Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272838 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #645 on: July 08, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »

Agree 100% with this MT. But the club and the board are still prone to crumbling under pressure. Only need to look at how the recruiting process went out the window when Sheedy publically called for Cousins to be recruited. March & Cameron just didnt have the stomach to win that fight.

And go over to BF and see how many normally reasonable posters went in to bat for Sheedy to coach last week. Its hysterical how we never learn at this footy club.

Umm, no. March and Cameron didn't cave in they were deceived by the AFL who had promised what they couldn't deliver.

Whatever the AFL did or didnt do, the club gave in to to public pressure. Unlike every other AFL club mind you. Sheedy was the only club "official" to be publically for the recruitment of Cousins. A lot of sway for a membership ambassador.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #646 on: July 08, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »

Agree 100% with this MT. But the club and the board are still prone to crumbling under pressure. Only need to look at how the recruiting process went out the window when Sheedy publically called for Cousins to be recruited. March & Cameron just didnt have the stomach to win that fight.

And go over to BF and see how many normally reasonable posters went in to bat for Sheedy to coach last week. Its hysterical how we never learn at this footy club.

Umm, no. March and Cameron didn't cave in they were deceived by the AFL who had promised what they couldn't deliver.

Whatever the AFL did or didnt do, the club gave in to to public pressure. Unlike every other AFL club mind you. Sheedy was the only club "official" to be publically for the recruitment of Cousins. A lot of sway for a membership ambassador.
From what I believe the Club knew they were going to pick up Cuz at least a week or so before the PSD. I know one assistant coach gave a friend of mine who watches training a hint and a wink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #647 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »
any of you punters jump on Edwards after it was mentioned on Footy Classified he is their smokey for the Brownlow.

I was online and put some cash straight away and got 1000/1 for an each way bet

a minute later went on again to put another bet on and his price dropped to 250/1

he is now 17/1 after it was reported on the HUN yesterday.

COME ON TYSON!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #648 on: July 08, 2009, 09:34:42 PM »
any of you punters jump on Edwards after it was mentioned on Footy Classified he is their smokey for the Brownlow.

a minute later went on again to put another bet on and his price dropped to 250/1

COME ON TYSON!!

My God daniel you scared the hell out of me for a minute there, I thought you had completely lost your marbles once and for all and was talking about our Edwards.... :rollin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #649 on: July 08, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »

COME ON TYSON!!

My God daniel you scared the hell out of me for a minute there, I thought you had completely lost your marbles once and for all and was talking about our Edwards.... :rollin

And holy crap I thought you were talking about Mike Tyson!!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #650 on: July 08, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

COME ON TYSON!!

Lol so you're one of the lemmings who have made his odds so short after the expert opinion of Hutchy and Gaddy gave us the "tip".   :lol

Have you actually watched any Adelaide games this year?  Scott Thompson and Chris Knights have performed far better, but yeah lets listen to Gaddy Lyon.   :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #651 on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »

COME ON TYSON!!

Lol so you're one of the lemmings who have made his odds so short after the expert opinion of Hutchy and Gaddy gave us the "tip".   :lol

Have you actually watched any Adelaide games this year?  Scott Thompson and Chris Knights have performed far better, but yeah lets listen to Gaddy Lyon.   :clapping

As much as id like to say i have millions to throw away on games

$10 each way is hardly going to shorten the odds now is it dumb arse

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #652 on: July 08, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

COME ON TYSON!!

:thumbsup good one

now then i will need to see a shrink

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #653 on: July 08, 2009, 10:52:47 PM »

COME ON TYSON!!

As much as id like to say i have millions to throw away on games

$10 each way is hardly going to shorten the odds now is it dumb behind

Regardless plenty of $5-20 bets make the odds crunch hard when a player is at long odds and you were one of them.  Best of luck to you but I'll make my own opinion up on who are good roughies rather than relying on a TV show.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:23 PM »
Bump.

Caro and Lyon will talk about Richmond and Sheeds tonight.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »
Great and again any reports would be appreciated... cheers. By the way who likes my new avatar???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #656 on: July 13, 2009, 10:17:55 PM »
Great and again any reports would be appreciated... cheers. By the way who likes my new avatar???

Fantastic WAT  :thumbsup

Your profile message should now read go Tigers in 2009/10 and onwards.
2007 is so Terry Wallace.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #657 on: July 13, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »

Fantastic WAT  :thumbsup

Your profile message should now read go Tigers in 2009/10 and onwards.
2007 is so Terry Wallace.

Thanks TB, yeah I did change that to 2010 it musn't have worked I will do it again.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #658 on: July 13, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread but I hope this works..

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #659 on: July 13, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
Summary - 13/7/09

They replayed Lloyd saying tonight that Sheeds lost the older players in the last 4-5 years. Tactically they struggled.

Caro said that's no surprise as Essendon let him go. She said legendary coaches are given more leeway at clubs and a few more years than they should.

Thomas said not to confuse his time at Essendon with going for a new job. He still thinks Sheeds is capable. Hutchy said he disagrees with Caro.

Caro said she disagreed with that strongly. She said Sheeds had must have known deep down he wasbn't wanted as coach. She called him selfish for putting his hand up. He has 3 previous lucrative offers to come to Richmond and rejected them.

Thomas said Matthews left Collingwood and won 3 flags at Brisbane. Caro said what about at the end of his time at Brisbane.

Caro said sheeds gave Lloyd and Essendon a whack on the way out in his book and he's now given Richmond a whack.

Lyon said Sheeds' comments about him and Melbourne is a straight out lie. It's sad that he fabricated a story for such a legend. Lyon still thinks he can coach.

Caro feels for March. He's made some mistakes but he's tried to get the club back on track and follow a process.

The stuff on a certain radio station this week (KB and Patrick Smith on SEN) was a soap opera. Something dreamt up in their minds believing it was true when it wasn't.

Thomas said Sheeds is playing all of you on the break.

Lyon said that's fine but if your integrity is questioned by him stating things as facts then that's wrong. Thomas said it was just and opinion piece.

Caro then said that civil war at Richmond talk .... oh please!

On Bucks - Hutchy believes he won't be assistant coach at Collingwood. He's either be a senior coach or assistant coach at another club. Caro believes Mick and Bucks are too head strong to work together.

Hutchy doesn't believe Collingwood know what they are doing with Malthouse. Caro feels Eddie has backed Mick at the start of the season and is following a process more than previously.

On tanking - Caro believes Melbourne should win games on end. They have the young talent and don't need to chase the No.1 pick. Lyon, Hutchy and Thomas disagreed. Lyon said the heart says win but the head says otherwise. No one remembers Melbourne's win over Carlton in 2007 but it potentially cost the Demons Kreuzer, Watts and Naitanui or Rich. Hutchy says the only business decision for Melbourne is to not win more than 4 games.