Author Topic: Gaspar HAS GOT TO GO!  (Read 5141 times)

froars

Re: Gaspar HAS GOT TO GO!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 10:03:56 PM »
Showed plenty of heart, courage and "leadership" today by putting his head over the ball as a Geelong player went right thru him.

Ox

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2004, 11:15:08 PM »
Hey OX, not his fault the clowns at :birthday RFC signed him up on a contract for 5 years
You will find we cant get rid of him unless they come to an agreement :scream

I know Jackstar.

I also know that the folk on this board  are pretty switched on to the way things run
but I dont see the point in praising the guy.

He played better - so what !

Are we that brainwashed that we automatically try to see the positive of
a major negative.

He did Jack in the first half or have we come to ccept that now.

Should never have been all Australian and has pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years.

The fact that no-one will pick up his contract in a deal with us
is testament to the fact he's a liability.

froars

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 11:20:51 PM »
I also know that the folk on this board  are pretty switched on to the way things run
but I dont see the point in praising the guy.
And i don't see the point in bagging the crap out of anyone - be it a gaspar or anyone - if they're legitimately having a go. If some idiots want to put him on an enormous contract for 5 years, who's the fool?  Surely not Gaspar.  Did he go out deilberately and do his knee?  I don't think so.  Did he have one bad year before he did his knee?  Yes.  Who has had a perfect career?  All Australian player before that - despite how we rate him - shows he must have been doing something good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 03:09:02 AM »
I praise efforts like that because that's what I expect all the time from Richmond players in terms of commitment - not only from the player himself but also towards doing the team things. After sitting through inept and insipid "performances" time and time again year after year after year and totally fed up with soft disinterested efforts I guess I'm showing some positive reinforcement towards not accepting anything less than 100% effort.

As for Gas - sure his skills remain dodgy under pressure and he won't be part of our next premiership. One game doesn't change that IMO either and if another Club offered to at least pay 50% of his current salary to take him off our hands then I would take it. Gas' strength before doing his knee was his ability to out-judge the forward in terms of the flight of the ball. Today was the first time I saw that again. Credit due for doing his job well yesterday.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 08:53:06 AM »
I praise Gaspar for his first passable effort for the year, which comes 19 weeks into the season, in a meaningless game where the opposition were at best going through the motions.  :lol
Praise him for playing ok this game sure, but don't forget how bad he has been for the whole year. Weren't the RFC talking him up pre-season, talking about how quickly he had recovered from his knee, which is amazing? A year and a half later he is struggling at Coburg.

I believe Gaspar will improve next year but he has always been overrated and the contract he is on is rediculous.

We couldn't give him away as it stands so we are stuck with him unless West Coast are feeling especially generous. I doubt they will be though.

2JD

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 09:05:19 AM »
I have no problem with things like handballs going to the wrong player when youre under pressure, or a kick off the side of the boot going out on the full or hitting the post, or stuffing up when you bounce the ball and it goes the wrong way, these are all things that happen in our great game. But twice yesterday I saw Gaspar stop and let the opposition get the ball, it had me yelling "THE BALL GAS!!! GET THE BALL!!!" It seemed that after he got pole axed his game improved greatly, maybe he needs a good whack in the head to realise that his team mates wear black and yellow and the aim of the game is to get that red thing before the opposition do. :thumbsup

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 09:44:42 AM »
Guys we cant get rid of everyone....and if I had a choice Id like to keep Gas over Chubba......WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Ox

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 01:04:35 PM »
He's been schit for 3 years and if u think he's anything more then you're
kidding yourself.

He represents the old way and should be arseholed.

I cant believe people here are defending this girl.

I agree with Harry from another thread,where-ever that was,about moving these types of players on.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 06:33:18 PM »
Im not defending him now as he has annoyed me constantly for a while  but  he has come back from a knee reco and that has slowed him down even more as he was never blessed with pace as such.
I think he will be the prime example of why there will be fewer 5year deals taking place.
He held us to ransom a few years back due his all Australian award and some galah signed his contract.
Lets hope we learn from it.

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 11:41:55 PM »

Do the same with Campbell. Looks totally disinterested and simply going through the motions with his shoulder hurt. Too scared to go in for a contest.

Didn't think I would ever see the day when the Great JohnF come out with this...... :scream

Ox

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 12:29:58 AM »
Apologies guys if i sounded angry.

Not directed at anyone here(maybe u Froars :lol)

Like everyone here Im concerned but more specifically that there is a chance these type of players/guys will just continue the cancer if they remain at the joint..

IMO Their mere presence does more harm than good for this reason alone.

Young Hartigan has leadership written all over him and already denies these guys true leadership rights,if not officially.

We need a new generation of footballer cos the older ones have been left behind.

froars

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 06:18:47 AM »
Not directed at anyone here(maybe u Froars )

MT/WP, can we get a "hit a nerve" smiley  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2004, 08:17:06 AM »
Not directed at anyone here(maybe u Froars )

MT/WP, can we get a "hit a nerve" smiley  :rollin :rollin :rollin

A bow & arrow smiley perhaps.

I am trying to find a "puke" smiley  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2004, 11:29:24 AM »

Do the same with Campbell. Looks totally disinterested and simply going through the motions with his shoulder hurt. Too scared to go in for a contest.

Didn't think I would ever see the day when the Great JohnF come out with this...... :scream

LoL, I may be his greatest fan Gus, but the writing is on the wall, he is no longer what he was. Injuries and old age have ruined him, and unless he is 100% injury free (which he isn't at the moment) he shouldn't be selected. In fact, rather than hang around and decline to the level of some of the hacks around him, it would be nice to see him call it a day at the end of the year.

froars

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2004, 11:36:46 AM »