Author Topic: Miller steps down from board & Tony Free steps in / Footy Show breaking news  (Read 17885 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
As I already said, I have faith that he's professional enough to do what is best for the club.
But based on what?  Because he posted on a footy forum.
Good luck to Freezer, I hope his appointment is a success and for the best interests of the club.
Does anyone know what Greg Miller ever did apart from pull Carey and Longmire out a hat?  :rollin 
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
While MT can tell us pretty well the role by what Miller has left we also dont know his authority delegated/allocated to Free as a board member (unless MT has inside info of this) and maybe someone else on the board has take some of this authority moved to them, it's an unknown.  Of course as a board member and going by his posts, if he is put in a role which MT says he is, he's going to be a strong advocate for the kids at the match committee, right on on Freeza.  :thumbsup
The football subcommittee as it stood was Miller, Dalton and March (who sits on all subcommittees). The other directors belong to other non-football subcommittees. Miller of course will still retain the football manager role so yes Freezer won't have the day to day responsibilities that Miller did. However he must though as a board member oversee and be responsible for who and what happens in the footy department from now on.

Here's the board and the respective subcommittees:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/TheClub/TheBoard/tabid/7731/default.aspx
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
As I already said, I have faith that he's professional enough to do what is best for the club.
Good luck to Freezer, I hope his appointment is a success and for the best interests of the club.
Does anyone know what Greg Miller ever did apart from pull Carey and Longmire out a hat?  :rollin 
If there's one thing Freezer could do it's send Miller away on holidays during trade week lol. Leave the recruiting to Francis Jackson and co. in the drafts.

LOL discussing boardroom appointments at 2am  :lol

Moi

Geez, talk about build me up and then knock me down.  ;D
You tell me I'm smart early on then hit me with that.  :(

I actually really trust the board and their judgement. I'm only repeating what I've already said.

I said early on I'm probably gullible because I trust people and their motives. Well, most of the time.
I can't help that and I can't change.
It's about your own conscience, Fish
When someone says they don't like a person and then they will be in charge of them, me, I have to question his motives.
I would question them if they were a mate of mine.
Just something i have to do.
If you trust them, knowing what you know, then good luck to you.
Me, I think it stinks personally,but what can I do other than speak my mind.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Yeah, we'll be encroaching on one-eyed's loitering hours at this rate.   :P
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot

Can you drive a tip truck?  :D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
there is no story in this story.

It has been mooted for 3 years, thata as soon as practical GM would be off the board.

I agree with Tony Free, people forget he was Ash Prescotts manager when he shafted the tigers and went to freo for free :whistle
Free left the club on bad terms, his knee was frucked but he wouldnt accept it, ended up doin a pre-season with collingwood before he broke down again.

Long term Gm could not be his own boss, March has done well here. Lets hope free's legendary toughness transpires from the football field to the board room

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Yeah, we'll be encroaching on one-eyed's loitering hours at this rate.   :P
;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The ultimate decision to quit was Miller's (Age)
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:37 AM »
Miller quits Richmond board
Michael Gleeson | Age | June 13, 2008

RICHMOND director Greg Miller has quit the Tigers board after four years, but will stay on at the club as the head of the struggling team's football department.

He will be replaced on the board next week by former captain Tony Free, who will head up the club's football sub-committee.

Free, 38, a former captain and best and fairest winner, will formally join the board at next week's meeting.

Former North Melbourne chief executive Miller, who is still a North shareholder, had been under pressure over the conflicts between his board position and role as football manager, while also retaining his shares in a rival club.

The ultimate decision to quit was Miller's.

It comes after his job was altered last year with the football duties narrowed to remove recruiting from his broad job description.

Craig Cameron was brought into the club from Melbourne in the pre-season to take over recruiting.

"Greg felt he had served his purpose on the board, which was to put in a structure for the football department and oversee the restructure of the club.

"He felt that having done that it was time for him to go," Richmond president Gary March said.

Miller was the man entrusted with overseeing the rebuilding of the team and overseeing all aspects of the football department.

The five-year appointment of Terry Wallace was a further step towards seeking to introduce a long-term fix for the ailing team.

Off the field the club is in good health, having recorded consecutive million-dollar profits in the past two years and appears likely to do the same again this year.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/miller-quits-richmond-board/2008/06/12/1212863840022.html

Moi

Can you drive a tip truck?  :D
Unfortunately no.
But I'll spot a conspiracy of some kind if Free's son miraculously gets on our list, don't you worry about that  ;D

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
some people are never happy

we should be happy, greg miller , as i understand can now be sacked! he know longer has this conflict of interest

and why does tony free need business credentials to be on the board?  there are plenty of businessmen on the board, and now finally we have a footy man on the board!

this is just the beginning, first miller, wallace next!

march has been very silent this year, but what he said at the start of the season was loud and clear, no excuses , improve or you are finished. terry knows he has lost the boards confidence, they no longer believe his gospel
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame

. terry knows he has lost the boards confidence, they no longer believe his gospel

What matters is if wallet looses the players

The next 5 weeks will shed some light on this.

2-3 wins will help confirm wallets vision that the club is headed in the right direction

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist

. terry knows he has lost the boards confidence, they no longer believe his gospel

What matters is if wallet looses the players

The next 5 weeks will shed some light on this.

2-3 wins will help confirm wallets vision that the club is headed in the right direction

my marty sauce says he already has lost the players and wallet is all but gone
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is he still an alco?

Is he still an egomaniac?

Does he have an (ulterior) agenda?

Sounds like a lot of people here on OER ;)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm just surprised that those people here "in the know" (and I'm not just referring to one person here) hadn't previously broadcast this bit of information.  Not so much about Miller leaving either, as we all knew that would happen sooner or later.