Author Topic: Richmond’s blessed run with injuries continue as rivals count cost (H-Sun)  (Read 3311 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

I reckon a lot of teams are blowing their O rings out throwing everything to try go with us and prove something.  Watching some of our blokes still sprinting in the fourth to get to the ball and doubled up oppo players made me smile.  That Adelaide game didn't bother me either, was crap umpiring, no point busting bodies up for an ego trip that looked like it was loaded from the outset.  Those wankers carried on like they were redeemed for losing a grandfinal.  Funniest crap I have ever clapped eyes on.
100x this. The social media reaction was hilarious.
"Makes up.for last year"
"Not so tough away from the G"
"Guess we've had the last laugh now".

Lol!

dwaino

I reckon a lot of teams are blowing their O rings out throwing everything to try go with us and prove something.  Watching some of our blokes still sprinting in the fourth to get to the ball and doubled up oppo players made me smile.  That Adelaide game didn't bother me either, was crap umpiring, no point busting bodies up for an ego trip that looked like it was loaded from the outset.  Those wankers carried on like they were redeemed for losing a grandfinal.  Funniest crap I have ever clapped eyes on.

I think it was the Melbourne game, 5 seconds to go and Ellis of all people runs someone down from behind. Collingwood slapped themselves on the back for matching us for three quarters but if you want to beat us you have to go right to the final siren.

+1 on the Adelaide game  :lol. I reckon even Dimma has forgotten about it or at least didn’t take it as seriously as they did after he said the Collingwood game was the hardest yet  ;D

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Could you even have imagined an opposition team getting the kudos that Collingwood received
after a 7 goal loss to the Tigers even last year?
Then today someone rings up and comments on our draw  :huh
Make up your minds losers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

Then: “Tiges got hardest draw, back to earth for them  :lol
Now: “Tiges draw is too easy!!  :'(

Also something something about home ground advantage and MCG, though 4 of 5 of our MCG games so far have been against co-tenants.

Can’t wait to see what the next excuse will be.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Then: “Tiges got hardest draw, back to earth for them  :lol
Now: “Tiges draw is too easy!!  :'(

Also something something about home ground advantage and MCG, though 4 of 5 of our MCG games so far have been against co-tenants.

Can’t wait to see what the next excuse will be.

Quite possibly that we are too good? ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Thought the article was about injuries and in our case a lack of them. Not sure why people get antsy over a factual piece of journalism.

Lets face it the only players of note that we have lost to injury is
Prestia for 3 games.
Houli for 1
Vlastuin 1
Caddy 1

Suspensions
Broad 3
Caddy 1
Vlastuin 1
Graham 1

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thought the article was about injuries and in our case a lack of them. Not sure why people get antsy over a factual piece of journalism.

Prestia for 3 games.
Houli for 1
Vlastuin 1
Caddy 1

Suspensions
Broad 3
Caddy 1
Vlastuin 1
Graham 1

First you forgot Rioli, secondly people claims include last season too where we had a few other short term ones although nothing major.

People aren’t getting antsy that people are saying we’ve had a good run with injuries but because of the fact people are using at as the primary reason we won the flag essentially taking away credit from our great flag win. Good injury run, soft draw, our top players get off where others would be suspended, got to play all our finals at the mcg, blah blah blah.....

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Prestia for 3 games.
Houli for 1
Vlastuin 1
Caddy 1

Suspensions
Broad 3
Caddy 1
Vlastuin 1
Graham 1
Rioli is our best defensive forward. Why not mention him?

Just about all premiership teams have a good run with injury.

Fact.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
So true Doc

Every year the premiers whoever they are usually have pretty good list injury wise in September
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:22:58 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
So true Doc

Every year the premiers whoever they usually have pretty good lust injury wise in September

Are you a kiwi?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
So true Doc

Every year the premiers whoever they usually have pretty good lust injury wise in September

Are you a kiwi?
When WP has a moment of lust he wants sux!  :lol
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
So true Doc

Are you a kiwi?
When WP has a moment of lust he wants sux!  :lol

Thankfully I have never had a lust injury before.