Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 312066 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1680 on: March 31, 2015, 08:37:34 PM »
When is his contract up?

Not soon enough  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #1681 on: March 31, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
I wonder what dimmer thought of jono Browns comments about his pet?

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1682 on: March 31, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »
IS there a player going into this season, with more pressure to perform than this guy?  Me thinks not and he knows it..

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1683 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »
We wouldn't be having this discussion if he was a 3rd round pick.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1684 on: March 31, 2015, 11:36:38 PM »
True.  But he wasn't and a third round kid wouldn't be getting $400K+......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1685 on: March 31, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »

I reckon Browny nailed the comment about his salary. It's what an average KPF would be worth. His draft order now means nothing, if that's the reason he's still on our list then I'd happily join Dooks, Dio and Oxx on the dark side because misery loves company
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1686 on: April 01, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Misery, does love company.
You're right.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1687 on: April 01, 2015, 04:30:23 AM »

I reckon Browny nailed the comment about his salary. It's what an average KPF would be worth. His draft order now means nothing, if that's the reason he's still on our list then I'd happily join Dooks, Dio and Oxx on the dark side because misery loves company

The door is always open HRT. See you after our first bad loss
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1688 on: April 01, 2015, 06:53:37 AM »

And if he was a 3rd round pick I doubt very much after 6-7 seasons he'd still be on the list .....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1689 on: April 01, 2015, 07:54:52 AM »

We need a like button on this forum. Exactly my thoughts.

Listening to the round table discussion on fox footy about us. Dermie suggested that we do away with the three talls and use Lids as a permanent lead up marking forward. He isn't as imperative to midfield these days. No reason he couldn't kick 50+ goals for us this year in that role.

Fwd line is tremendously more dangerous with Jack staying at home, Griffiths up around half Fwd, Lids inbetween. With Dusty and Cotch resting forward at various stages. 
Detka! Detka! Detka!

tony_montana

« Reply #1690 on: April 01, 2015, 08:35:23 AM »

And if he was a 3rd round pick I doubt very much after 6-7 seasons he'd still be on the list .....

Exactly, if he was a 3rd round pick, he wouldn't have been gifted about 80 games and persevered with..

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1691 on: April 01, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »

Exactly, if he was a 3rd round pick, he wouldn't have been gifted about 80 games and persevered with..
being gifted games is exactly what has ruined him.
to me he was a ruckman he should have spent the first 3 yrs in the magoos being developed in that role. instead a dearth of tall fwds meant we developed and  played him in a role that hes just plain, well lets say average at. our problem here is list management and vickery to some degree is the scape goat for it.

personally ive long argued three talls is the way to go. most sides manage to do it.our trouble is the type of tall fwds we have and the dual roles they have. im dead set against playing just one tall in the fwd line when ivan goes for a break on the bench.  that is what will happen when griffiths relieves him, structure goes out the window and riewoldt will be left one out again.i also think griffiths has struggled fwd but has done okay when given the freedom of the ruck.

ive had a holiday from the site my own fault, and have been away in victoria  and sydney as well. i havent seen the last two nab games but i would be very tempted to throw young mckenzie in the deep end, we have to find a real good foil for jack if we are to go anywhere. play him keep structure and persevere for awhile regardless of performances.
supporters continually think its all about winning nothing can be further from the truth imo. we need to address list needs and develop even fast track players in roles we are deficient in.
we have too many deficiencies to be a challenger so imo development and getting games into younger blokes is the higher priority atm.

i said  before the draft  id be over the moon with a tall fwd set up like the following.

FF: #### - mccartin - griffiths 2nd ruck. mccartin is quality and its exactly this quality that we lack. griffiths is an ideal 2nd ruck give him more time in the ruck and rest him fwd. if we wish to change it down then rest him on the bench.
HF: Lamb -  riewoldt - ####.  lamb could play on a wing. but imo  hes exactly the type of tall fwd we lack,  he can play fwd can take a grab has good height has genuine pace  and plays more like a flanker with good  endurance. when developed will be a very difficult match up for any team.

if we had a small like rioli at their feet with another who has real pace and can defend as well as kick a goal then three talls is not a problem.
our structure suffers because of the type of talls we play, two dinosaurs in vickery and griffiths plus riewoldt who isnt exactly blessed with pace,  and the lack of quick quality small/mediums magnifies the problem .
the galling part is this problem has been evident for how many yrs now.   yet those in charge have done little to address the problems.or when they have tried they just keep on getting it wrong and place to few eggs in the one basket to rectify the problem.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: April 01, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure he spent most of his time up forward as a junior, claw.  So it was not unreasonable to play him as one.

being gifted games is exactly what has ruined him.
to me he was a ruckman he should have spent the first 3 yrs in the magoos being developed in that role. instead a dearth of tall fwds meant we developed and  played him in a role that hes just plain, well lets say average at. our problem here is list management and vickery to some degree is the scape goat for it.

personally ive long argued three talls is the way to go. most sides manage to do it.our trouble is the type of tall fwds we have and the dual roles they have. im dead set against playing just one tall in the fwd line when ivan goes for a break on the bench.  that is what will happen when griffiths relieves him, structure goes out the window and riewoldt will be left one out again.i also think griffiths has struggled fwd but has done okay when given the freedom of the ruck.

ive had a holiday from the site my own fault, and have been away in victoria  and sydney as well. i havent seen the last two nab games but i would be very tempted to throw young mckenzie in the deep end, we have to find a real good foil for jack if we are to go anywhere. play him keep structure and persevere for awhile regardless of performances.
supporters continually think its all about winning nothing can be further from the truth imo. we need to address list needs and develop even fast track players in roles we are deficient in.
we have too many deficiencies to be a challenger so imo development and getting games into younger blokes is the higher priority atm.

i said  before the draft  id be over the moon with a tall fwd set up like the following.

FF: #### - mccartin - griffiths 2nd ruck. mccartin is quality and its exactly this quality that we lack. griffiths is an ideal 2nd ruck give him more time in the ruck and rest him fwd. if we wish to change it down then rest him on the bench.
HF: Lamb -  riewoldt - ####.  lamb could play on a wing. but imo  hes exactly the type of tall fwd we lack,  he can play fwd can take a grab has good height has genuine pace  and plays more like a flanker with good  endurance. when developed will be a very difficult match up for any team.

if we had a small like rioli at their feet with another who has real pace and can defend as well as kick a goal then three talls is not a problem.
our structure suffers because of the type of talls we play, two dinosaurs in vickery and griffiths plus riewoldt who isnt exactly blessed with pace,  and the lack of quick quality small/mediums magnifies the problem .
the galling part is this problem has been evident for how many yrs now.   yet those in charge have done little to address the problems.or when they have tried they just keep on getting it wrong and place to few eggs in the one basket to rectify the problem.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: April 01, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »

The even more galling part is that we have recruited Lambert as the quick, quality small who is experienced and we continue to select the slow, mediocre Newman and Morris.
Claw, we really have a lot of quick smalls after the last draft (Butler, Short, Lambert even Ellis, Menadue and Drummond) but Dimma has to select them.
Dimma has already nominated Lambert as the 2015 Shane Tuck medallist after he gave it to Miles last year.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1694 on: April 01, 2015, 08:26:43 PM »
This is the part where Ty goes back to the VFL and kicks 8 and dominates.

Will it happen though, it hasn't before.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do