Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 156191 times)

dwaino

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #825 on: August 15, 2016, 06:58:42 PM »
Watched the Supercup when I got home even though I knew the final score. Stuffs me how we lost, absolutely dominated Bayern. Just wasteful in front of goal and let go some awesome chances. Also had me stuffed how Ribery wasn't sent off. Was worth watching for Dembele though. Holy poo is he silk. Can't wait to see Götze and Guerreiro in the side.

tony_montana

« Reply #826 on: August 15, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »
Dortmund will slay it this season.

Nice result for liverpool overnight beating the gunners away. Mane and Coutinho's goals were  :bow

dwaino

« Reply #827 on: August 15, 2016, 08:26:06 PM »
It was just lack of polish on finishing. Several times Auba, Kagawa and Dembele had Neuer beat only to completely miss the goal. Passlack was slick too. Going to be stiff to miss out once Reus and Schürrle come in. Hummels copping it from the crowd was sweet too.

Any of you guys got Optus? I heard the broadcast quality with is pretty average. While I don't have a team in it and don't closely follow it I did enjoy watching a game or two of EPL every weekend.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #828 on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:31 PM »

Nice result for liverpool overnight beating the gunners away. Mane and Coutinho's goals were  :bow

..and in true Chokerpool fashion will turn around and lose to Burnley next week....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2016, 07:47:31 AM »
It was just lack of polish on finishing. Several times Auba, Kagawa and Dembele had Neuer beat only to completely miss the goal. Passlack was slick too. Going to be stiff to miss out once Reus and Schürrle come in. Hummels copping it from the crowd was sweet too.

Any of you guys got Optus? I heard the broadcast quality with is pretty average. While I don't have a team in it and don't closely follow it I did enjoy watching a game or two of EPL every weekend.

Have a few friends that do and said the buffering was shocking, plus it was on delay by a few minutes, people were getting updates of goals on their apps well before TV.

I bought an android box and trialled HDsubs from techmedia, gives you all the sky sports HD channels (10 I think) so you can pick and choose whichever game you want to watch, as well as a crapload more channels from all over the world. Good quality, no buffering

tony_montana

« Reply #830 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:24 AM »

..and in true Chokerpool fashion will turn around and lose to Burnley next week....

We'll see

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #831 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:24 PM »
Watched the Supercup when I got home even though I knew the final score. Stuffs me how we lost, absolutely dominated Bayern. Just wasteful in front of goal and let go some awesome chances. Also had me stuffed how Ribery wasn't sent off. Was worth watching for Dembele though. Holy poo is he silk. Can't wait to see Götze and Guerreiro in the side.

I know Vidal cracked that shot

But if your bkt going to catch it, order it well away ffs
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #832 on: August 17, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »
Sack Hardwick
Sack Wenger
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #833 on: August 17, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »
City were interesting to watch Cl
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #834 on: August 21, 2016, 03:19:55 AM »

We'll see

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #835 on: August 21, 2016, 05:53:42 AM »
Still no wins on the board for Leicester and Arsenal, while Burnley upset Liverpool.

Stoke City      1 - 4    Man City
Burnley          2 - 0   Liverpool
Swansea City  0 - 2   Hull City
Tottenham     1 - 0   Crystal Palace
Watford         1 - 2    Chelsea
West Brom     1 - 2   Everton
Leicester City 0 - 0   Arsenal

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #836 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »

We'll see

Thy had like 80% possession too

dwaino

« Reply #837 on: August 21, 2016, 12:57:38 PM »
Didn't think Hull were even going to be able to field a side this season.

tony_montana

« Reply #838 on: August 21, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »

We'll see

:lol  :wavetowel

tony_montana

« Reply #839 on: August 21, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »

We'll see

Thy had like 80% possession too

The most useless 80% possession Ive just about ever seen. Apparently we had about 20odd shots but that is total garbage, there were probably 4 decent chances for the whole match and burnley had 3 of them. Well deserved victory