Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 161856 times)

dwaino

Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
Gets more up to speed every week. Will see himself lifted off the rookie list and onto senior list at the end of the year if he keeps it up I think.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
Lambert ... sunrise ... sunset ... sunrise ... Gordon ...
We have a real old fashioned player here, the choice between the two is just so obvious!   Has taken a while to find his place & adjust to the speed of the game but he is worth the wait.  Tough, hard, composed, footy smart & rock solid!  Average kick, but makes up for it in other ways.  Kiss goodbye a 4th/5th round ND pick because we will be upgrading Lambert to the list.   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
Apparently a shallow draft anyway so it'll free up a rookie spot to take a punt on another guy like this :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »
Lambert ... sunrise ... sunset ... sunrise ... Gordon ...
We have a real old fashioned player here, the choice between the two is just so obvious!   Has taken a while to find his place & adjust to the speed of the game but he is worth the wait.  Tough, hard, composed, footy smart & rock solid!  Average kick, but makes up for it in other ways.  Kiss goodbye a 4th/5th round ND pick because we will be upgrading Lambert to the list.   
He has only played 6 games?? I'd say that's pretty quick to adjust to the pace of AFL footy.
And he is better than an average kick.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2015, 03:18:38 PM »
Absolutely no penetration in his kick. Knew he couldnt make the distance from about 40 meters.
I like him though.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »
Absolutely no penetration in his kick. Knew he couldnt make the distance from about 40 meters.
I like him though.
There is a massive difference between not being able to kick it very far and being an average kick.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »
I never said he was a bad kick.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
I like him though.
There is a massive difference between not being able to kick it very far and being an average kick.

It's a factor though

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »
Just saw a bit of footage from the flirts quater when Lids caught Frawley holding the ball 20 meters from goal, 10 in from the boundary. The ball popped out and Lambert picked it up and could have quickly had a snap but had the presents of mind to stop and let Lids take his free kick at goal which he put through the middle.
It's small things like this that shows me he has a footy brain..and a future at this club.
 Nothing surer if it was Ellis he would have had a snap and most likely missed the goal..

Gigantor

« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
Footy smarts is a rare commodity..lambert has it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »
Dimma talking about Lambert on 3aw:

* We were really happy that Kane limited Sam’s effectiveness. The majority of the time he did the job at stoppage and a little bit off the ball. I think he (Mitchell) had a lot of handballs, as compared to kicking. Sam Mitchell, for mine, is one of the barometers of Hawthorn. If you can limit his influence you can help yourself win the game and I thought young Lambert did a great job. He missed six or seven drafts and he’s come in and provided a really good impact for us thus far.

Miles on SEN too spoke about Lambert:

* He’s a similar player to Nathan Foley, I reckon, and we’ve probably missed that this year. He cracks in and he’s got a bit of speed on the outside and that bit of spark. In terms of his opportunity, I think he missed something like six or seven drafts. It’s a great story and he’s certainly taken that at the moment and, like everyone at the Club, I’m rapt for him. He’s going really well.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-04/lambert-takes-another-key-step

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
If miles says he cracks in good enough for me
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:22 PM »
hope hisdisposal is better than nathan
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2015, 10:53:40 PM »
That wouldn't be too hard....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2015, 12:00:16 AM »
"copthat", a poster at Big Footy made a couple of gifs of some of his highlights from last Friday Night....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.