Author Topic: Jeff Bond  (Read 3557 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Jeff Bond
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 03:53:46 AM »
Mail is he was a complete imbecile. ::)
Its amazes me reading this thread, how many people get sucked in when the RFC make a decision,every one appauldes it, but no body understands if its right or wrong..

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 07:29:58 AM »
Part of the problem here was at the time it seemed like a good idea based on what most people thought he was going to be doing turns out though no one actually knew what his role was at the Club because it certainly wasn't as Club pyshcologist

I liken it to buying a new car - years ago I bought a Peugeot mainly based on the reputation of Peugeot and the write ups this particular model got. 6 months after buying it discovered it was a lemon and was going to cost me a fortune in break repairs ..... Thought I had bought a great car... it wasn't , it wnet within 2 years... Moral of the story don't buy a Peugeot  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »
Funny story about a Peugeot, David Honeybun used to driveone, problem is that Dave was 6ft 6 ins, LOL. His head was jammed against the roof as he drove

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »
Part of the problem here was at the time it seemed like a good idea based on what most people thought he was going to be doing turns out though no one actually knew what his role was at the Club because it certainly wasn't as Club pyshcologist
I remember reading his job role on PRE and was confused. Surprised that we needed someone in a full time role for what he was doing and thought there must be far more important things to spend money on. Can't remember the job description exactly though so not going to guess as I'd probably be wrong.

I liken it to buying a new car - years ago I bought a Peugeot mainly based on the reputation of Peugeot and the write ups this particular model got. 6 months after buying it discovered it was a lemon and was going to cost me a fortune in break repairs ..... Thought I had bought a great car... it wasn't , it wnet within 2 years... Moral of the story don't buy a Peugeot  ;D
Peugeot has a good reputation?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »
Did he do the hypnotism on Tambling?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »

That was
Dr Marvin Monroe.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
It was Peter Powers before the Rich v Bulldogs game.  :P

Moral of the story don't buy a Peugeot  ;D
No way could people who eat snails make a decent car.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

richmondrules

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »

That was
Dr Marvin Monroe.

I heard it was Dr Nick Riviera.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »
Peugeot has a good reputation?

:lol :lol

Actually when you have family who have always owned them, never had a problem with them, swears by and then  you have drive one of their cars - yeah they had a good reputation

Seriously though biggest problem we had was the brakes, every 3-6 months had to get the pads and disc replaced or the pads replaced and discs "machined"

Peugeot blamed my driving..

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
i would have thought with his background working with elite athletes he would have been ideal in crafting a player development program, would appear his efforts amounted to NOTHING...he wont be missed :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
Bond is still with the RFC according to this NRL report:

Jeff Bond, head of sports psychology at the AIS for more than two decades and now an executive with the Richmond Tigers, is a great believer in habits and experience.

''Playing regularly under stressful conditions sets up the right kind of habits, so you go into each game with the right mindset,'' he said.

Athletes often get caught up in the outcome rather than the process, argued Bond, citing the case of Olympians he's coached who are overawed at the thought of medals and fail to reach their potential.

''The best athletes in the world sometimes do that,'' he said. ''I've known athletes who've gone to their first Olympics and been overwhelmed and it's all over and has spat them out before they've known what's happened. The next time they get their routines consistent, they get their focus right, they know what their job is and they go out and do it and find enormous success.''

Which is another way of saying you have to lose a grand final to win one - and may even apply to any sudden-death match.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/doordie-encounters/2009/09/17/1252780409428.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 06:53:11 AM »
Bond is still with the RFC according to this NRL report:

Can assure you he is no longer at the RFC

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 11:01:38 AM »
Which is another way of saying you have to lose a grand final to win one - and may even apply to any sudden-death match.

What about a round 1 match that could kill your season, Jeff.  ::) ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Con65

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »
WP...wasn't he on the committee that appointed the coach..or at least one of the sub-committees?

When did he go?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »
WP...wasn't he on the committee that appointed the coach..or at least one of the sub-committees?

When did he go?

Yes was on the first round sub-committee and I am not sure when he left exaclty - after the Harwick announcement I believe