Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176605 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »
But the Tigers wanted another draft pick to on trade to the Gold Coast
Draft pick is extremely important to us
I'd rather Caddy than a pick. Our draft selections have been a mixed success at the very best.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
Do not want. Overall he has been average at best, failed too often to stand up in pressure games and that is after what 6 or 7 seasons.
He has been disappointiung to watch and when you dig deeper he has been disappointing statistically as well.
Personally id rather keep Deledio and i am one who has thought Brett is an ideal one to trade out.

Yeah but some people wanted him four years ago ..
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »
Caddy?  Meh
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »
Do not want. Overall he has been average at best, failed too often to stand up in pressure games and that is after what 6 or 7 seasons.
He has been disappointiung to watch and when you dig deeper he has been disappointing statistically as well.
Personally id rather keep Deledio and i am one who has thought Brett is an ideal one to trade out.

FMD I can't believe this.

He has played six seasons and is statistically getting better every season, the last two he has averaged 20 odd disposals, 4 tackles and kicked approx 20 goals each season, and this is despite having to play second fiddle to Selwood and Dangerfield.

Deledio on the other hand is breaking down every year and this year was the worst and even when he did play he could barely kick the ball until his last few games and then he broke down again.  He has limited time left and the time to get value for him was probably last year but if we hold onto any longer his value will drop remarkably.

Our drafting for pure mids has been the second worst thing behind our ruck drafting (or lack of it), after Cotch, Martin and Lids were performing well in 2012 RFC clearly thought our midfield was done and started drafting part time mids who played elsewhere eg Vlastuin, Ellis, Lennon, Conca.

We are crying out for big bodied mids who can tackle and can push forward to kick goals and what do we hear, ah no lets keep an ageing broken down player until he has no value.

Welcome to mediocrity for another 35 years with that attitude. 

I for one am glad the RFC is finally trying to correct some of the wrongs in the last three years but hey I understand some prefer the RFC to perform badly just so they can run their whingeing whining agenda all day long.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
Just thinking outside the square here,

But Bartell and Caddy for Lids?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

He has played six seasons and is statistically getting better every season, the last two he has averaged 20 odd disposals, 4 tackles and kicked approx 20 goals each season, and this is despite having to play second fiddle to Selwood and Dangerfield.

Deledio on the other hand is breaking down every year and this year was the worst and even when he did play he could barely kick the ball until his last few games and then he broke down again.  He has limited time left and the time to get value for him was probably last year but if we hold onto any longer his value will drop remarkably.

Our drafting for pure mids has been the second worst thing behind our ruck drafting (or lack of it), after Cotch, Martin and Lids were performing well in 2012 RFC clearly thought our midfield was done and started drafting part time mids who played elsewhere eg Vlastuin, Ellis, Lennon, Conca.

We are crying out for big bodied mids who can tackle and can push forward to kick goals and what do we hear, ah no lets keep an ageing broken down player until he has no value.

I for one am glad the RFC is finally trying to correct some of the wrongs in the last three years but hey I understand some prefer the RFC to perform badly just so they can run their whingeing whining agenda all day long.

Wow! Please post your opinion more often  :clapping :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2016, 09:04:46 AM »
actually 16 goals in 2015 and 15 the year before. This year 21. Shane Edwards numbers :thumbsup

That being said i think we have to deal as our recruiters are hopeless and Caracella may be able to move him to another level.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:13 AM »

why would we want bartel for a year caddy yes and grab another one of there younger kids so we can develop then make the deal for lids

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #623 on: October 12, 2016, 09:41:56 AM »
actually 16 goals in 2015 and 15 the year before. This year 21. Shane Edwards numbers :thumbsup

That being said i think we have to deal as our recruiters are hopeless and Caracella may be able to move him to another level.

Caracella has been a coach of his at Geelong

Why would he suddenly be the master stroke

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #624 on: October 12, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »

Agree. I'm all for Lids / Caddy swap.
Add Prestia and Caddy to our midfield and it looks a lot less fragile.
They're both the right age group too, so if we do need to bottom out for a couple of years they will still be around at the other end of it.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #625 on: October 12, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »
Sounds like the Cats are not going to part with a Caddy.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #626 on: October 12, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »

why would we want bartel for a year caddy yes and grab another one of there younger kids so we can develop then make the deal for lids
Well Bartell does come from a culture of one of the most successful clubs in the modern era. Might bring something to the club that we have so sorely been missing the last 35 years.

Caddy and a 3rd rounder might be the offer. But 3rd rounder is unlikely to do much. So why not Bartell? Again, just throwing up ideas.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »

Well Bartell does come from a culture of one of the most successful clubs in the modern era. Might bring something to the club that we have so sorely been missing the last 35 years.

Caddy and a 3rd rounder might be the offer. But 3rd rounder is unlikely to do much. So why not Bartell? Again, just throwing up ideas.

Can we get Boomer Harvey and Sam Mitchell as well

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #628 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »

Can we get Boomer Harvey and Sam Mitchell as well

Argh Chuck I thought you'd turned over a new leaf after you last post.

Out with the old, in with the nucleus.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #629 on: October 12, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »

Wow! Please post your opinion more often  :clapping :gotigers

Prefer the predictable one liners.

BTW Caddy is average.  One paced with limited skill.  Rather keep Miles.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?