Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272361 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1260 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:48 AM »
Give him a job Brendon

At the Indigenous Centre!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1261 on: March 20, 2012, 10:03:40 AM »
I know he has come on to help clear his name but the way he is ranting he is hardly helping himself.

Sometimes its just better to admit you said the wrong thing and apologise. But the way his ranting, yelling and swearing is making himself look alot worse.

Totally disagree. It's good to see passion as it shows how much this means to him. Most people watching would have felt for him. He showed he actually cares more than most about indigenous Australians. If you listened to the context in how it was said, the guy never should have been sacked.
That intellectual minnow Lyon couldn't quite understand as he said it's not just indigenous people that are in that situation. Well, we all know that Garry. But in this situation that's who we are talking about. According to Lyon's logic we shouldn't have separate strategies for indigenous health etc as other people have health problems too!
Is anyone going to come out and say our health policy is racist on that basis? I don't think so!

Bravo.
You could sense the passion in Rendell's voice about how much he cared for Indigenous peoples.
Long, long way from being a racist. He is just concerned about a very real issue.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:54:40 AM by Mr Magic »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1262 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
Have to feel for Rendell after hearing his version of events last night

Been made a scape goat by the AFL it would seem - Andt D was gunning for someone getting the sack Friday morning.

Also appears based on Rendell's comments and Andy D's comments on Foxt last night that someone is telling porkys regarding what happened Friday arvo with Rendell's resignation....

Person getting off scott free in all of this is the Age journo - would love to read the entire transcript of his interview with Mifsud...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: March 20, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
the interview with matt can be seen here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTh-3-4iIMU

It's interesting to see the context of the comment and it's hard to disagree with him.

How stupid is caro?

Seriously, she is either just plain dumb, or a real vindictive slag. After listening to matt for over 5 minutes explain the whole conversation he had with misfud and how the comment came about, she then accused him of having a laugh about it, and then says that he still hasn't explained the silly comment in the first place.  :wallywink

I didn't think my opinion of her could get any lower, but i was wrong.

She is an absolute disgrace.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #1264 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Slag. Just ask Dipper.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1265 on: March 20, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »
She also said Hawthorn should have apologised for Clarkson saying we should resign Hardwick.  :huh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

gerkin greg

« Reply #1266 on: March 20, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
She's just completely out of touch and irrelevant. Like jackstar.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1267 on: March 21, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
FORMER Crows recruiting manager Matt Rendell has publicly apologised for his comments about Indigenous footballers.

"I publicly apologise sincerely if I have caused any offence," said Rendell on Adelaide radio TripleM today. This follows his conditional apology on Footy Classified on Monday.

Rendell says he has sought to personally apologise to AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud and national multicultural program manager Ali Fahour for the position he put forward in a 30-minute meeting at the Adelaide Football Club in January.

Beyond warning AFL recruiting managers would ultimately recruit only Aboriginal players with one white parent, Rendell offended Mifsud and Fahour by suggesting a pre-draft academy be established for under-16 indigenous players who would be re-located in Melbourne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/rendell-apologises-for-racial-fracas/story-e6frf9jf-1226306434134

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1268 on: March 21, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
if misfud and fahour really did take offence at the idea of establishing an acadamy for young indigenous kids they are are fools.

The days of being half hearted and still making the grade because of raw talent are gone. It's tough for any one to make the transition to a full time professional sports environment and some people will find it even tougher because of their backgrounds.

Ultimately, there will be less and less people from backgrounds/environments that are seen to be disadvantaged in terms of their chances of making the transition, being drafted.

Even if they don't have a policy per see against any one group, as the recruiters tick off the boxes, those from certain backgrounds will be taken out of the calculations because they simply don't tick the right boxes.

In last years national draft, there was not one draftee from the territory. perhaps this was just a statistical anomaly, but i doubt it.

If these guys want to bury their head in the sand and not put in place programs to prepare young footballers for the rigours of AFL life then it is quite possible the circle may very well turn back to when indigenous footballers were a rarity in the game, and the game will poorer for it.

This carry on shows that those who are in a position to do something about it are not mature enough to discuss the issue in an open an forthright manner, thus hindering their own objectives.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1269 on: March 21, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »
Top post Al.   :clapping

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1270 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Mifsud must have photos of Andrew D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1271 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
If these guys want to bury their head in the sand and not put in place programs to prepare young footballers for the rigours of AFL life then it is quite possible the circle may very well turn back to when indigenous footballers were a rarity in the game, and the game will poorer for it.

This is my biggest concern. No one will dare make a suggestion to fix things ever again. Natural selection will be the status quo and there will be victims of professionalism. Such is life.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1272 on: March 21, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
Beyond warning AFL recruiting managers would ultimately recruit only Aboriginal players with one white parent, Rendell offended Mifsud and Fahour by suggesting a pre-draft academy be established for under-16 indigenous players who would be re-located in Melbourne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/rendell-apologises-for-racial-fracas/story-e6frf9jf-1226306434134

Forgive my ignorance but what is/was so offensive about that suggestion?

And if you were offended have the guts to raise it at the time not 2 months after the event

And BTW exceptional post al  :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1273 on: March 21, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
oh dear the Gestapo is a well oiled machine. :help

tony_montana

« Reply #1274 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »

Forgive my ignorance but what is/was so offensive about that suggestion?

And if you were offended have the guts to raise it at the time not 2 months after the event

And BTW exceptional post al  :clapping :clapping

exactly!! top post al, if that idea was offensive to them then put your gonads on the line and say so at the time you effin snipers - what a beat up - the afl propaganda machine is in full swing  ::). Grant Thomas is close friends with Misfud and hes categorically denied that Misfud was offended by the original comment let alone this suggestion.