Author Topic: Wallace to be on SEN Wednesday morning  (Read 4047 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Wallace to be on SEN Wednesday morning
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »
lets re evaluate the season at rnd 11

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 08:51:20 AM »
Tezza was on SEn this morning for all of 7 minutes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:50:18 AM »
Bully, you can have the board all to yourself, and you can say whatever you flaming well like.
I won't bother again, because I don't believe WP and MT deserve what you are doing here.

Screw you both!

I haven't been on this board that long, and I don't know what's happened in the past, and why people seem to have certain "approaches" or biases, bit it seems, I repeat it seems,that moi is right on the money here.

Enough is enough. I know the argument that everyone has the right to express their opinion is a valid one, but only up to a point. Eventually you have to start thinking about what is good for the site, and for all posters who come here. It seems to me that the time has come to reign in the extreme and relentless negative posting, I'd almost call it a campaign, that is distorting the site and perhaps deterring posters.

I have some simple propostions...how about easing up? How about posting less often? how about relaxing? How about finding something more productive to do?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
next week things will change as i have a gut feeling we will beat the swans

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »
I hope you're right X - playing the Swans always makes me nervous.  Especially as they know have both Jolly and Everitt in the ruck and we have ....  If Simmo was able to play, I'd feel better (obviously!).

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »
On the last few weeks perfromances Everitt appears to be the dud pick of the season. He looks really slow and his kicking boots have gone AWOL. He was thrashed by the Eagles second ruckman in Seaby. Maybe he's underdone but I don't consider him a threat to us at all. In saying that he may bounce back against us but I doubt it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
Tezza was on SEn this morning for all of 7 minutes

I heard a grab from this morning where Plough said he's going to give up writing certain articles (about other clubs and as well as us) from now on. Not worth the trouble.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
Bully, you can have the board all to yourself, and you can say whatever you flaming well like.
I won't bother again, because I don't believe WP and MT deserve what you are doing here.

Screw you both!

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU MOI

STUFF YES ALL!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
I heard a grab from this morning where Plough said he's going to give up writing certain articles (about other clubs and as well as us) from now on. Not worth the trouble.

I took it to mean the presentation he did last week on the Tuesday rather than his articles. He mentioned that a number of journo's who weren't there had written about what he presented - by taking just a "grab" of the entire presentation
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »

I took it to mean the presentation he did last week on the Tuesday rather than his articles. He mentioned that a number of journo's who weren't there had written about what he presented - by taking just a "grab" of the entire presentation

i heard it and understood it the same wau OE did, thank god and i hope he does, apparantly he was asked to right the feature on th edoggies buy the paper, and so called journos who walso know him and new that slagged him off and took cheap shots.

stick to ur word terry and focus solely on coaching

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »

Thanks for clarifying that WP. I'm guessing one of those journos he meant was Caro who focussed on the "us at ninth" bit.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »

Screw you both!

I haven't been on this board that long, and I don't know what's happened in the past, and why people seem to have certain "approaches" or biases, bit it seems, I repeat it seems,that moi is right on the money here.

Enough is enough. I know the argument that everyone has the right to express their opinion is a valid one, but only up to a point. Eventually you have to start thinking about what is good for the site, and for all posters who come here. It seems to me that the time has come to reign in the extreme and relentless negative posting, I'd almost call it a campaign, that is distorting the site and perhaps deterring posters.

I have some simple propostions...how about easing up? How about posting less often? how about relaxing? How about finding something more productive to do?

I couldnt agree more GB....i feel that the majority of us here are reasonably sensible but as with many things in life there is always the minority that perhaps push the boundaries a bit letting emotions dictate their thoughts and actions and go way overboard....following Richmond can do that to you ;)
I think a win or 3 might settle a few down for a little while...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »

Billy Brownless reaffirmed just now on SEN that Plough said he wouldn't be doing any of these media presentations ever again because journos just take grabs out of context.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Herald-Sun article on Wallace and spin
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 04:37:22 AM »
Turn for the worse
06 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Damian Barrett

SPIN. In sport, it is everywhere, and is needed by major bodies and teams to deflect scrutiny where they least want it.

Terry Wallace used to be.

Wallace, the one-time master of footy spin, spun way too hard last week, and then tried to spin his way out of trouble, only to spin right back into it.

It started when the Richmond coach invited certain media to a pre-season briefing in the club's boardroom.

A detailed and precise rundown of his club's list was revealed, along with speculative ladder finishes for upcoming seasons.

"Opportunity will knock in 2009" and a "decade of opportunity" would kick in from 2011, Wallace said.

An accompanying graphic in his powerpoint presentation clearly indicated he thought the Tigers would finish ninth this season.

Wallace's detail was meticulous, his delivery sound. It was, in many ways, impressive. But while such long-term outlooks can be easily sold within the Richmond club, it is a different matter getting Tigers supporters and some in the media to buy it. Especially when this is his third season of a five-year contract.

When public reaction to his forecast turned nasty, Wallace attempted to spin his way out of danger by declaring he would never again invite media to such a briefing.

His problem was not the media. It was him forgetting he could not control the public's reaction.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21512405%255E19742,00.html

Moi

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 08:29:22 AM »
And I still think he meant, based on using his formula, this is where we theoretically should finish.  And the media and other opportunists joyfully jumped to the conclusion he said we'd flatly finish 9th.

Can't imagine why he'd give a Powerpoint presentation just to say we're going to finish 9th  :banghead
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:45:23 AM by Moi »