Author Topic: Ticket to any 5 Tiger games in history  (Read 1219 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Ticket to any 5 Tiger games in history
« on: December 10, 2005, 04:59:14 AM »
You have been given the use of a time machine and free tickets to any five (5) Tiger games. You can choose to go to any five games from our 120 year old history. What games do you choose, and why so?

Here's mine:

1. A game involving Jack Dyer at Punt Road Oval just to see him live in action.

2. 1967 GF. Legendary match and after breaking a long premiership drought the celebrations afterward would have gone off.

3. The monday night game against the Roos in 95. Relive the 6 goals in the opening 10 minutes that announced our arrival that year.

4. The game against Sheeds' up and coming Essendon early in 82 when after a close high scoring 3 quarters we slammed on 10 goals in the last to blow them away.

5. Royce Hart's first game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Ticket to any 5 Tiger games in history
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
1. Bit like you MT on the first - To see Jack Dyer play - Punt Road would be great but I'd settle for any venue

2. Back to say the 1950's and a Richmond -v- Collingwood at Punt Road - why? so I could to a traditional game against a rival (who happens to be my Dad's team) with my Dad and my Mum. I never got to go to the footy with my Dad (he passed away when I was very young).  So we'll call that one a sentimental journey :thumbsup

3. 1967 Grand Final what an amazing feeling it would have been after 24 years

4. 1991 - Mother's day at the MCG -v- Collingwood. Reigning premiers and we belted them

5. Richo's 200th game in 2005 against Port it was special day because it was a milestone game we won for a bloke that truly deserved it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 09:01:53 PM »
4. 1991 - Mother's day at the MCG -v- Collingwood. Reigning premiers and we belted them

Awesome day. Hoggy kicking 10 and my pie supporting mates in total disbelief  :thumbsup. A rare highlight in a miserable period.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:11:32 PM »
And they were the 10 best goals you would want to see.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 07:43:47 PM »
5. Richo's 200th game in 2005 against Port it was special day because it was a milestone game we won for a bloke that truly deserved it
Yes I agree with that one.