Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 28567 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2011, 07:20:30 AM »
I had to laugh seeing the Bombers last night celebrate a draw in a shortened first round glorified preseason game as though they had won the flag   :wallywink

Ha. Amen to that. The tiprat might a be a tosser but I loved seeing him go up and have a go at the dons about it. :lol. Not sure what they were thinking.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »
whos the tiprat ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

TigerTimeII

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:15 AM »
Brisbane were terrible. They have to be odds on for the spoon now, I can see Gold Coast beating them easily.

Voss won't last long.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Brisbane were terrible. They have to be odds on for the spoon now, I can see Gold Coast beating them easily.

Voss won't last long.

If the keep dishing up what they dished up last night Voss wont last the season

I thought the Bummers were fantastic and this is great for the comp.....  ;D

Win the pre-season, making then think they can win the premiership and then they finish bottom 4

There's a beauty about it don't ya reckon  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:33:36 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
and yep zac clarke has not played an afl game because of his size.
Zac Clarke 203cm 88kg
Tyrone Vickery 200cm 91 kg
Not a massive difference
I'd say Clarke hasn't played because of a player called Aaron Sandilands. Also WAFL form means nothing, plenty of players dominate at a lower level and can't step up. Let's wait and see first.

another taken around that time norths goldstein has shown infinately more than vickery. hawthorns renouf his first two seasons are easily more productive. trengove at port. while i know its to early to be calling for his head and im not he needs time but to compare him to his peers id say in the main hes been outperformed to a similar stage of their careers.
Goldstein was taken in 2006, debuted in 2008 (before Vickery was even drafted) for only 3 games. His 3rd year was ok, but had his breakout year in his 4th season which was 2010.
I don't see Renouf as a long term ruckman, he is a shocking kick and only taking the place of Max Bailey if he can get injury free. They even went and drafted David Hale who will get games ahead of Renouf and Hale is not a great ruckman. Renouf's 2nd season was statistically pretty similar to Vickery's, except Renouf's stats were increased by the fact he was often the #1 ruckman as they had no one else fit to play there.

and your right vickery and browne should not have high expectations placed on them noone has said any different. the knock on tyrone is he should be showing something anything in his third yr.
HE HASN'T STARTED HIS 3RD YEAR YET!!!
You're potting a bloke for not showing anything in his third year when the first game of his 3rd year is 5 weeks away.
He played two half games in the NAB Cup as a forward when the ball went into our forward 50 about 4 times a game. Pull your head out of your ass.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
Firstly what has age got to do with it ?
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!
Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level
not so much break out yrs but ruckmen who have at least shown a bit. roughhead at wb  drafted 08. naitanui wce 08. kruezer 07. warnock at wafl really looked a player. freos zac clark very skinny like vickery actually shows more than vickery.
in fact i reckon if i went thru nearly all ruckmen on lists they would have shown more than vickery in their early seasons. the real knock on vickery is he has shown very little he has stagnated.
in saying this he has a little time on his hands but he really needs to show some sort of improvement. without a doubt he should be at coburg.
without doubt we targeted someone like derickx because neither vickery or browne are up to it yet.
Sorry but you are grasping at straws with some of those selections. Either Top 2 picks or haven't shown that much, some haven't even played AFL, what a joke.
Vickery & Browne are both 20 years old, they shouldn't be expected to be up to it yet, especially considering we are needing a #1 ruckman, not a youngster who can play 2nd fiddle to an older more mature body.

thats it in a nutshell - much much MUCH easier to play 2nd fiddle and go up for 10 mins at a time against the number 2 ruckman as opposed to getting your 19y/o body destroyed contest after contest against the oppositions bohemoth veteran ruckman. In saying that Vickery for mine has all the tools but lacks that fire/killer instinct. Too bloody timid!

Thats the issue here, but remembering him play TAC - he was no way timid he was the intimidator at that level. I would have preferred to see more but maybe he still needs more time. We may see progress in 2011 we may not, I get the feeling 2012 will be the year where Vickery will show whether he makes it or not.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »
does anyone remember vickery flying in front of a pack in 2009 and getting absolutely smashed in the back?

He endured a lot of serious pain in that incident. I wonder if that has affected him?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
yeah, its ruffled a curl in his hair. ::) ::)
I have seen Nason who is half the size of Vickery continually get smashed but never ever shirks an issue

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »
Nason never shirks?  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
The AFL is probably now regreting putting a team of ammos and kids with little experience playing together out there against the Swans. GWS did okay for the first 7 mins or so but as expected they are getting sliced and diced. Swans have 7 goals and it's only half-time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »
The AFL is probably now regreting putting a team of ammos and kids with little experience playing together out there against the Swans. GWS did okay for the first 7 mins or so but as expected they are getting sliced and diced. Swans have 7 goals and it's only half-time.
I thought this game could have been a 100 pointer! Personally i hope they scrap this format next year! They must have had this way to suit GWS! Looking forward to suns v giants!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »

Was like watching pre-schoolers against a VCE class

Not sure what was or if there was a purpose to it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Gold Coast look to have some handy players - IMHO the AFL gave them to many concessions. Its unfair on the rest of the competition.