Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272833 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1095 on: April 19, 2011, 07:51:56 AM »
Glad I still don't agree with that twit Hutchy.
The forward line functioned far better as a unit with Miller there, sure he's not the answer long term, if Post comes in for him this week I'll be happy to, as long as we aren't just bombing it in to Jack I don't care.

here is a first, Infamy agreeing with my thoughts on Brad Miller.
Read earlier posts, he demands respect does Brad and draws a good player eg Maxwell last friday

I've marked it in my diary

And BTW I agree - we certianly looked a lot better with Miller knowing to lead in the opposite direction to Jack. Something I might add Vickery is still very much learning  :thumbsup

couldnt agree more, im surprised more hasnt been made of it on these boards. if we can maintain plenty of supply in the coming weeks there will be a heap of goal scoring chances between miller and JR. Miller need only hold up and end until griff or Post are belting the door down, meanwhile assisting Jack no end
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1096 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »

Hutchy is a gossip columnist that knows nothing about football.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1097 on: April 19, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
I don't get this Miller love fest 28 YO averages less than a goal a game, sorry no different than a Kent Kingsley for mine.
As for this rubbish about demanding a key back lolfamo and what's this supposed key backman gunna do if Miller is not in the team, play with his doddle.
Let one of the kids take a key backman and learn the game. We have the facilities to sit down and watch plays, cant be that hard to learn.
Thinking the main problem atm apart from Giff and the learninf process' going on is Mitch Morton is a BIG dissapointment this year, was really expecting hime to stand up. Hope he pulls his head in and realises what he needs to do for the team.
With all that said, disappointingly I think Miller will stay in. You guys watch! Yes he may provide a contest at times but rarely if often wins the contest, we need crumbers front and centre when he is in this position and preferrably not to far outside the 50.
Not the future and stop gap for not much longer hopefully.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1098 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:48 AM »
The forward line functioned far better as a unit with Miller there, sure he's not the answer long term, if Post comes in for him this week I'll be happy to, as long as we aren't just bombing it in to Jack I don't care.

Miller could almost play all year. Regardless if he kicks 5 goals or 20 goals.

Jack and the team need to learn and play with a proper forward line structure. Griffiths will hopefully take over Miller's spot full time next year. Vickery will play the same role pinch hitting in the ruck and rotating forward.

Even though Miller isn't our future atleast he enables our future structure instead of a heavy reliance on Jack. If we learn to play with 2 KP options + Vickery it will be easier to transition when our future (Griffiths) come sinto the team.

I'm all for Miller playing.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1099 on: April 19, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
I don't get this Miller love fest 28 YO averages less than a goal a game, sorry no different than a Kent Kingsley for mine.
As for this rubbish about demanding a key back lolfamo and what's this supposed key backman gunna do if Miller is not in the team, play with his doddle.
Let one of the kids take a key backman and learn the game. We have the facilities to sit down and watch plays, cant be that hard to learn.
Thinking the main problem atm apart from Giff and the learninf process' going on is Mitch Morton is a BIG dissapointment this year, was really expecting hime to stand up. Hope he pulls his head in and realises what he needs to do for the team.
With all that said, disappointingly I think Miller will stay in. You guys watch! Yes he may provide a contest at times but rarely if often wins the contest, we need crumbers front and centre when he is in this position and preferrably not to far outside the 50.
Not the future and stop gap for not much longer hopefully.
It's about structure, look at how well it functioned with Griffiths in the side last year even though he didn't get much of the ball. I don't care who it is, if it's Post, Griffiths, Vickery or Miller, if they are running the right patterns, taking attention away from Jack and also have the midfield use them when they are in space then that IS the best thing for our side long term. If Miller is the only one doing it then he can keep his spot until the kids learn how to with Coburg.

Con65

« Reply #1100 on: April 19, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
I dont have a problem with Miller per se.  He lead well and they hit him up a couple of times.  If he kicked straight he would have bagged 3 goals.

Problem for Miller is he doesnt turn quick enough and when the ball is on the ground - if he doesnt mark it - his ground work is not as strong.

As someone else said, he needs crumbers.

I agree he led away from Jack which is the only thing to do.  Keep out of Jack's space and take your defender away from jack who is one of the best one on one. 

I would be surprised Miller will be getting games when Big Griff gets back....But at the moment he is serviceable and not really keeping a kid out of the team.  If the kids are ready to play, they will get a game ahead of him.  Post has only had one good game at Coburg - so you wouldnt imagine he will replace Miller this week.  If Post plays another blinder then maybe.

Our problem isnt Miller...it is finding that elusive crumbing fwd who puts enourmous defensive pressure ala rioli....where is that guy?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1101 on: April 19, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
We have not had a decent long term crumber since Naish.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1102 on: April 19, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
We got beaten by 70 points. If we're bringing in blokes, surely the kid that got best on for the 2nds is worth a look?

Con65

« Reply #1103 on: April 19, 2011, 01:27:21 PM »
Miller didn't cost us 70 points.

The kid that got BOG did that after we played the skunks...as i said in my earlier post...if Post plays well again this week then promote him.

Kids shouldnt be getting a game just because they are kids...they still need to deserve it.

From all reports Posts intensity was up on the weekend...good for him...do it again to get a game in the seniors son.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:54:13 PM by Con65 »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1104 on: April 19, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »
I can understand Post needing to get his intensity up for more than a few weeks to warrant selection.

Wasn't happy about the Miller selection pre season but

a) happy he was finally selected. Thought he possibly should have been selected from Round 1 thus justifying the selection of him.

b) Am confident of this. The comparisons between Miller and Kingsley are hysteria. Kingsley was seen as someone who would kick goals and a long term fix for the club whilst we were in topping up up mode under a regime who were desperate to remain competitive to keep their credibility in tact.

Miller on the other hand and I am sure Hardwick would know this , is merely a bigger body with some experience who will use his weight experience and smarts to assist the forward line temporarily until Griff Post or Vickery show enough to make that position their own for the long term fix.

c) Without getting personal Hutchy has very little clue on footy.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1105 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »

Miller did cost us 70 points.

The kid that got BOG did that after we played the skunks...as i said in my earlier post...if Post plays well again this week then promote him.

Kids shouldnt be getting a game just because they are kids...they still need to deserve it.

From all reports Posts intensity was up on the weekend...good for him...do it again to get a game in the seniors son.

What the stuff are you on about guy? Who do we bring in then? Some hacker just because Post hasn't been best on two weeks in a row? He was our best player for CBurg, he will surely be considered (not because hes a kid but cuz he was stuffing good the other day)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1106 on: April 19, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
I would be surprised Miller will be getting games when Big Griff gets back....But at the moment he is serviceable and not really keeping a kid out of the team.  If the kids are ready to play, they will get a game ahead of him.  Post has only had one good game at Coburg - so you wouldnt imagine he will replace Miller this week.  If Post plays another blinder then maybe.
I don't see Miller holding Griffiths back from getting a game, he may even get pushed aside by Post if he can keep up his form at Coburg
The match committee have had no hesitation in playing kids over older players so far so not sure why Miller would be any different

Con65

« Reply #1107 on: April 19, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »

What the eff are you on about guy? Who do we bring in then? Some hacker just because Post hasn't been best on two weeks in a row? He was our best player for CBurg, he will surely be considered (not because hes a kid but cuz he was effing good the other day)

[/quote]

Mate, it is not just me that says make Post earn his spot...read some of the other posts in similar threads...some people on here are saying he needs to put in 3 weeks like last weekends effort to get a gig.

All I am saying is have Post put in again this week at the burgers...then promote him...I dont care if he is bog or not...as long as his intensity is up...and he is presenting himself as wanting to be in the contest...thats all.

This year similar to last is a development year...Miller is not keeping a kid out...when the kids are ready...Miller will make way...if Miller had of kicked 3 goals no one would be saying anything...he didnt so people are on his back...

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1108 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
But he didn't kick 3 goals and what did he do in the ressies to gain promotion.
Averages less than a goal for his career.

Con65

« Reply #1109 on: April 19, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
But he didn't kick 3 goals and what did he do in the ressies to gain promotion.
Averages less than a goal for his career.

I think he kicked 3 goals for coburg against sandi to gain promotion :)