Author Topic: Richmond Lager  (Read 5276 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond Lager
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »
Well let's hope CUB do something with it then, rather than registering the name so fine establishments such as our CLUB can't use the name or product...

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

I'm an Abbott's Lager fan myself.

Time they brought that back as well.

:cheers
[/

Was my preferred at 18 years of age.  Went to VB soon after though and haven't moved since.

I moved from VB to Carlton Draught once they changed the VB recipe and lowered the alcohol content. Just not the same beer. Don't mind a Melbourne Bitter either. :thumbsup

Eww Carlton Draught is feral..

Worst aftertaste ever.. its so bitter. Even more bitter than VB
Well everything is compared to lemonade :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »
I think they have to brew a batch every year to keep it? Think it may also be just Carlton draught?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »
CUB has registered 'Richmond Lager' as a trademark.

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1484712&p_search_no=2&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=6&p_rec_all=7

How'd you find that?
The link is to the intellectual property of Australia website. Using ATMOSS (Australian Trade Mark On-line Search System) and logging on as a guest, you can search any trademark in Australia including those about to be approved before they become public knowledge. It's a way of finding out if anyone is bringing out a new logo or name or retaining an old one. I was checking to see if anything new would pop up under a search of 'Richmond' (ie. something relating to a new clash jumper) and I spotted the 'Richmond Lager' trademark had been registered by CUB just recently.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
trade mark trolling bastards
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
CUB has registered 'Richmond Lager' as a trademark.

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1484712&p_search_no=2&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=6&p_rec_all=7

How'd you find that?
The link is to the intellectual property of Australia website. Using ATMOSS (Australian Trade Mark On-line Search System) and logging on as a guest, you can search any trademark in Australia including those about to be approved before they become public knowledge. It's a way of finding out if anyone is bringing out a new logo or name or retaining an old one. I was checking to see if anything new would pop up under a search of 'Richmond' (ie. something relating to a new clash jumper) and I spotted the 'Richmond Lager' trademark had been registered by CUB just recently.

Maybe it will be permanently re released?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
This was on tap at the London yesterday. It was so popular that they bloody ran out of it just as I was about to order a jug. Was a sign of things to come I guess.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Richmond lager.

Appearance was cloudy and golden with a coppery-orange hue; moderate, bone-colored head retention.

Aroma is very hop-forward but in a gentle well crafted manner. There is no obnoxious bright green hop attack, rather, a soft blanket of perfectly picked hop bouquet. There are wonderful notes of fully bloomed flowers and RIPE stone fruit with the citrus quality of the hops rounding out the nose.

Taste is pleasantly sweet caramel on the attack followed by, as they say, "wave after wave of hoppy goodness on your palate." The balance of bittering hops, aromatic hops and malt notes is the best I have ever enjoyed.

As soon as you swallow it's then you realise how poo this beer really is, as its sits heavy on your stomach, enough to make you sick for days.
If you like the look of this beer you'd want to drink it fast as after 2 sips it starts it lose its head and gets flat pretty quick after that.

Note: don't be fooled by this beers great looks and intoxicating aromas.
It will let you down every time your game enough to taste it.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
 :clapping
Like what you did there

Glad to see your still alive too, revenge against the scum just wouldnt be the same without you  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:54 AM »
CUB has registered the following label for Richmond Lager export quality. It's mostly blue and white but it still has a tiger head as part of it.

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1582823&p_search_no=2&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=10&p_rec_all=10

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
CUB has registered the following label for Richmond Lager export quality. It's mostly blue and white but it still has a tiger head as part of it.

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1582823&p_search_no=2&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=10&p_rec_all=10

That's what they were serving at the London on elim final day. They definitely have it on tap in and around the Richmond area. I don't think they sell it in bottles though in shops

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »

Tastes like a Chang beer when i had some at The London.
Great with noodles.