Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313361 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »
I agree, he can take a mark but he's very slow and has absolutely no tank.
His upside is still his age but he needs to pull his finger out in the fitness stakes, Hawthorns fast pace game plan will be challenging for big boy, especially next season...

He's been pretty much a lone ruckman for them for years. Much like Goldstein at North so I reckon his tank is fine.

Anyhow it seems like the recruiting dept have run out of ideas once they realised they couldn't swindle Adelaide again this year. Crows have cottoned onto us after Tambling and Gus.

You recon his tank is fine?? Have you ever watched him play?
He's out on his feet by half time nearly every game, watch him closely in last quarters and see the effort he puts in, he just can't go. After half time he spends all his time between CHF and CHB early leaving the square because he can't push forward or back.
I'm not saying he can't improve on that but at this point he'll struggle in a fast paced side like Hawthorn.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
maybe its the drugs – yours or mine i'm not sure  ;D

The lack of is making me narky  :banghead
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
He's out on his feet by half time nearly every game, watch him closely in last quarters and see the effort he puts in, he just can't go. After half time he spends all his time between CHF and CHB early leaving the square because he can't push forward or back.
I'm not saying he can't improve on that but at this point he'll struggle in a fast paced side like Hawthorn.

If I hadn't watched him play I wouldn't be commenting on him. I have seen him tire badly at times but he never got much of a chop out at St.Kilda. He'll get that with Hale at Hawthorn

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
Apart from Brian Taylor and Luke Darcy, does anyone actually think McEvoy is any good? Reckon he's fairly overrated TBH.
Saint spooner supporters I know are spitting, the only spit coming from the Carlton supporters was laughter drool.....

gerkin greg

« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2013, 03:50:30 PM »
would make a nice change CUB, scum supporters have been telling me for years how good hammer is lmfao

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »

If I hadn't watched him play I wouldn't be commenting on him. I have seen him tire badly at times but he never got much of a chop out at St.Kilda. He'll get that with Hale at Hawthorn

You seem to have watched him extensively, from what I have seen he seems to be a plodder - might be the AFL equivalent of a steeplechase horse. Goes forever, at one pace.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
Apart from Brian Taylor and Luke Darcy, does anyone actually think McEvoy is any good? Reckon he's fairly overrated TBH.

Top 5 ruckman for me

gerkin greg

« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »

Top 5 ruckman for me

Really? huh. Takes a load of marks filling holes around the ground but looks fairly ineffective in the actual ruck to me. Wowee, maybe i'm missing something.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Quality player. Brilliant trade by Hawthorn.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »
You reckon his tank is fine?? Have you ever watched him play?

Not just me. Here's what the bloke who recruited him to Hawthorn said today..

On McEvoy, Wright was understandably positive.
"Ben is a great addition to our list, and will complement our centre square unit extremely well," he said.

"He has elite endurance, is very strong overhead and is a high quality ruckman.
"

tony_montana

« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »

Top 5 ruckman for me

Really? huh. Takes a load of marks filling holes around the ground but looks fairly ineffective in the actual ruck to me. Wowee, maybe i'm missing something.

prob why I rate him so highly, seems like ages since we had a ruckman who can consistently take big grabs week in week out. Not as brilliant as some like Cox, natanui (and Mummy when he's on), but is a unit, goes all day and has an impact.

Agree with coach, hawks made out like bandits with this one imo

gerkin greg

« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Top 5 ruckman for me

prob why I rate him so highly, seems like ages since we had a ruckman who can consistently take big grabs week in week out. Not as brilliant as some like Cox, natanui (and Mummy when he's on), but is a unit, goes all day and has an impact.

Yeah see i wouldn't rate him any higher than good. Certainly better than Hampson. But not in the top rucks because he gets beaten so often. Bloody young though in the scheme of things.

Saints not valuing rucks, maybe Thommo is on the way back  :shh

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »

"Ben is a great addition to our list, and will complement our centre square unit extremely well," he said.

"

If that's how they want to justify the trade then good for them but I have seen first hand many times Big Boy completely fade out of games because he's completely rooted.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
The Hawks just keep on winning premierships don't they. How many flags did they have when we last won in 1980?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »

"

If that's how they want to justify the trade then good for them but I have seen first hand many times Big Boy completely fade out of games because he's completely rooted.
Lets face it Big Boy McEvoy is a bloody good ruckman. Easily top 5 ruckman in the AFL.  Well done to Hawthorn.
Hawthorn has made our drafting of 'what's his name' for pick 28 odd look f$&king stupid!!
If we were serious about improving our best 22 we would have done what Hawthorn did. Don't kid yourselves we had a better draft pick and players on our list that we wouldn't  miss if they went tomorrow. And I just won't cop we couldn't fit him in our salary cap either. As I have said before, we have ONE A grade player!! And our B graders are pretenders- Lids and Jack. And Dusty don't know what day it is!
Richmond FC when it comes to trade period are spineless jellyfish. They need to grow a pair of testy's and have a go. So sick of the RFC being stupid and worst of all gutless!
I would rather die trying than this half arse poo they come up with.
Teams like Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong and even Collingwood make us look like kids playing a mans game.
As you may have noticed, I'm fuming that a club ahead of us just keeps getting further away.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:17:12 PM by big tone »