Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 156181 times)

dwaino

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #780 on: July 14, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
Dembele will be a gun  :shh watched him in the practice game and that pace and truly ambidextrous. We've stocked up well for the future. There's that Dembele, Emre Mor and Pulisic. I don't think if we had lost Mkhitaryan we would have gone for anyone else and just developed youth but with league, cup and CL we really needed experience. Gundogan, Hummels and Mkhitaryan are huge losses that had to be replaced. Some of our fringe players like Castro, Kuba and now Rode (from Bayern) are super handy and would be starters in almost any other top league side (besides the top sides of course). I know we were targeting Arda Turan from Barca (more bloody Turks) but that talk stopped as soon as we got linked to Götze. If all goes to plan we will be getting Götze back off Bayern for less than we sold him for  ;D. The fans will be interesting in that one though after the "pee off Götze" banners when he returned with Bayern.

Don't follow a great deal of EPL and probably even less now that it's on Optus but how good will FUT be in FIFA 17 with so many players heading to England  ;D

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #781 on: July 16, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »
Judas-gotze is done
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: July 21, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »
#POGBACK
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: July 22, 2016, 11:29:15 PM »
Dembele lookin slick

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: July 23, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
              Auba

Reus Kagawa Götze Dembele

Weigl Castro

Bartra Sokratis Piszczek

Bürki

:shh

dwaino

« Reply #785 on: July 24, 2016, 11:52:11 AM »
TT played 3 back in the cup final probably because of how important it is to constantly attack Bayern but he'll likely go back to a 451 or 4141 sort of set up (was usually 4231 under Klopp but TT is more attacking minded), so take out Castro and chuck Smelzer or Guerreiro at LB and that's probably the side. Reus will miss the start of the season so Schürrle will go there and as promising and class as Dembele is, once Reus is back Schürrle will most likely start on the right side because of big time experience and you don't pay €30million, breaking your transfer fee record, to buy a bench player. Dembele will still get plenty of starts in the DFB pokal and against lower Bundesliga sides.

Here is our squad now as it stands. Lost 3 players for €100 and brought in about 8 for that price and Gundogan is honestly the only loss. Can't see anything else happening this window. Rumours of a Kuba transfer which would be a shame but we are loaded in the wing positions now and he wouldn't fetch enough of a fee to go find anyone more than depth player.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/borussia-dortmund/startseite/verein/16

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #786 on: July 24, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
I don't see how schurrle plays when

Reus
Auyb
Gotze
Demebele
Kagawa

Are fit

Dembelelele is amazing in fifa

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #787 on: July 24, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
Higuin 79m pound ---> juv

(28 yoa)

:o

If they don't sell pogba, insane team

dwaino

« Reply #788 on: July 24, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
I know what you mean but he plays because we already had Dembele and they still broke our transfer record (previously was purchasing Mkhitaryan for £27million) to buy him  ;D he wasn't bought to play second fiddle to Reus. TT is the one who made him who he was at Mainz and when he was awesome in the WC but has probably dropped off since.TT must be confident he can get him back to his best, transform him like he did Mkhitaryan. Don't forgot that Dembele is truly ambidextrous though and can play either side.

I agree though, Dembele oozes class and will still get a heap of starts. TT doesn't have a Dortmund best 11 so he will be rotated through bench and starting. Completely different story come 17/18 season though. Dembele, Mor, Passlack and Pulisic  :shh

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: July 24, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »
I don't think BD were planning on selling 107 million worth of players.

www.transfermarkt.com/borussia-dortmund/alletransfers/verein/16

Most people on earth think you overpaid for schurrle.  However the market has gone bannanas. As you had money to burn. The transfer fee doesn't always matter when picking the best side - bayern got Lwski for free yet say in public he's the best striker going round

Reus and Auby are the 1st and 2nd fiddlers if fit and it in form. It will be impressive to keep them away from bayern/barca/rm next 2-3 years
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:12:52 PM by Stalin »

dwaino

« Reply #790 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:57 PM »
We definitely overpaid, no one is disputing that. Heaps of Dortmund boards didn't even want him. Most wanted Draxler but he would have cost the same as Götze and Schürrle together and Dortmund don't operate like that. I trust Tuchel though. He made him into a gun at Mainz and probably thinks he can do it again. Auby won't go to Bayern, I think he'll be gone next summer to La Liga or EPL. He has said before that he wants to play in all the top leagues and City were sniffing hard this window. He will still have about 3 years left on his contract and Dortmund won't sell him to Bayern. If he repeats his form this coming season I can see us getting something absolutely stupid for him and we can load up on more players.

tony_montana

« Reply #791 on: July 25, 2016, 02:13:39 PM »
Love the way dortmund go about it. If RM sell Morata - I think they'll make a play for Auby - has openly said in the past that its a dream of his to play for RM and its something he promised his grandfather he'd do

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »
What happens to pedo benzema then ?

---

Rumors Icardi (inter) choose Napoli over arsenal lol

Looks like:

Pogba - utd
Higuin - juv
Icardi - Napoli
?? - inter

tony_montana

« Reply #793 on: July 25, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »
What happens to pedo benzema then ?

---

Rumors Icardi (inter) choose Napoli over arsenal lol

Looks like:

Pogba - utd
Higuin - juv
Icardi - Napoli
?? - inter

will get phased out and sold mid season or end of next season

Inter - ballotelli?  :lol

Cant believe the price for higuain, I wont even mention Pogba - wtf?

dwaino

« Reply #794 on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:43 AM »
Love the way dortmund go about it. If RM sell Morata - I think they'll make a play for Auby - has openly said in the past that its a dream of his to play for RM and its something he promised his grandfather he'd do

Unless we sign Gomez then it won't be this window. Personally I'd rather not sign Gomez and just keep Auby another season. He has a few years left on his contract with no buy out clause (we don't offer that any more after Götze) and with a strict "only one star player sold per window" policy that was unfortunately broken due to 3 players wanting out with only a year left means we won't be letting him go anywhere and short changing ourselves a world class striker.

Bundesliga should be good this season. Leverkusen didn't do too bad on transfers and Schalke and Wolfsburg should bounce back.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:31:18 AM by dwaino »