Author Topic: NAB 3 - Tiger squad -v- Port Adelaide  (Read 4143 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: NAB 3 - Tiger squad -v- Port Adelaide
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »
Come on  Georgey boy, book your spot for round 1.
Are you serious BT? Haven't seen anything that excites about this kid at all. That said I haven't seen a lot of vfl games either. What do you know?
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
With Marcon back this week I now have a feeling his at the top of the list for rookie promotion

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
Are you serious BT? Haven't seen anything that excites about this kid at all. That said I haven't seen a lot of vfl games either. What do you know?
He was playing some pretty exciting attacking footy late last year in the twos before he got injured. I thought he must have been close to getting a senior game but nothing was really said until  Choco in his update on him the other day said basically that.
Most kids take 3 or 4 years on a list to play the style of footy this kids does. He takes the game on and he is not afraid of getting caught trying something. It takes big balls for a kid straight out of TAC to do this. He has some work to do obviously but IMO he is one of the most exciting kids on our list.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »
With Marcon back this week I now have a feeling his at the top of the list for rookie promotion

Yeah and he fits the Hardwick mould. I just hope Hardwick doesn't get hell bent on this mould or we find a Dimond like with Miles. The Hardwick mould IMO is Morris, Marcon, Miles, Batchelor, Lambert, Moore, Townsend, Hunt, Broad, Drummond, Butler......

Mmmm, a lot of the same IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
No Chappy  :snidegrin

resting him for r1

Most probably

hardwicki sitting home in his rocking chair, hands together thinking "my plan is brilliant"

Ha ha, let's hope he isn't rocking back and forth in a month sucking his thumb saying "my plan is doomed"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 10:22:30 PM »
Quote from: WA Tiger link=topic=23670.msg536320#msg536320
Yeah and he fits the Hardwick mould. I just hope Hardwick doesn't get hell bent on this mould or we find a Dimond like with Miles. The Hardwick mould IMO is Morris, Marcon, Miles, Batchelor, Lambert, Moore, Townsend, Hunt, Broad, Drummond, Butler......

Harsh on Butler WAT, he hasnt played a game yet, spent most of last year dealing with a knee injury

Will be a very good player

Actually surprised he didn't play NAB 2

Morw upside lomg term than Lambert

Ditto Broad &especialpy Drummond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 10:33:42 PM »
Dan Butler was very good at training on Sunday. Looked very sharp and quick. Will be a very very good player when he gets a reasonable go at it.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »
Butler's a far more talented footballer than Lambert from what I've seen - and a hell of a lot quicker too, definitely not in "the Hardwick Mould" - good tackler too. Broad's a different kind of player - Batchelor's the bloke he should be replacing.

If they decide to go the same route as last year Marcon will get the nod. Pretty much a Lambert clone.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »
He was playing some pretty exciting attacking footy late last year in the twos before he got injured. I thought he must have been close to getting a senior game but nothing was really said until  Choco in his update on him the other day said basically that.
Most kids take 3 or 4 years on a list to play the style of footy this kids does. He takes the game on and he is not afraid of getting caught trying something. It takes big balls for a kid straight out of TAC to do this. He has some work to do obviously but IMO he is one of the most exciting kids on our list.

At this stage he is probably a slightly better Steve Morris. Not QUITE as good defensively but has way more attacking flair. Too bad he has the kicking skills/decision making of Steve Morris

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »

At this stage he is probably a slightly better Steve Morris. Not QUITE as good defensively but has way more attacking flair. Too bad he has the kicking skills/decision making of Steve Morris
Granted his kicking needs work but it's not as bad as some make out. And his decision making will improve just like every other kid that walks through the doors that gets full time training.
So do you think he will be any good? Yes or no? It's pretty easy to sit back and says "this or this" about a player, but from what you have seen of him, what do you think?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
He's decision making's not that bad, it his execution that's the problem.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
Quote from: WA Tiger link=topic=23670.msg536320#msg536320

Harsh on Butler WAT, he hasnt played a game yet, spent most of last year dealing with a knee injury

Will be a very good player

Actually surprised he didn't play NAB 2

Morw upside lomg term than Lambert

Ditto Broad &especialpy Drummond

Not having a go WP, just looking at so many players in the "Hardwick mould".

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
Dirty plodders?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »
Batchelor not playing....hasn't really been sighted or done anything so far. Can't see him in the side at all round one, him and Morris.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »
Batchelor not playing....hasn't really been sighted or done anything so far. Can't see him in the side at all round one, him and Morris.

He's done a lot of being terrible
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus