Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 17188 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
27 years old.

Seen 2 finals series.

Only ever seen 2 final wins, Vs Essendon in 95 and Carlton in 01.

What a joke.
So you are the jinx Popelord.  ;)

Haha this is what the old man always says.
Go Tigers!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 08:47:06 PM »
........the acceptance of mediocrity and failure which now appears to be deeply ingrained in our club culture.  

But the players and coaches haven't been around long enough to be part of your so called club culture.

I'm glad you don't have any part in the manufacture of jet engines RR.

It's a spirit that infuses a club. One day you have it, and another day you don't. Once we had it in spades, but now it's gone. And the longer you're down, the more failure becomes ingrained. Ask St. Kilda if you don't believe me. By the way, how did you know that I manufacture jet engines for a living?  ;D

Online crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
I got so frustrated yesterday yelled the F word so loud the whole second level premium seating members would have heard me. I was so disappointed in myself and truly embarassed that I was expecting to be chucked out. The MCG officials must have felt sorry for me lol. It was just so horrible to watch such a gutless effort.

What troubles me the most is the fact that during the week the club was saying that there would be no free games for players after last week. There plenty of players in the side yesterday who were getting free games meanwhile Tuck stays at Coburg for no logical reason.

Hardwicks team of favorites failed horribly yesterday!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
I honestly believe our problems run far deeper than the lack of a few key playing personnel. What will be harder for any well-meaning administration and coach to eradicate, is the acceptance of mediocrity and failure which now appears to be deeply ingrained in our club culture.  
[/quote]

Thats it right there

The thing is, watching on from the crowd yesterday the players looked as though they had just recieved news they didnt like, and they reacted with a "who cares"attitude...
pfft I dunno just bloody lazy
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
What pees me off is all the hard work and credibility we earned in the first half of the year has all been erased.
I can handle the team losing but not when they don't have a crack.

BINGO Tucker  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

It's a spirit that infuses a club.
And is perpetualised in the way we post on this forum.

We stop the bad spirit by TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD SPIRIT....not the negative, whinging crap that is regularly posted on all forums.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
But the players and coaches haven't been around long enough to be part of your so called club culture.

That maybe the case but the facts are yesterday it was like a re-make a 2nd rate horror movie. The stars & director have different names to the orginal but the final product is just the same.

The other problem is we have been told by the current crop of players that they want to create their culture and era of success and then we get served up what was on show yesterday, which is what we've seen time and time again just makes you question what's really changed, what's differnet this time round? It's bloody hard to have any faith in what they say after that.  

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »
It's bloody hard to have any faith in what they say after that.  
Yes William. Let's hope they shut up for a while and let game day performance do the talking.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
It's bloody hard to have any faith in what they say after that.  
Yes William. Let's hope they shut up for a while and let game day performance do the talking.

that's all I want Ekto as I said at the beginning it's all about actions now, words mean very little actually they mean nothing.

Saturday night against the Bombers it is all about actions, result is irrelevant, it's the effort and actions that matter to me

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »
I couldnt give a stuff if we win, lose or draw.

It's my club, my team and I love it no matter what.

If one of my kids stuff up then I still love them, if my footy club stuffs up then I do the same.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »
I couldnt give a eff if we win, lose or draw.

It's my club, my team and I love it no matter what.

If one of my kids eff up then I still love them, if my footy club effs up then I do the same.

TBR, this is not about not loving the club anymore, this is about the club taking responsilibity for what've they done and earning the respect back that they clearly lost from a lot of us yesterday.

I will always love the club with a passion and I will always be a member of it.

But right at this moment this club needs to give me a reason to continue spending over $4k a year on memberships rather than me just buying a standard one.... the extra money I was planning to give the FTF later in the year - well they wont be getting it and I make no apologies for that. It's about respect now.

Abandon them? No. Stick with them going forward? Absolutely I will but right at this moment with how I am feeling this time my comittment to them will be on my terms....

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »
With all due respect WP and I mean that as I think you are a good bloke, I think changing your mind on your level of support based on a performance is a bit of a cop out.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »
TBR this is how WP thinks and to be frank I think.
Just like my kids I love them but if I am thinking of rewarding my kids lets say with a computer game that they have been hankering me for but their report card is less than complimentary then I won't get them their computer game. I would be correct in doing that.
Same rules apply with RFC. If I wanted to donate more or go to games or buy merchandise from the club after an effort like that I don't have to. After what yesterday was billed FTF 19th man and Benny wanted us to break the Rich v Carl H&A attendance I see it as the exams my kids didn't study for and treat with the respect it deserved  and therefore it left a sour taste in my mouth and left me upset and disappointed over a complete lack of respect and effort to those who spent their effort time and money to hopefully see them succeed.

RFC naughty naughty naughty children.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »
With all due respect WP and I mean that as I think you are a good bloke, I think changing your mind on your level of support based on a performance is a bit of a cop out.

fair enough TBR - but as I said at the beginning yesterday driving home I thought about how much it has cost me. As a result I worked out how much I've given this club since October last year and it is a staggering amount of money. And by staggering I mean I was genuinely shocked by how much it is and I have never, ever been concerned or thought about it before. I have been more than happy to spend it without (obviously) a 2nd thought

But yesterday after watching "that" something inside me said "nope, this isn't right". I (we) deserve better. And right at this moment I reckon I am right in demanding better.

We all deserve better... they can't keep coming to us the members/supporters expecting us to "save" them with donations to things like the FTF when they show such a blatant disregard to the Club itself and more importantly to us the people who love this club. Players come and go but the supporters remain.

It is how I feel now. In 6 weeks when the dust has settled I will probably feel differently but right now the Richmond Football Club has given me the greatest kick in the guts I've ever got from it and simply feel they owe me something more than an apology

You disrespect something or someone then you have to earn that respect back - that is what the Club needs to and must do now  

10 FLAGS

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »
TBR this is how WP thinks and to be frank I think.
Just like my kids I love them but if I am thinking of rewarding my kids lets say with a computer game that they have been hankering me for but their report card is less than complimentary then I won't get them their computer game. I would be correct in doing that.
Same rules apply with RFC. If I wanted to donate more or go to games or buy merchandise from the club after an effort like that I don't have to. After what yesterday was billed FTF 19th man and Benny wanted us to break the Rich v Carl H&A attendance I see it as the exams my kids didn't study for and treat with the respect it deserved  and therefore it left a sour taste in my mouth and left me upset and disappointed over a complete lack of respect and effort to those who spent their effort time and money to hopefully see them succeed.

RFC naughty naughty naughty children.

youve been doing some of your better work lately Tucker, well done and keep up the good work  :cheers