Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 159089 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #495 on: October 06, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
Klopp's style would be great for EPL I think, real run and gun, but would it suit Liverpool after losing pace from Sterling? Great coach though. Despite how horrid last season was for BVB I was bummed to lose him. Besides getting smashed by Bayern yesterday Tuchel seems like a more than handy replacement however. Aubameyang has been absolutely killing it under the new formation.

Bayern Munich
8 played
8 won
28 scored
4 copped

:snidegrin

I reckon they can match Arsenal. I reckon Blair is secretly head of Arsenal recruiting as well.  :shh

na

cech
sanchez
ozil

are world class

arsenal are part of the 'big four'

the pool are more everton / spurs level

imo

but im still a bit worried

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #496 on: October 06, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »
5 of Bayern's came against BVB yesterday and another 5 were from Lewandowski in 9minutes last week showing why he still should be at BVB. We were due to be flogged by them. We were top of the table, undefeated for 5 games then drew against two crap teams and then Bayern gave us a mighty wake up call. Thought we were primed for it though since we only sent a second string squad to Greece the other day for a Euro game leaving everyone else to rest at home. Oh well, can't help but admire Bayern. Superstars on every line and deserve to be one of most powerful sides today.

We have Mainz next so hopefully that will get is back on the winners list and for Aubameyang to keep his scoring record streak going  :cheers

tony_montana

« Reply #497 on: October 06, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »
Rodgers' Liverpool went backwards as soon as Suarez left. Suarez needed a muzzle at Anfield but his goals got them results onfield. That's the problem for Liverpool. They can't match it on the transfer market with the Chel$ea, Man $ity, Arsenal and Man U's, let alone the big continental clubs like Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, etc. The aura of the 70s & 80s has long gone so the modern stars see the best way to fame, fortune and major trophies is elsewhere away from Anfield.

Pool have dropped 200mill pounds in the transfer market the past 2 years, they have money to spend but the morons don't have an eye for talent. The stars want champions league football, but they also want to play under a good coach

tony_montana

« Reply #498 on: October 06, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
Klopp's style would be great for EPL I think, real run and gun, but would it suit Liverpool after losing pace from Sterling? Great coach though. Despite how horrid last season was for BVB I was bummed to lose him. Besides getting smashed by Bayern yesterday Tuchel seems like a more than handy replacement however. Aubameyang has been absolutely killing it under the new formation.

Yeah it would I reckon, we have a squad that's geared towards run and gun., which is why the way we've been playing since late last season has been so disappointing. There will be an instantaneous improvement under the new manager.

If Klopp indeed got the job he'd need to consolidate the young players in the squad and next transfer window buy 1 or 2 world class talents to compliment them.  Creative players like Ibe, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino will flourish under him.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: October 06, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
porto in good nick too

5 of Bayern's came against BVB yesterday and another 5 were from Lewandowski in 9minutes last week showing why he still should be at BVB. We were due to be flogged by them. We were top of the table, undefeated for 5 games then drew against two crap teams and then Bayern gave us a mighty wake up call. Thought we were primed for it though since we only sent a second string squad to Greece the other day for a Euro game leaving everyone else to rest at home. Oh well, can't help but admire Bayern. Superstars on every line and deserve to be one of most powerful sides today.

We have Mainz next so hopefully that will get is back on the winners list and for Aubameyang to keep his scoring record streak going  :cheers

how many more transfers windows will Dortmund be able to keep reus and hummels/
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
Some good kids coming through like Weigl and Hoffman so hopefully we can keep at least Reus for another couple seasons while they mature. He seems to love the club though, so if we qualify for champions league this season he might commit for longer. I love Hummels but he wouldn't be as big a blow. We've already got Sokratis, Subotic and young Ginter who is the next Hummels, has already made the national squad too (I think he was in the WC winning 11 too?). Ginter is a beast at full back but also has the pace to play RB opposite Schmelzer. 

I don't think Reus is make or break for BVB anymore though. He's an amazing player but I don't think we'll be so lost without him with Kagawa, Mithikaryan Castro, Sahin and Gundogan already there though granted that probably only Mithi and Gundogan could play Reus's attacking mid/forward role. Blaszczykowski is on loan to Fiorentina so we would have him back too. If we make champions league then we may have to sell someone anyway to sure up the strikers. We've only got Aubameyang who is a gun but the only real backup is Ramos (not the good one). That won't be good enough to challenge all of Bundesliga, dfb pokal and CL.

And there's my BVB/Bundesliga 2cents  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »

Yeah it would I reckon, we have a squad that's geared towards run and gun., which is why the way we've been playing since late last season has been so disappointing. There will be an instantaneous improvement under the new manager.

If Klopp indeed got the job he'd need to consolidate the young players in the squad and next transfer window buy 1 or 2 world class talents to compliment them.  Creative players like Ibe, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino will flourish under him.

It's not until you run the names off do you realise how under performing Liverpool have been.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »

It's not until you run the names off do you realise how under performing Liverpool have been.

bbc reporting klopp to scousers is done

they dont get it wrong , much

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:43 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/flightradar24/status/652153803643314176

35000 people were tracking klopps flight to liverpool airport

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #505 on: October 18, 2015, 04:39:21 AM »
New manager but no goals nor 3 points for Liverpool.

Tottenham  0 - 0   Liverpool
Chelsea      2 - 0   Aston Villa
C. Palace    1 - 3  West Ham
Everton     0 - 3   Manchester United
Man City    5 - 1   Bournemouth
Sthampton 2 - 2  Leicester City
West Brom 1 - 0  Sunderland
Watford      0 -3   Arsenal

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:26:35 AM by one-eyed »

tony_montana

« Reply #506 on: October 18, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
Reckon Klopp would be happy with that result even though in recent times Tottenham have been our bunnies. Undermanned - Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino, Henderson, Ings all missing - decent result

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2015, 09:46:28 AM »
Reckon Klopp would be happy with that result even though in recent times Tottenham have been our bunnies. Undermanned - Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino, Henderson, Ings all missing - decent result

Yep, very good result, first team this year to out run Spurs

dwaino

« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
Why was Sturridge missing? I caught a bit of the first half after I got home back to the wogs joint after the A League game but didn't see a lot.

Hard to expect Klopp to put his fingerprint on after only one week but you can already tell he has turned the play up a gear.

tony_montana

« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
Sturridge had a swollen knee or a splinter in his pinky not sure which