Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313392 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
I'm dizzy after reading that tiga

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
I'm dizzy after reading that tiga

Mission accomplished!  ;D Imagine if I put in a Dr Seuss phrase

A reverse schulz and a foward McMahon,
Both players who can't hit the side of a Barn,
Trade them at once, no wait which one first?
Who knows which club, has a dud of a thirst?

Rampstar

« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
our recruiting philosophy for this year with no more plans to trade for anything resembling a half decent footballer can only be described as a

FIASCO

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
our recruiting philosophy for this year with no more plans to trade for anything resembling a half decent footballer can only be described as a

FIASCO

Ramps, I'm certain I'm not the only one here who thinks you are being a bit Melodramatic. At the moment, you're making George Costanza look like Elliot Goblet

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »
i reckon Ramps is on the money to be honest.

We have more holes to fill and this list, we have here has been blessed with a good injury free year. Facts are we still lost to 9th and this team has an abundance of average place years

We need more quality through the door than Blair's astute selections of Grigg and Hampson.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
We need to get a Star footballer not depth players.

You dont see Barcelona or Manchester United or Real Madrid buying from the op shops.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

You dont see Barcelona or Manchester United or Real Madrid buying from the op shops.

If only it was that easy ::)
There aren't to many stars moving anywhere this year, I'm not sure who you want us to target but firstly they would want yo have to come to us and secondly we need something to offer in return for trade.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »

FIASCO

Ramps, I'm certain I'm not the only one here who thinks you are being a bit Melodramatic. At the moment, you're making George Costanza look like Elliot Goblet

Have to agree tiga

Ramps and I say this with the utmost repsect, when we sat 3-3 earlier this year you said the "re-build had been a failure" (or words close to that) and we needed to start yet again. After 23 rounds we ended up making finals and finsihing 5th. So the re-build cannot be classed by anyone including you as a failure. Time proved that you made a bad call in the heat of thwe moment  becasue you were disappointed and you like all of us want success.

Perhaps you are doing it again because I don't think you can seriously believe the recruitment of one player is going to send us spiralling down the ladder?   

With compo picks still be to handed out pick 28 is likely to be end up being around 31-34 range. Which is close to what we handed out for Maric when we gave up our 3rd round pick. Let's not forget that by finishing higher up the ladder our 2nd rounder pick is a late pick and more like a early 3rd rounder.

I think that we should at least give Hampson a go, see what he brings to the table and take it from there

Ditto with the remainder of the trade & FA periods plus everyones favourites the Drafts  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
i think i had said that if we lose to port the season would be over and the rebuild would be on the verge of failure but anyways  :cheers

gerkin greg

« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »
nice edit  ;D

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #310 on: October 08, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »

If only it was that easy ::)
There aren't to many stars moving anywhere this year, I'm not sure who you want us to target but firstly they would want yo have to come to us and secondly we need something to offer in return for trade.

We need to be brave, Pick 11 and Nahas for Dangerfield, or what about giving a team FIVE  :o players, for just one player?

Derickx, Nahas, McGuane, Lonergan and Foley for Ablett!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #311 on: October 08, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »

FIASCO

Settle down Ramps, your just becoming silly now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Rampstar

« Reply #312 on: October 08, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: October 08, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »
Not saying I agree with it but going by what Dan Richardson said today, the Club believes our second round pick would've dropped down into the 30s once all the compo picks are added in and so our pick would equate to a late second rounder or early third rounder.

Rampstar

« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
I think Shaun Hampson will be excellent for the Tiges and I look forward to seeing him star in 2014.  :thumbsup