Author Topic: Newsflash: The TANK is Over  (Read 4138 times)

Ramps

Newsflash: The TANK is Over
« on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »
In circumstances like this I usually say that its a cheap win, that will cost us for years because we could have picked up the extra star player of the future via the draft. In many ways, todays performance rankles me because in many ways it was very cheap, with some pretty bad signs.

- lack of defensive pressure in midfield and defence
- no strategy with our kick ins and definately no strategy with opposition kick ins
- when matthew richardson leaves we are stuffed.
- to many passengers in the side, leaving it to just afew

On the other hand, todays performace was also good because, it showed that

- Brett Deledio can become the superstar we all hope for, tonight he was sensational, decisive running of the lines, creative brilliant stuff, and a long way from what we had the last few weeks which were in my opinion not good, id rather he have 25 possessions like tonight rather than the 35 of the past.

- Jarrad Oakley Nicholls is improving, he needs space and can deliver the footy ok now. His decision making is the only thing left that is questionable

- Richard Tambling, tonight added another feather to his bow, Tambling doesnt stay involved enough during games, tonight via accident or design, he played a fair amount in the back half and went on fantastic runs, now when he is having a bad patch, we can put him somewhere and he can contribute

- Jack Riewoldt - is coming along really nicely.

Those were just some of things that impressed me tonight. Tonight we lost a draft pick that I think we definately needed down the track, nevertheless, if Deledio and Tambling and the others can continue to run and show what they showed tonight in other games then tonight may not have just been another cheap win that costs us our future.

PS- When Richo retires we are terrible strife another sensational game either 2 votes or 3 votes depending on how the umps saw deledios game.

jackstar

Re: Newsflash: The TANK is Over
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »
Thank god for Matty Richardson.
Great game by Lids as well.
Overall terrible game of footy

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
Well, that was a frustrating game in so many ways.

The first quarter was terrible, thanks to Richo we went in on only 9 points down. = Frustrating

The second quarter started badly, but then we delivered a withering burst of football that I haven't seen from us for a long time. Then we missed some sitters and instead of a 10, 11 or 12 goal quarter it was 8.6. = Frustrating

Like the Essendon game, I was hoping we'd now go out and bury them, but like the Tigers of old, we stopped and let the Dee's back in. = Frustrating

The 4th quarter I was expecting us to be run over, but Polak, Tambling and the ever reliable Richo stood up and carried us over the line.

We play too many poor sides to have successfully tanked this year. West Coast, Freo, Melbourne and Essendon can all tank and their coach is safe. Terry would have got the flick.

Bowden is of no use to us anymore, JON looked ok and I'd like to see him played for the rest of the year. That game would have done wonders for his confidence.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
For me personally a bittersweet win. Don't take this the wrong way but I.............
Loved the fact that we won and obviously wanted to lose to tank for the draft picks.
Yet despite all that I thought Lids was fantastic today and so was Richo and Tambling'sast quarter was his best quarter of footy since his 4 goal haul against the Eagles. Positives and negatives from tonight so let's roll with the punches and move on.

Moi

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
They're a young team, they'll have up and down performances.
Today we saw the best and worst of them, but the best was awesome to watch.
The good thing is we didn't get overrun when they got within 8 points like in previous games this year.
Those bitter with the performance, did you think Melbourne wouldn't show some heart as well?
Not happy and not unhappy either.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
that was shyte.

jackstar

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
that was shyte.

Agree brackets.
Thank you Richo.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:48 PM »
Well...now its pointless to tank, can we all get behind the team we love and support and wish they improve rather than try to manipulate a dodgy system? :pray
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

bushranger

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »
Yahoo is all I can say.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »
dont enjoy chinese water torture, unfortunately that is what is dished up with us.

oh did enjoy the 2nd quarter, but other than that is was very messy.

Moi

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »
That Nefatiti or whatever his name is would look poo in a Richmond jumper anyway.
Rich is cuter  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
That Nefatiti or whatever his name is would look pooh in a Richmond jumper anyway.
Rich is cuter  :thumbsup

even if given the chance we probably wouldnt pick any of these guys.

we would prob go for 55kilo dud.

you know whats scary?? LIFE WITHOUT RICHO.

AND TO ALL U stuff.KHEADS THAT BAG HIM,  GO GET FCU.KED..........
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 08:53:01 PM »
Only listened to it on the radio but from the number of basic errors it sounded like Melbourne are as bad as anyone in recent memory.

Still a win can't hurt and its positive to hear Cotchin involved in everything again.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
As long as they persist with the kids that is the main thing.

Cothchin will be a gun

Lids played his best game tonight, when i was critical the other week it was because he wasnt using his asset in his pace. When he gets the ball, players should be blocking and trying to create a path straight up the middle for him. He is so exciting when he runs and carry's. He is also a great kick running at full speed.

Jack showed good signs again tonight.

Sure the second half was terrible to watch tonight but atleast we won after really being challenged again. That alone will be good for the young kids and build on their belief.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 09:01:34 PM »
Yahoo is all I can say.
Ditto! geez that was hard!