Author Topic: The David Hookes trial  (Read 4181 times)

Ox

The David Hookes trial
« on: November 16, 2004, 12:01:59 PM »

I've just read how Darren Lehman gave evidence in court saying that hookes wasn't drunk.
LMAO.
Considering he had an alchoholic blood content of .14%. I find it impossible to believe.
Hookes was a smartars when he was sober so do the math.

Also interesting is how a neighbour in the area gave his (independent) account of things and it
more or less being the complete opposite to Lehmans version of events.

One thing is to lie for your mates but when your mate has been a drunken arshole and brought the situation on himself
what should u do,especially when someone's life hangs in the balance as a result.

To me it's obvious Hookes was carrying on(as usual) and thought he could use his celebrity status to standover a young bouncer.

It is indeed a tragic  tale so hopefully we can all take something out of it
 - Dont be a smartars unless u're sure u can belt the living crap out of them. :thumbsup

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: The David Hookes trial
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 12:28:15 AM »
I'd give him a year in the clink at most.

Or maybe an old fashioned Aboriginal spearing and immediate re-entry into the community.

lmfaoooo@tribal justice.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 04:13:59 AM »
ROFLMAO Ox.

It is indeed a tragic  tale so hopefully we can all take something out of it
 - Dont be a smartars unless u're sure u can belt the living crap out of them. :thumbsup

Or you are doing it from behind a computer monitor  :thumbsup

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 08:10:39 AM »
Or maybe an old fashioned Aboriginal spearing and immediate re-entry into the community.

lmfaoooo@tribal justice.

LMAO@ John being in charge of the tribal council.

Despite the fact the Hookes was most likely being a smart arse, the bouncers shouldnt have followed them around the corner.

Considering he had an alchoholic blood content of .14%.

Hookes would have been in no way capable of defending himself in this state.

The bouncer has made a very bad error in judgement and WILL get locked up.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 08:23:48 AM »
Hubby knew a guy who was a real hot head and got into an argument with another guy at a party.  What happened next I'm not 100% sure either our acquaintence was at home or went to this other guy's place but the end result was that our acquaintence was stabbed and died from stab wounds.  The fact of the matter in both these cases is that no matter who was in the wrong, someone lost a life, causing immense pain and suffering to remaining family and friends.  No blue is worth taking a life.