Author Topic: 8 Tigers to be delisted  (Read 18156 times)

gerkin greg

Re: 8 Tigers to be delisted
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »
Gilligan should definitely go before Contin. Contin has only had 1 season and Gilligan went AWOL for half the season.

Yeah that was my initial thoughts too but I don't think it'll be that clear cut. Has Contin been good enough to get another year? What position do the club see him playing in the senior side? I dunno. Not all rookies get two years. We've put 3 years into Gilly and either side of his AWOL stint he was apparently playing some good football and got close. Do the club think he can get there next year, do they think Contin can get there next year? They may both go.

gerkin greg

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2010, 06:10:33 PM »
I dunno.

Should have read the RFC player report card.

Ramps

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »
Rumours that McGuane could be moving on

jackstar is back again

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
Rance aint going anywhere. His last month has been pretty solid. Just starting to find his feet

Been terrible, been in and out of the team thats finished 15th,
Wouldnt get a game at another club. Runs around like a headless chook accordingly to Jon Ralph in todays herald sun, and I agree

tony_montana

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
Rumours that McGuane could be moving on

i really hope so.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »
He would be traded for the right deal.
True , almost anyone would be traded for the right deal. Still , reckon Thursfield and McGuane would go before Rance.
 Probably doesn't mean poo but Hardwick was at Hawthorn when they had a crack at getting Rance from Richmond. Somebody there rated him. Give him a bit more time , he's still very young.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2010, 07:07:51 AM »
I thought McGuane would be at risk. He has had a poor year. Don't believe Will should be delisted. He is the best spolier in the team. If Nahas is not contracted he must be at risk.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »
Will Torsvald delisted??  No stuffing way man.  On Nahas, how old is he?  If he cant beef up a bit to make a tackle stick and get accurate around the sticks, he is in trouble.  Kingy turned his rotten kicking around.  Nahas does have a bit of toe and can get the pill but is still getting pushed around / can't tie up a tackle.  Can't afford a player that is swept aside like that in a one on one.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
Interesting what was said yesterday on the AFL site regarding each player and who they feel is likely to be delisted -

They said players that were a given to be delisted or traded would be -

McMahon
Polo
Thompson

Hislop was the interesting one - they said that he may be delisted after an injury interrupted season but many aroubd the club love his reckless attack on the ball  :-\

Nahas was also suggested as a possible delisting along with Gilligan.

Roberts, Polak, Simmonds and Cousins are obviously all givens.

The interesting scenerio here for mine is the backline - we seem to have an embarrassment of riches with defensive. Tall defenders including  Thursfield, McGuane, Moore and Rance could all be traded for picks given the improvement of other young talls namely Astbury, Gourdis, Grimes and even Post.

Stripes

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »
mcgaune has to go

Ramps

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »
Interesting what was said yesterday on the AFL site regarding each player and who they feel is likely to be delisted -

They said players that were a given to be delisted or traded would be -

McMahon
Polo
Thompson

Hislop was the interesting one - they said that he may be delisted after an injury interrupted season but many aroubd the club love his reckless attack on the ball  :-\

Nahas was also suggested as a possible delisting along with Gilligan.

Roberts, Polak, Simmonds and Cousins are obviously all givens.

The interesting scenerio here for mine is the backline - we seem to have an embarrassment of riches with defensive. Tall defenders including  Thursfield, McGuane, Moore and Rance could all be traded for picks given the improvement of other young talls namely Astbury, Gourdis, Grimes and even Post.

Stripes

seriously Stripes- where have you seen any improvement in Post lol?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:35 PM »
In the last game if season clunking marks in goal square

Ramps

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
In the last game if season clunking marks in goal square

hes gonna need more than that unfortunately, lets hope he does improve in 2011.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »
Ramps we have to remember that Post is a KPP. They develop slowly and he's only 20. I rate him higher than a Neagle. I think he'll be a mould of a Tom Hawkins. I like him as a Forward / swing ruckman.

He's also a year and a bit younger than Jack. Some very embarrassed forum members, suggested Jack would never be capable of anything lol..

Go Tigers!

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
good perspective benedictus