Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313392 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers show interest in Carlton ruckman Shaun Hampson (Age)
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »
No way we will give up pick 28 for this turd.  :lol
It's jut not logical!
Hampson is no better than Big O. Infact if it were up to me, I would have played Big O in front of Ivan in the final just on form.
Big O's tap work is far superior than Ivan's.
Big O can do the back up roll at least for another year until we can make a decent trade for a Mumford type.
If you are going to trade for a ruckman at least make sure the ruckman is half decent.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2013, 08:36:56 AM »
WAT go watch the clip of Hampsons games then make your decision. He is a late pick and nothing less. Pick 28 is vital for our development and future and this pick should be used to a three way deal to land quality like Adams involving a third club perhaps. Hawks picked up Gibson and Gunston around this mark now that's  what I call like for like, not some d grade hack.

As Ramps suggested too hawks coughing up pick 18 for longer yet we may pay 28 for hampson. :banghead :banghead :santa. It's farcical.

He was given plenty of opportunities and failed. Levi Cas and spud Warnock are now ahead of him and that enough is a cause for concern.

At least the crows had Jacobs who was a great ruckman then ahead of Maric.

I wouldn't compare the 2 ruckman.

I do agree with what you are saying Daniel but at the end of the day we will not be making the decision. Our problem is and has been during trade and FA, we are not aggressive enough and never have been. We are not prepared to fight other clubs for players of worth and we are not prepared to give up players like Edwards, Foley etc... so we can pick up the better than average players.

So until we get a bit of mongrel about us during this period we have to accept what the club is doing, otherwise I will meet you at the Story Bridge in Brissy and we can jump together.. ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
I thought some of you guys would be excited at the possibility of having Megan Gale follow the Tigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
I thought some of you guys would be excited at the possibility of having Megan Gale follow the Tigers

She would be a better .uck than Hampson.. ;D ;D ;D

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »

agree Julz

I thought this trade would at least be greeted with the same enthusiasm as the rookie drafting of Brad Miller  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
WAT go watch the clip of Hampsons games then make your decision. He is a late pick and nothing less. Pick 28 is vital for our development and future and this pick should be used to a three way deal to land quality like Adams involving a third club perhaps. Hawks picked up Gibson and Gunston around this mark now that's  what I call like for like, not some d grade hack.

As Ramps suggested too hawks coughing up pick 18 for longer yet we may pay 28 for hampson. :banghead :banghead :santa. It's farcical.

He was given plenty of opportunities and failed. Levi Cas and spud Warnock are now ahead of him and that enough is a cause for concern.

I do agree with what you are saying Daniel but at the end of the day we will not be making the decision. Our problem is and has been during trade and FA, we are not aggressive enough and never have been. We are not prepared to fight other clubs for players of worth and we are not prepared to give up players like Edwards, Foley etc... so we can pick up the better than average players.

So until we get a bit of mongrel about us during this period we have to accept what the club is doing, otherwise I will meet you at the Story Bridge in Brissy and we can jump together.. ;D

WAT, I understand where your coming from but surely you can't expect to offer up players like these and get something better in return? Other clubs just aren't that stupid. Even when mixed in with a draft pick its still not that enticing and it's not as if other clubs are knocking to door down to try and prior these players away from us.
The best we can hope for is in a couple of years from now we have players like Elton, McBean and Griffiths all fighting for a spot in the side with VFL form to warrant it, maybe then we will we might start seeing a little interest from other clubs wanting to part with decent players or better picks to have a crack at some of our un used talent :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »

WAT, I understand where your coming from but surely you can't expect to offer up players like these and get something better in return? Other clubs just aren't that stupid. Even when mixed in with a draft pick its still not that enticing and it's not as if other clubs are knocking to door down to try and prior these players away from us.
The best we can hope for is in a couple of years from now we have players like Elton, McBean and Griffiths all fighting for a spot in the side with VFL form to warrant it, maybe then we will we might start seeing a little interest from other clubs wanting to part with decent players or better picks to have a crack at some of our un used talent :pray

Yeah I know, its just wishful thinking on my part that clubs would be interested in these players... :-\

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »

Yeah I know, its just wishful thinking on my part that clubs would be interested in these players... :-\

I'm hearing ya :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
I'm going to put my nurries on the line and back this one in. We have the worst ruck stocks in the comp and this for an athletic ruck that's ready to go for a pick in the ball park that we're likely to get a couple back in. Just calm your teets yo.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
Would think once the dust settles  ;D that if he ends up costing our compo pick that we receive for either McGuane or White then in actually fact it hasn't cost us much at all

Let's see what compo we get first and then panic, rant or blow a "woofer" valve  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:51 AM »
Would think once the dust settles  ;D that if he ends up costing our compo pick that we receive for either McGuane or White then in actually fact it hasn't cost us much at all

Let's see what compo we get first and then panic, rant or blow a "woofer" valve  ;D

I reckon you will find there will be incessant moaning, open letters of protest, jazz hands and all sorts regardless.  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »
Yeah I will back him in too!!!

"Rucks:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »
Is it done yet ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »
Who would have thought that a straight swap for Mcguane would have caused this much angst 12mnths ago.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »
I think he's worth pick 28. Still young enough to develop into a beast with a good 5-7 years left in him