Author Topic: Richmond AFLW team [merged]  (Read 194264 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond AFLW team [merged]
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2021, 11:50:41 AM »
They cant recruit better. They have no idea what they are doing. They're justwasting everyones time. They dont have any recruiting skills. The two in charge of them should resign. They are Clueless when it comes to putting a list together.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2021, 03:00:22 PM »
2021 NAB AFL Women's Competition - Melbourne v Richmond
Date: Sat. 6 Feb. 2021 @ 5:10 pm
Venue: Casey Fields, Cranbourne East, VIC

Round 2 tickets are now on sale to the general public (as of 11am this morning):

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/2021-nab-afl-womens-competition-melbourne-v-richmond-cranbourne-east-06-02-2021/event/13005A3CCDD17F42

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2021, 10:43:22 AM »
Just seen the highlights, even they were ordinary, glad I didnt have to watch the whole game, would have made my eyes bleed.
:lol I really don’t mind watching it 
You’ve got to lower your expectations and look at it as if it was your own daughters or nieces are playing. The good players really stand out. It will improve as more girls rise up the ranks from junior footy and have a few good years of development behind them.

It would help more if our own club recruited better  :rollin

Exactly this. My daughter is about to turn 2 and right now she is a sprinting climbing machine and gets excited when she says people at the park having a kick to kick. I’m hoping the comp can continue to grow so that she can at least have the option to play competitively at some level when she’s older.

I think the biggest issue is they’re doing the whole “let’s recruit athletes with no team sports background”

Skills take a long time to develop but positioning and fitness can be fixed fairly quickly. I’ve played soccer for many years and when we were caught a few players short we’ve had mates fill incoming from hockey basketball rugby backgrounds and they actually do a serviceable job just because they know the basics of protecting space goal side, when to zone or when to man up etc

I feel like that’s the thing that is missing the most from our team

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2021, 11:48:42 AM »
Problem is 80% of our womens list isnt up to it.
They just need to find girls who run quick and who have got stamina. Girls that can run lines then put a deep kick into our 50. Thats all thats needed in womens footy. Our players lack speed and stamina. I dont see anyone running the lines. This team as it stands is a complete embarrassment to the richmond footy club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2021, 02:25:18 PM »
Problem is 80% of our womens list isnt up to it.
They just need to find girls who run quick and who have got stamina. Girls that can run lines then put a deep kick into our 50. Thats all thats needed in womens footy. Our players lack speed and stamina. I dont see anyone running the lines. This team as it stands is a complete embarrassment to the richmond footy club.

I get your angst Ramps, as you have been very consistent with your views.

However, I have pull you up on your "I dont see anyone running the lines" comment. I believe that you are basing this on having only watched game on TV? Based on that I know that your comment is not accurate. there are players that run the line, unfortunately it is left to; to few. But our top liners certain run the lines, do the 2 way running required. Conti, Monahan, Brennan, Wakefield, Seymour even Fredericks to name a few do it. But our younger players due to their inexperience don't. Exception being McKenize who for a 1st gamer was excellent.

For a number of them it will come with experience. On your stamina point, I think in fairness we all have to remember these women are not full time footballers, they're semi professional

Finally, regarding your "This team as it stands is a complete embarrassment to the richmond footy club" comment. As I said your views are well known but it is still an incredibly cruel comment as you're referencing just the team so appear to only be potting the players and no one else in that statement. 

This isn't the fault of the players. All they can do each week is their best in the environment they find themselves and they are.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2021, 02:48:11 PM »
I agree with all the names you quoted except Fredricks. I have to be honest WP as I didn’t seen them play live the other day but I think Fredricks is an absolute dud.

I’m hoping to go to the game on the weekend so I will be get a better look at it but as far as I’ve seen I wouldn’t include her in that list at all.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »
Hi WP

Yes Ive only seen them on TV. Unfortunately Ive been in hospiyal since Dec 21 last year.

On the TV it looks as though none of them are trying to run the lines. We also look slow. Having said that some of the girls like wakefield (sorry dont remember her first name, she is terrific, I think Brennan could be excellent - but the ball isnt down their much, Conti and McKenzie are good players but its not enough and Richmond AFLW needs to find at least 6 to 8 better standard players to improve the team.

My major angst is with the two people who put this list together. I dont necssarily blame the girls playing. Im sure theyre doing their best but its embarrassing they havent won 1 game of AFLW since we joined the comp.

Look, I will give praise and Ill be the first to put my hand up and say well done girls when theyve turned this around, it just seems a very long way off.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #502 on: February 04, 2021, 04:01:03 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »
Round 2 preview

MELBOURNE v RICHMOND

5.10pm AEDT, Saturday, February 6
Casey Fields, Cranbourne East, Vic

The Dees started slowly against Gold Coast, but started to get their mojo going in the second term with much deeper entries inside their forward-50. Damaging midfielder Karen Paxman must not be left to her own devices again, as she was against the Suns, while Eliza McNamara's debut on the wing was promising.

The common view after Richmond's efforts against Brisbane is the team is much improved from last year's winless outfit, but still a bit off the pace. Harriet Cordner was a star in defence, marking the ball well, but will face a tough task if paired against the 186cm Tegan Cunningham, her old teammate.

Tip: Casey Fields always throws a bit of a wildcard into the mix, with a howling cross-field wind often present, difficult to break into with a size-four footy. Saying that, with Paxman, Tyla Hanks and Lily Mithen, the Dees should be too strong in the clearances. Dees by 19 points.

https://womens.afl/news/58498

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond AFLW Round 2 team
« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »
New Richmond defender Harriet Cordner will take on her old side Melbourne at Casey Fields.

Pacey midfielder Maddy Brancatisano has recovered from a minor knee injury and will replace Luka Lesosky-Hay, with the Tigers opting not to recall utility Laura McClelland after she served the second week of a two-match suspension dating back to last year.

RICHMOND

B: R.Miller 15 H.Cordner 23 
HB: P.Monahan 2 S.D'Arcy 12 I.Ross 21
C: C.Bernardi 6 M.Conti 4 K.Dempsey 19
HF: K.Jacques 10 E.McKenzie 22 C.Wakefield 8
F: S.Frederick 14 T.Stahl 24
Foll: G.Seymour 28 S.Hosking 7 K.Brennan - C 3
I/C: A.Makur Chuot 34 H.Burchell 9 S.Dargan 17 S.Molan 1 M.Brancatisano 5 

Emerg: S.Sansonetti 18 L.McClelland 16 

In: M.Brancatisano
Out: L.Lesosky-Hay (omitted)

https://womens.afl/news/58586/teams-cats-unleash-dangerous-forwards-tiger-takes-on-old-mates

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #505 on: February 06, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »
Sunny day for footy at Casey Fields:

https://twitter.com/RichmondWomens

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: February 06, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
Great start. I’d keep Fredricks in the goal square permanently.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: February 06, 2021, 05:18:14 PM »
Here's the live feed: https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/2915/melb-v-rich

We're kicking into the breeze in the first quarter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #508 on: February 06, 2021, 05:30:49 PM »
McKenzie is a smart footballer  :clapping.

Quarter time

Richmond   1.0-6
Melbourne  1.0-6

Goal: Frederick

Did well to be level given Melbourne had the breeze. Applying good pressure. Could even be in front if kicking into the wind didn't cost us a couple of goals. That last Wakefield shot was straight but the breeze held it up.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2021, 05:32:14 PM »
Excellent quarter. Excellent intensity from all the girls.

Conti and McKenzie stand outs. Conti has a real knack out getting out of congestion although id like to see her go more forwards than backwards.

Cordner and Miller excellent down back.

Leave Fredricks in the goal square.

Brennan is currently getting beating by a very good Melbourne footballer but I don’t know her name.

Great quarter against the wing. Our midfielders doing better than last week.