Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 312062 times)

the claw

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1335 on: July 06, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »
i think one thing very clear. vickery at richmond should not have got the games he got early on.without a doubt  at geelong and hawthorn he would have been developed in the twos. those clubs had other options.
to me vickery has flaws as both a ruckman and a fwd. because of em i cant see him ever being a very good player in either role.
still who knows hes 200cm and sometimes not often mind but sometimes they just go click and find a way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1336 on: July 06, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »
Patience with Vickery is paying off, says Maric
Ben Guthrie 
afl.com.au
July 6, 2014

TY VICKERY's equal career-high four goals against the Brisbane Lions on Saturday is likely to become a familiar sight for Tigers fans, according to teammate Ivan Maric.

Vickery returned with a vengeance in Richmond's 25-point win over the Lions at the MCG, responding in strong fashion to his omission from the senior team earlier this year.

Maric believes Vickery's development is right on track.

"He's just going to get better and better. Big guys take a bit of time and everyone needs to be patient," Maric told AFL.com.au.

"Tyrone is going to be a great ruckman/forward for this footy club."

With the Lions' key forward struggles exposed, Vickery's presence proved to be the difference at the other end of the ground.

The 200cm big man finished with 16 disposals, four marks and eight hit-outs to demonstrate his importance to the Tigers' structure.

As is typical with Vickery, his four goals came with some niggle and off the ball sparring with opponents.

Maric believes that aggression is an essential part of Vickery's game.

"You have to have that aggression as a big guy," Maric said.

"If you get into a little scuffle, so be it. Sometimes you have to pay the fine for the team to succeed.

"When he's playing aggressive, he plays well."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-06/tys-the-guy

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1337 on: July 06, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
Na delist too old

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1338 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »
Nice of Ivan to pump up his tyres, hope the big fella instills some of his mongrel and attack on the footy in Ty before he retires

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1339 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
Tyrone is an enigma. Has some talent that's clear and should be coming into his prime but does he want it enough?

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1340 on: July 07, 2014, 11:55:09 AM »
Vickery seemed like a different player on the weekend.  He looked happy and motivated.  What was the tonic?  Is he taking some experimental drugs for mental health issues.  Has he been informed Hardwick will be gone at season end?  That large a shift in a persons demeanor, you have to think something is up.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1341 on: July 07, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Better than Hampson in the rock and kicks goals. Hampson should never play a senior game again
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1342 on: July 07, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
Better than Hampson in the rock and kicks goals. Hampson should never play a senior game again

Unless a national ladies league starts up in which case he should apply

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1343 on: July 07, 2014, 07:06:05 PM »
How often is it kicked to him...

Perfect example of why that is was when Griff was the only option for a player to kick to 50m away and instead of leading at the ball carrier with a paddock in front of him he leads away turning the 50m kick into an impossible 60m kick + the extra distance needed to get it over the top

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1344 on: July 07, 2014, 07:48:40 PM »
Yeah I seen mcgaune aedwards hampson orren do some stupid shyte in the forward line too

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1345 on: July 07, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »

Perfect example of why that is was when Griff was the only option for a player to kick to 50m away and instead of leading at the ball carrier with a paddock in front of him he leads away turning the 50m kick into an impossible 60m kick + the extra distance needed to get it over the top

the players are too scared to mark one of griffs big kicks
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1346 on: July 07, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »

the players are too scared to mark one of griffs big kicks

What

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1347 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
Vickery seemed like a different player on the weekend.  He looked happy and motivated.  What was the tonic?  Is he taking some experimental drugs for mental health issues.  Has he been informed Hardwick will be gone at season end?  That large a shift in a persons demeanor, you have to think something is up.

Playing Brisbane was probably the remedy.

We're playing Port this week. Hope he's interested :help

tony_montana

« Reply #1348 on: July 07, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »

Think you're being harsh there as Ive seen Tyrone do this more than any other forward in the comp let alone our team, yet you call Griff out on it? I counted 9 times in rnd 1 first half where Ty played from behind and was calling for it over the top.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1349 on: July 08, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »

Think you're being harsh there as Ive seen Tyrone do this more than any other forward in the comp let alone our team, yet you call Griff out on it? I counted 9 times in rnd 1 first half where Ty played from behind and was calling for it over the top.

Unfortuantely all our tall forwards seem to want it over the top, but Griff's was just a different kettle of fish. I wish I could remember the exact timing and I'd bother searching for it but we just needed to control the ball coming out of D50 and he just made a difficult kick so much harder and it went right back in.