Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313373 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »
sure.
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
not upset in the least, unlike your good self  :cheers

doesnt look like it... have to say went fishing trying to get HRT and Blaisee into the conversation so I am surprised you decided to join in  :lol

If you want to get me involved, throw in a couple of spelling mistakes and post what you think.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Rampstar

« Reply #557 on: October 18, 2013, 08:59:23 PM »

doesnt look like it... have to say went fishing trying to get HRT and Blaisee into the conversation so I am surprised you decided to join in  :lol

If you want to get me involved, throw in a couple of spelling mistakes and post what you think.

ok hear we go, it wood bea goode if yuo culd git yerself intwo the convrsatition ok.  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: October 18, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »
So actually we traded pick 32 for Hampson, would that be correct??

yes thats right mate. Its not the fact we traded for him, more so the quick manner and pick we used on him.

Pies are struggling to broker a deal with GWS so it couldve been handy in a deal to lure Adams.

Now we have nothing inside 50 because the club thought in their wildest wisdom that they would get some 2/third rounder for White, Mcguane. They look like fools now because we got SFA, as i anticipated.

Blues will gain Docherty with our pick, who has shown real promise in the mid and will be a regular while we could've picked up Jolly for nothing to aid Maric, whilst the bean develops.

We are one injury in cotch  away from falling down the ladder. Lids is not a leader and Dusty cant do it on his own.

We need more class in the mid and forward line.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #559 on: October 18, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »

yes thats right mate. Its not the fact we traded for him, more so the quick manner and pick we used on him.

Pies are struggling to broker a deal with GWS so it couldve been handy in a deal to lure Adams.

Now we have nothing inside 50 because the club thought in their wildest wisdom that they would get some 2/third rounder for White, Mcguane. They look like fools now because we got SFA, as i anticipated.

Blues will gain Docherty with our pick, who has shown real promise in the mid and will be a regular while we could've picked up Jolly for nothing to aid Maric, whilst the bean develops.

We are one injury in cotch  away from falling down the ladder. Lids is not a leader and Dusty cant do it on his own.

Spot on mate!

Like anyone else would have taken him and Carlton probably would have taken our third round pick for him!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #560 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
yeah, we allll know it  :lol

we have more chance of getting a player in Hampson than pick 32, and we will know a lot sooner too.

with our steady improvement in the last few years you must look forward to this time of year where you get a chance to rub your twit along barbed wire and squeal little a spoiled biatch that broke her pocket rocket

Hampster has served up 8 years of dog vomit. How is he more of a player than someone the great FJ judges to be the 32nd best young kid in Australia?

tony_montana

« Reply #561 on: October 18, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »

Can't argue with any of that

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: October 19, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
Get a grip ::)

Unless the club gets itself into the top 10 next week this trade and draft effort could end up a complete balls up. I can sense another draft where we get no good players out of an offseason trade and trade effort. Hampson+Pick 12 or whatever it is at the moment. Its a complete stuff up!

I remember when our rebuild was a failure too

Rampstar

« Reply #563 on: October 19, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
Get a grip ::)

Unless the club gets itself into the top 10 next week this trade and draft effort could end up a complete balls up. I can sense another draft where we get no good players out of an offseason trade and trade effort. Hampson+Pick 12 or whatever it is at the moment. Its a complete stuff up!

I remember when our rebuild was a failure too

atleast 6 times after 1982 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »

ok hear we go, it wood bea goode if yuo culd git yerself intwo the convrsatition ok.  ;D

Most sense you've made in a long time Ramps!   ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #565 on: October 19, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »

Most sense you've made in a long time Ramps!   ;D

thanx smoke  ;D

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: October 19, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
Thanks  :banghead
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
A Carlton supporter has put together a youtube clip of the Shaun Hampson years 2007-2013...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UqUSx4mi8

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #568 on: October 21, 2013, 03:48:41 AM »
Comments on that YouTube clip are more pro Hammer than I thought they would be.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: October 21, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
I think I read somewhere,  may well have been on this forum, that Hampson only started playing AFL in 2004. If thats the case and the fact that ruckmen generally develop at a slower rate than other positioned players that maybe, just maybe Hartley has realised that his best footy is still ahead of him. Might turn out to be quite an astute pick, a rough diamond I think they call it.