Author Topic: Nahas in Trouble  (Read 7616 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nahas in Trouble
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »
I'm trying to remember the incident. From memory didn't the Swans player duck and burrow into Nahas initiating the contact? From what I heard Eddie commentating on the Foxtel coverage defended Robbie.

3rd qtr it was

And yes they did Healy (I think) suggested the Swans players head ended up going into Robbie's thigh, can tell you from the vision I saw today from one angle in particular the Swans players head goes striaght into the ground. Nahas has him and rolls him head first into the ground - should have been a free but the umpire (surprise surprise) was ont he wrong side to see it

As I said it doesn't look good at all
It doesn't look good WP, but i think he has the defence that he had no choice to tackle him the way he did. Just trying to cast my memory back a little,  did the swans player initiate the contact with Nahas?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »
It doesn't look good WP, but i think he has the defence that he had no choice to tackle him the way he did. Just trying to cast my memory back a little,  did the swans player initiate the contact with Nahas?

For mememory the Swans player had the ball and ducked ever so slightly Nahas tackled him as he ducked so automatically had him head high. Nahas then ended up on his backside and dragged the Swans player over his shoulder head first into the turf (reminded me of World Championship Wrestling from the early mid 1970's)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
It was a DDT

Swans player went into him head first so he had no other option but to tackle him while the player was positioned that way

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »
I think if you look at it closely, Nahas actually has tackled him on his shoulders from the 'backwards' position so in effect there is no high tackle to be paid, especially as the Swans player ducked in the first place.  And Nahas has little control from that point as the Swans player has the momentum that helps carry them both to the ground.  Will be very very unlucky if he gets cited for it imho.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
I think if you look at it closely, Nahas actually has tackled him on his shoulders from the 'backwards' position so in effect there is no high tackle to be paid, especially as the Swans player ducked in the first place.  And Nahas has little control from that point as the Swans player has the momentum that helps carry them both to the ground.  Will be very very unlucky if he gets cited for it imho.

Fair call smokey but the MRP being the MRP means this week he is likely to get 2 weeks (reduced to 1) and next week he'd likely to get off

There is 1 piece of vision that looks damning IMHO and that's the one I reckon they will ping him on

Now seeing I am home today doing very little I'm just about to watch the game again  ;D will have another close look at it  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »

Fair call smokey but the MRP being the MRP means this week he is likely to get 2 weeks (reduced to 1) and next week he'd likely to get off

There is 1 piece of vision that looks damning IMHO and that's the one I reckon they will ping him on

Now seeing I am home today doing very little I'm just about to watch the game again  ;D will have another close look at it  :thumbsup

Fingers crossed then.    :pray

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
At first I thought I saw him maybe use his leg to trip him but on other angles didn't look as such. Anyone else notice this or was his leg just swung underneath him due to the tackle

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 03:57:22 PM »
Might have been his other leg.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »

Cleared (according to SEN)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »

Link??

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »

Link??

tony_montana

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »
Yep cleared,

Link?  Our word  :rollin

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Yep cleared,

Link?  Our word  :rollin

Where's the link to your word??

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Nahas in the Clear (Confirmed the Age)
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
From The Age:

The two other players scrutinised for tackles that caused their opponents to hit the head on the ground, Richmond's Robin Nahas and Essendon's Nathan Lovett-Murray, both escaped charges

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-dream-run-ends-with-walker-suspended-20120514-1ymji.html#ixzz1upD1gZA7

Very lucky - will take it  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:03:33 PM by WilliamPowell »