Author Topic: Post Gone  (Read 10666 times)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Post Gone
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
Let's face it.  He was given one game in which he played badly (Round 1, Carlton) but he wash't alone in that regard.  Then he is dropped like a hot potato for almost the rest of the year.  How is a young player supposed to get confidence and play with flair.  Look at Hawthorn and the way they play Schoenmakers.  He has played worse games than Post but they have backed the guy and he has slowly improved.  By the end of 2013 he may develop into there leading backman if this trend continues.
Post should have been told at the start of 2012 that he will be played for 10 games no matter what.  After that time he would be assessed.  If his performances thereafter meant that he deserved more senior games then he should have continued playing.  That way Post would not have to worry about each handpass and each kick thinking that if he fluffed one he would be dropped.  Fair dinkum that's exactly how the boy played.  He seemed so concerned about making an error the hesitation would kill him.
Now we have replaced a 22 year old KPP with a 29 year old ill disciplined one dimensional forward that could possibly be a bad influence on the only other Maori in the team, Martin.

Great decision RFC!

I don't understand how the club couldn't see this. It's so obvious he can play and its so obvious he has skill. It was even more obvious when he gave off a bad kick or handball it was from a player who has been waiting 15 weeks to get back in the team. I'm positive there was something behind the scenes which prevented him getting games. If he was at Hawthorn he'd be on 50 games with a bright future. Something stinks at tigerland still. What stinks more is supporters who were too blind to see this and wanted him gone too

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
LMFAO at people blaming the Club, blaming Miller, blaming this that and everything else :lol the kid was a dud period!!! If we had of given him 20 games last year the same people would have accused the club of gifting games to player :lol The fact that we couldn't trade him shows that there are 17 other clubs out there that also see the same floors in him that we do......He's gone, Time to move on.....

Dud is a dumb word. Reckon Post had more upside than Astbury. Maybe even more than Griffiths

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »
LMFAO at people blaming the Club, blaming Miller, blaming this that and everything else :lol the kid was a dud period!!! If we had of given him 20 games last year the same people would have accused the club of gifting games to player :lol The fact that we couldn't trade him shows that there are 17 other clubs out there that also see the same floors in him that we do......He's gone, Time to move on.....

Dud is a dumb word. Reckon Post had more upside than Astbury. Maybe even more than Griffiths

Yep, the difference is they are still on the list and Post is gone ;) Do you not find it funny that no one else wanted him either??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »

I don't understand how the club couldn't see this. It's so obvious he can play and its so obvious he has skill. It was even more obvious when he gave off a bad kick or handball it was from a player who has been waiting 15 weeks to get back in the team. I'm positive there was something behind the scenes which prevented him getting games. If he was at Hawthorn he'd be on 50 games with a bright future. Something stinks at tigerland still. What stinks more is supporters who were too blind to see this and wanted him gone too

Maybe it is you who cannot see the forrest for the trees or simply you refuse to see what others have including those it would seem at the club. I don't know why you are fixated on this "something going on behind the scenes" nonsense. Have you for one minute thought they just didn't rate him or got sick of his lack of intensity, lack of mongrel, his unwillingness to attack the contest, his pulling out of contests?

Any player can have all the skill in the world but if they don't have the want, the intensity, a single mindedness, the drive and the application then it means ZERO. More often than not they will fail

Seems it's very easy to blame everyone else but not the said player. But perhaps just perhaps the player should shoulder some of the blame as well.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
Let's face it.  He was given one game in which he played badly (Round 1, Carlton) but he wash't alone in that regard.  Then he is dropped like a hot potato for almost the rest of the year.  How is a young player supposed to get confidence and play with flair.  Look at Hawthorn and the way they play Schoenmakers.  He has played worse games than Post but they have backed the guy and he has slowly improved.  By the end of 2013 he may develop into there leading backman if this trend continues.
Post should have been told at the start of 2012 that he will be played for 10 games no matter what.  After that time he would be assessed.  If his performances thereafter meant that he deserved more senior games then he should have continued playing.  That way Post would not have to worry about each handpass and each kick thinking that if he fluffed one he would be dropped.  Fair dinkum that's exactly how the boy played.  He seemed so concerned about making an error the hesitation would kill him.
Now we have replaced a 22 year old KPP with a 29 year old ill disciplined one dimensional forward that could possibly be a bad influence on the only other Maori in the team, Martin.

Great decision RFC!

If Hawthorn think he is any good they will draft him in a couple of weeks.  Watch this space..............

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »
If Hawthorn think he is any good they will draft him in a couple of weeks.  Watch this space..............

Would be great for us if they did.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:20 AM »
Would have kept post ... Better than astbury.... And more upside than mguane white and hackson

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2012, 03:49:25 AM »
Bollo
Ckz

Better than than dave

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »
Would have kept post ... Better than astbury.... And more upside than mguane white and hackson

:rollin  Yeah he showed that in 2012.  ::) Wouldn't have got a game had Grimes not been injured.  He attacked the ball with intensity and looked like a real AFL player ONCE last season which was a brief moment against the Bombers in round 22. It stood out so much that it made people think who the hell was that?? Surely that wasn't Post.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
he will be picked up else where be injected with confidence and become a good player

hardwick had no idea how to get the best out of post

facts are  mguane white hackson etc dont deserve to be on our list over post
post has more upside and  a hot mum

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
he will be picked up else where be injected with confidence and become a good player

hardwick had no idea how to get the best out of post

facts are  mguane white hackson etc dont deserve to be on our list over post
post has more upside and  a hot mum

Post may pull a rookie spot somewhere if he's lucky. He obviously has some serious floors in his game, good luck to him at his next club if he can find one.....

TigerTimeII

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
his flaws are he was never allowed to settle, gain confidence

he actually started showing a towards the end of season

but i guess getting a drunk like edwards is better

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:54 AM »

but i guess getting a drunk like edwards is better

Sadly for Post and the club, yes.

I really wanted him to make it and when we first got him I was thinking he could have been a replacement for Richo with his rumoured strong hands and good leap.  Sadly, the strong hands turned out to be a myth at the top level as he rarely dominated in the air or took a bag of good contested marks.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
Better than astbury....

What on earth are you basing that one? Seriously, please explain. He is older, has played more games, has had far less injuries and has still shown less than Astbury.
Astbury will be all right. You'l see.

The fact that Post was delisted and not traded speaks for itself.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
He just doesn't have the goods he doesn't even dominate the level below, why are people carrying on like we have just delisted the second coming?
Lots of people name their swords......