Author Topic: Miller steps down from board & Tony Free steps in / Footy Show breaking news  (Read 17885 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Pathetic.

Heart-on-sleeve media stunt.

You can't have it both ways boys. If you want the club to be professional then you can't put a rank amateur on the board.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot

If he's in charge of list management, some list management experience.
If he's in charge of the football department, being in charge of a football department before wouldn't go astray.

It's a casual position on the board. It doesn't say in the press release what his role will be.

I can't question what I don't know.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame

You can't have it both ways boys. If you want the club to be professional then you can't put a rank amateur on the board.
So, you know what qualifications he actually has or doesn't have?

Moi

If he's in charge of list management, some list management experience.
If he's in charge of the football department, being in charge of a football department before wouldn't go astray.

It's a casual position on the board. It doesn't say in the press release what his role will be.

I can't question what I don't know.
You do know he doesn't like Wallace though.
No questions?
Nothing at all?
No qualms, everything will be okay?
Gee, I wish I was that confident.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes, I know that. I understand your concern.
I've also answered it from my perspective.

I don't understand the other things, particularly how anyone can say he's not qualified without knowing if he is or what the actual qualifications are.

Moi

Well, when we find out about his qualifications, we can question them then.
Until then, Miller is off the hook.
Everything that happens now is on Free and he is responsible
I hope he can hack it!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The past 4 years is probably the only time the club hasn't had an ex-player on the board, Danno.
Technically Miller was an ex-player at Richmond too (ressies IIRC) to answer Daniel's question.

Anyway it must be a slow news day if this is Hutchy's breaking story even though it was on the RFC website first lol. Browny taking off a Eurovision look-a-like was more interesting  ;D.

Freezer will be on the footy subcommittee if he's replacing Miller. In essence he'll have the job of overseeing the selection of the senior coach and football department that will take the current youngsters into their prime years. That's a massive responsibility.

The appointment does appease the likes of Caro who wanted more "Richmond people" and ex-players on the board.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

The appointment does appease the likes of Caro who wanted more "Richmond people" and ex-players on the board.

Richmond people ain't necessarily the best people, Caro.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Freezer will be on the footy subcommittee if he's replacing Miller. In essence he'll have the job of overseeing the selection of the senior coach and football department that will take the current youngsters into their prime years. That's a massive responsibility.

That adds weight to Moi's concern, if that is his role.

As I already said, I have faith that he's professional enough to do what is best for the club.

He has said previously that if his son is drafted he would temper his opinion of Wallace in the best interest of all concerned. Can't see why he wouldn't do the same now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Richmond people ain't necessarily the best people, Caro.

And haven't we learnt that the hard way  :P.

I've tried doing a google search on Freezer but apart from his footy history get zip.

Here's the company he apparently worked for in sports management.
http://www.advantageinternational.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm with the 5% fish man.  This is Tony Free and as I've not tracked his every move since RFC how are we to know what his experiences now are.  ::)

I have enough faith in the current RFC board that they've made the right decision and that Free will be a valuable member in directing RFC to a successful future and be responsible in the recommendations and opinions he gives at the table.

While MT can tell us pretty well the role by what Miller has left we also dont know his authority delegated/allocated to Free as a board member (unless MT has inside info of this) and maybe someone else on the board has take some of this authority moved to them, it's an unknown.  Of course as a board member and going by his posts, if he is put in a role which MT says he is, he's going to be a strong advocate for the kids at the match committee, right on on Freeza.  :thumbsup

It's all speculation. but of course, the sky is falling.  :rollin  It has been for 25 years if you haven't noticed.  ;)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

As I already said, I have faith that he's professional enough to do what is best for the club.
But based on what?  Because he posted on a footy forum.
Good luck to Freezer, I hope his appointment is a success and for the best interests of the club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

That adds weight to Moi's concern, if that is his role.

He has said previously that if his son is drafted he would temper his opinion of Wallace in the best interest of all concerned. Can't see why he wouldn't do the same now.
That's me surmising FF but if he is taking over Miller's position on the board and is there as "a contemporary player who will help the club build its young list" then he must be taking a position on the football committee and which will have the responsibilities I've mentioned.

I guess Ramps' first question to Freezer will be does he want a Natanui plus a Rich or Hurley and is he willing to support a tank lol.

Ox

Where's he been?

Has he been @ board level at any smaller league clubs?

Is he still an alco?

Is he still an egomaniac?

Does he have an (ulterior) agenda?

I know what ur saying Froars...the first of the 7 signs  :shh

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame

But based on what?  Because he posted on a footy forum.

Geez, talk about build me up and then knock me down.  ;D
You tell me I'm smart early on then hit me with that.  :(

I actually really trust the board and their judgement. I'm only repeating what I've already said.

I said early on I'm probably gullible because I trust people and their motives. Well, most of the time.
I can't help that and I can't change.