Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313394 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #660 on: February 24, 2014, 12:14:58 AM »
Browne > Hampsud
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #661 on: February 24, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
No Ivan - No Wins.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #662 on: February 24, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »
We're getting fussy remember when we had Gus and Browne as our rucks.  :lol

The best damn days of my life

And don't we hear about it every stuffing day, that and Schultz..every day..get over it, and you were WRONG about Graham.... :lol :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #663 on: February 24, 2014, 10:22:12 AM »

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: February 24, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »
Thought the Hampson & Griffiths combination worked extremely well. Both are tall athletic ruckmen who have a great leap. I was really impressed by the height Hampson gets with his tap work. If he gets a jump at the ball he will be extremely hard to beat. That series of play where he won the center tap, crumbed his own ball and then broke away from the pack was very impressive. His kick was actually good to but the leading forward decided to double back so all his good work ended up in the oppositions hands but it was very NickNat like in any event.

He needs to stick his marks but overall he will be a great addition based on what I have seen in the preseason. Griffiths will offer more around the ground and up forward but the two of them could form a very mobile and dangerous combination. I'm interested in seeing how they match up against a stronger bodied/crash and bash ruck like Minson in R3 and Hudson in R4.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
Thought the Hampson & Griffiths combination worked extremely well. Both are tall athletic ruckmen who have a great leap. I was really impressed by the height Hampson gets with his tap work. If he gets a jump at the ball he will be extremely hard to beat. That series of play where he won the center tap, crumbed his own ball and then broke away from the pack was very impressive. His kick was actually good to but the leading forward decided to double back so all his good work ended up in the oppositions hands but it was very NickNat like in any event.

He needs to stick his marks but overall he will be a great addition based on what I have seen in the preseason. Griffiths will offer more around the ground and up forward but the two of them could form a very mobile and dangerous combination. I'm interested in seeing how they match up against a stronger bodied/crash and bash ruck like Minson in R3 and Hudson in R4.
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »

The best damn days of my life

And don't we hear about it every stuffing day, that and Schultz..every day..get over it, and you were WRONG about Graham.... :lol :lol

Every day? How was I wrong? I called it in 09. Graham was never a good player no matter how much of a legendary bloke he is. The Beefcake thing was the best year long pee take I have produced.

Just a few posts here before the All In days. Do some research if you want, I always thought Goose was a dud. Lovely bloke though

Graham has a pea heart and is one of the most disgraceful players to have ever worn the yellow & black.

LMFAOOO

Graham is rubbish. Didnt see most of you blokes complaining last w/e. Graham would have been destroyed by Brogan tonight as well.

:lol

We should 'Capuano' Graham. We can't have him holding back the development of our other ruckman in the reserves.

:laugh:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #667 on: February 24, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »
Snip! Back to discussing the topic ppl.

the claw

« Reply #668 on: February 24, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
It's time to get behind the big Hammer.
go right ahead. when he shows he can compete against the jacobs minsons coxs etc instead of 19 yr old boys the rest of us just might get behind him too.
iccredible. we have a 7yr history to judge him by and yet some want to do it on the back of  insignificant practise games.
in fairness to him he looked decent and did okay against colliwobblers but perspective please.
he needs to prove himself and he needs to do it in a big way.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #669 on: February 24, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

:clapping

They both need to stand up now. Schwartz reckons we are going to struggle without Ivvy, what the hell is he on!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
go right ahead. when he shows he can compete against the jacobs minsons coxs etc instead of 19 yr old boys the rest of us just might get behind him too.
iccredible. we have a 7yr history to judge him by and yet some want to do it on the back of  insignificant practise games.
in fairness to him he looked decent and did okay against colliwobblers but perspective please.

Don't think anyone expects him to be a world beater....just compete and neutralise .
Odds are Maric will be ineffective in 2014 so a lot rests on the shoulders of Hampson.
Unleash the tornado

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: February 25, 2014, 06:36:55 AM »
Makes his trade look inspired now.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Watching the game now and I am very impressed with Hampson, does the job very nicely. Great pick up for mine!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
Watching the game now and I am very impressed with Hampson, does the job very nicely. Great pick up for mine!
Better ruck than Ivvy but no where near as influential outside of that though. Hopefully with consistent minutes as a no.1 ruck he will get better around the ground and it will be an inspired choice.

the claw

« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »

Don't think anyone expects him to be a world beater....just compete and neutralise .
Odds are Maric will be ineffective in 2014 so a lot rests on the shoulders of Hampson.
the big o showed he can do that.why waste a 2nd rounder if thats all we expect.