing, that’s for sure.

“At this stage it’s just Geelong expressing their interest, which is reasonably strong, but we’ll go from there.”

Asked if Deledio was open to a trade, Richardson said: “I think Brett would consider his options, yes, but he certainly unerstands that he’s a contracted and required player and more than likely still plays for us next year.”

Earlier, Geelong list boss Stephen Wells has confirmed the Cats’ interest in Deledio.

The star utility has gone on record as saying he expects to stay at the Tigers and Wells knows it will be difficult to get the 29-year-old out of Punt Rd.

“We have an interest in Brett,” Wells said. “It’s a bit like Steven Motlop in (that) Brett’s a contracted player at Richmond and we fully expect Richmond to want him to play for them.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/geelong-list-boss-stephen-wells-confirms-interest-in-brett-deledio/news-story/3e0b8a3578f905fa76a286b5f2eb68eb

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »
Should have heard Robbo and Buckets Maher talking crap regarding Deledio. Firstly, Geelong get ripped off in a Motlop for Lids trade ( :lol). Then Buckets goes "sorry tiger fans hes a UFA" so you wont be getting Motlop. Then they agree we'd get pick 15 as compo which would be incredible value so we should let him go if he wants. In the dying seconds of the segment they suddenly realise he's contracted and realise they've been talking shyte for the last 20 mins.

stuff me

Yeah I sent them a few texts during the pathetic exchange as I'm sure others did too

It was truly pathetic

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: October 10, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »

stuff me

Yeah I sent them a few texts during the pathetic exchange as I'm sure others did too

It was truly pathetic
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: October 10, 2016, 04:24:52 PM »
I'll be truely sad when the news comes through that Lids has left and gone to Geelong.
Bit IMO it's taken longer than I would have thought for one of our stars to say "that's enough".
He has been loyal but now he has to think about himself. I'll be watching him with great hope.

On the flip side I hope the club realises that unless they get their acts together this is going to happen more often. Lids can obviously see through all our clubs crap and see we are NOWHERE!

They had better show some balls and get a decent return but I'm not holding my breath. Unfortunately our club is in a bad way. As bad as I can remember.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats [update]
« Reply #501 on: October 10, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
If Deledio went "this club is poo I am walking" i can live with that decision. but the fact of the matter is he has very openly said he didn't want to be traded and that he is contracted yet he has constantly been hounded and thrown up as trade bait because the club is inept of developing anyone else or landing good players in the trade without selling the farm.

Seriously the fact that club has just thrown Deledio up for trade with zero regard to the service he has put in and the fact he could've walked at 2009 or 2012, this treatment of Lids doesn't sit well with me. If Deledio goes I am done with following this club.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #502 on: October 10, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

stuff me

It was truly pathetic

Andy Maher.

What a Shitman.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
They just doing a bit of fishing to see what it will take to get Motlop.

Give them Edwards, Elton, & Mcbean's phone number that should get it done  :snidegrin

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #504 on: October 10, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »
So much for dimmer having any say in anything.
 :wallywink
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:28 PM »
I hope he is not traded. He has been a loyal servant of the club and has started that he wants to stay. The club would do more damage than good if it attempted to trade him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: October 10, 2016, 06:03:29 PM »
So much for dimmer having any say in anything.
 :wallywink

What's dimmer got to do with any of this? What's your point?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: October 10, 2016, 06:19:02 PM »
I'm beyond caring at the moment.....in fact I'm leaning towards rolling the dice like the Bulldogs did with Griffin.
Seriously whats the worst that can happen ????
My eyes bled all year from the crap we dished up every week.
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #508 on: October 10, 2016, 06:43:04 PM »
Zac Smith and one of Motlop/pick 35.

Gut them like a fish.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: October 10, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
Well CH7 has just goven 800k reasons why he may npt be going anywhere

They are reporting Lids contract for 2017 is $800k

And geelong has no cap space  :rollin

FWIW I'm only disappointed that for the last 6 weeks Lids has said he wants to be a 1 club player, didnt want to go anywhere and now he's open to moving

Flip, flop

Whatever
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)