Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 241536 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #600 on: March 22, 2018, 10:40:49 PM »
People who don't rate him need to watch tonight's game and realise what a little class can do.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2018, 05:28:10 PM »
His non-stop chasing & harrassing was sorely missed.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2018, 07:38:27 PM »
damn straight, the kids a wolf
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2018, 08:36:50 PM »

Apparently if it doesn’t result in a tackle it’s not worth jackpoo

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »

Apparently if it doesn’t result in a tackle it’s not worth jackpoo

don't underestimate the importance of this skill being trained at training because training is very important
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
Any inside news doc?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: March 25, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
Any inside news doc?
I heard his surgeon (Harvinder Bedi) is reasonably happy now. All metal is out of his foot. Will be having a mini preseason and will be back in ?4 weeks.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #607 on: March 27, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
Rioli did some short kicking drills at training today.

"He's progressing to training and is starting to do some lower-end drills," Hardwick said.

"When he plays … we're not going to put a timeframe on it at this stage.

"We realise how important he is to our side and the make-up of our side so when he's ready to play, he'll come in.

Source: AFL website

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: March 27, 2018, 11:35:37 PM »
Still a bit of a limp looking at that vision. Might be hoping for a round 4-5 return but I'm sure they won't rush him back. I'm expecting longer..

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #609 on: March 28, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »
Admit it - you only watched hoping to catch Edwards somewhere in the background.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: March 28, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »
Happy 21st :birthday

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:59 AM »
Premiership Tiger closes in on return

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Apr 17, 2018

PREMIERSHIP Tiger Daniel Rioli is on the verge of joining in main training and has a cautious eye on a potential VFL return in the coming weeks.

The Richmond forward, who celebrated his 21st birthday on Monday, is inching closer to a return to the field following his long recovery from a broken foot.

Rioli has endured two surgeries – the first in the days following the Tigers' Grand Final win and the second this year to remove plates – and a frustratingly slow rehabilitation from the injury.

While the Tigers are buoyed by his recent progress, they're still not willing to put a specific timeframe on just when Rioli will play as they don't want to put unnecessary pressure on the 43-game goal-kicker.

He is close to joining his teammates in training, however that is more likely to happen after the Tigers' Anzac Day Eve clash with Melbourne given their unconventional timetable this week.

"He's training reasonably hard and he'll start to run with the group really soon so he's not that far away," Richmond football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au on Monday.

"It's just a matter of getting that body of work into him, which will probably take a few weeks I would think.

"We're really happy with the way he's going.

"No one has put a date on it to be truthful because we don't want him to be working towards those times, we just want him to work to how he's feeling.

"I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to play VFL sooner rather than later I would have thought."

Rioli will train this week on a regular schedule as his teammates enjoy three days off ahead of their next game against the Demons on Tuesday week.

He said last month he would like to be back playing at some level in rounds four or five.

The Tigers had their VFL bye on the weekend and have two more games scheduled before the end of April, which could even see him line up on April 28 against Werribee if all went well over the next two weeks

However, given his lack of pre-season and the tentative approach taken with his recovery, he might be tasked with building fitness in full training before moving to competitive games.

"We're hoping [he'll play] in the next few weeks, but the doctors have made a special effort not to put a date on it because everyone goes to that and we really don't know what it will be," Balme said.

"It just depends on how he is."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-16/premiership-tiger-back-on-track-soon

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #613 on: April 27, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »
Sitting on top of the ladder for the first time since 1995, the reigning premiers are set to get even stronger, with star playmaker Daniel Rioli just weeks away from resuming from an ankle injury sustained in last year's Grand Final.

Hardwick said the 21-year-old would return through the VFL, with round eight or nine a possibility.

"He's going well and training a little bit more, and I think he joins in full training next week," Hardwick said of Rioli.

"His long-term future is really important for us, so there'll be no rush from our point of view.

"When he's ready, he's ready."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #614 on: May 01, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »
Premiership forward Daniel Rioli continues to build his fitness on the training track, but is yet to pencil in a date for his VFL return after two foot operations.