Author Topic: Hardwick's next contract discussion [merged]  (Read 14135 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's next contract discussion [merged]
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
Adelaide must be bleeding that they traded us that pick. We will end up with 3 players for Tambling and I think Elton is one of those + whoever we get next year as well. Fine trade indeed IMHO.

"The Tigers will receive two NAB AFL Draft selections in return for the 24-year-old; a compensation pick at the end of the first round and a third-round pick, which currently sits at No.50."

So that was D-Mac and this years pick.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
We got Dean Mac with the 3rd rounder, then ontraded the compo pick last trade period to Gold Coast for Pick 26 (Todd Elton) and their 2nd round compo pick which was originally Port's.

So in effect, Tambling got us Dean Mac, Todd Elton and a pick directly after Port's second round pick this draft.  :gotigers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
So its to our benefit that Port has a shocking season. The less they win the higher up the pecking order we will get with that particular pick  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »
We got Dean Mac with the 3rd rounder, then ontraded the compo pick last trade period to Gold Coast for Pick 26 (Todd Elton) and their 2nd round compo pick which was originally Port's.

So in effect, Tambling got us Dean Mac, Todd Elton and a pick directly after Port's second round pick this draft.  :gotigers

RFC_O schooled  :bow

(and the Crows  :thumbsup)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »

RFC_O schooled  :bow

(and the Crows  :thumbsup)

touche

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
lawl

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
We also have the compensation pick which relates back to Tambling and which I believe is linked to where Port Adelaide finish.

Wouldn't it be linked to where Adelaide finish, as that's who we got the pick from?

Nah I think it was linked to Port Adel's finish based on the ols priority pick system smokey and how many wins Port may or may not get

Makes sense now WP, I had forgotten that we on-traded it to Port.  The Tambling trade just keeps getting better and we may yet end up with a better outcome than Buddy!   :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick extension looms at Richmond (SNF)
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »
Hardwick extension looms at Richmond

By Kim Hagdorn
Sports News First
14 March 2012 12:06PM EST

CONFIRMATION of an extension for Damien Hardwick as Richmond head coach looks imminent.

The Essendon and Port Adelaide premiership tough nut could be announced to continue as Tigers boss before the opening bounce of the new AFL premiership season.

Hardwick looks certain to be offered a new two-year deal to lead the youthful and emerging Tigers through until at least the end of 2014.

Hardwick, 39, is out of contract at the end of this season.

He is one of only three AFL coaches out of contract at the end of 2012, along with Gold Coast’s Guy McKenna and legendary former Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy who is in charge at new outfit Greater Western Sydney this year.

Hardwick looks set for an assurance of his security before the Tigers first home-and-away engagement of the 2012 season against Carlton at the MCG on Thursday March 29.

His impending extension gathered raging momentum when the Tigers demolished reigning champions Geelong by a hefty 59 points at Simonds Stadium in the NAB Cup fourth round.

Verification for Hardwick to stay at Richmond’s helm will also quash potential for speculation through AFL circles that decorated AFL coach and former Tigers premiership back man Mick Malthouse could take over next year.

Malthouse, 58, is out of coaching this season for the first time since 1984 and working in various media appointments.

The dual West Coast and 2010 Collingwood premiership coach will be continually linked with a possible move back to take over from Hardwick if the Tigers stumble in 2012 on the back of growing expectations that Richmond can press back into finals for the first time since 2001.

It is understood that announcement of Hardwick’s new agreement could be made in days leading into the big clash with the Blues later this month, which heralds a potentially daunting start to the new season for the Tigers.

The Tigers have Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, the Cats back in Geelong and West Coast through April to launch the new premiership campaign.

With May engagements against Port Adelaide, in Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon and Hawthorn all at the MCG and then St Kilda, Fremantle and Greater Western Sydney at Skoda Stadium before Richmond’s bye in Round 13, the Tigers could have a firm understanding on the finals prospects before the end of June.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/14/hardwick-extension-looms-at-richmond/

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
More attempted media pressure to make the Tigers show their hand way too early.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Ah Kimmy at it again but i reckon he has just about hit the bullseye here... :thumbsup

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
Dimma has just got 2 more years.

Well done RFC!

Announced tonight at the season opener function. :cheers

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
mmm Kim and i must have the same sauce, i know he loves his meat pies.

10 FLAGS

Re: Richmond to re-sign Hardwick within the next month: Caro
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »
Hardwick has already signed. Benny Gale is just taking the pee out of the lot of them.  :clapping

Closer to the truth than alot of others imagined at the time. The decision to keep Hardwick was made a fair while ago. OER first with the big news!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
got a sneaky that it is similar with lids. wouldnt be surprised if we get that announced on the eve of our season opener
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »
After watching last nights game in particular our kick ins.opposition switching etc etc
This could be yet another mistake
We have spent a pre season doing what?
The kick ins were laughable
The way Carlton switched and rebounded was at ease
The club wants more money from supporters to bolster the footy department.what for?
They can't even implement a simple kick in strategy
Yep.just kick to a contest
Why would they give Dimma another 2 year extension is beyond belief