Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313421 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #675 on: February 28, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
Cause o ain't much good

O is old

Hampson former first rounder or there about - room for improvement

A ruck man in mid 20s was required for list balance

And the big one - would Carlton have accepted third rounder?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: February 28, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »
of course they would have, in fact they asked for it but we nah, here have a second......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #677 on: February 28, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »
Watching the game now and I am very impressed with Hampson, does the job very nicely. Great pick up for mine!
Better ruck than Ivvy but no where near as influential outside of that though. Hopefully with consistent minutes as a no.1 ruck he will get better around the ground and it will be an inspired choice.

Agree, with more game time he will be an asset!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: February 28, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
If he is going to be the number one ruck needs to kick between 22 - 44 goals

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Watching the game now and I am very impressed with Hampson, does the job very nicely. Great pick up for mine!
Better ruck than Ivvy but no where near as influential outside of that though. Hopefully with consistent minutes as a no.1 ruck he will get better around the ground and it will be an inspired choice.

Agree, with more game time he will be an asset!

He'd want to get better in open play because right now he's a liability of JONesque proportions in  that regard.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: February 28, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
I was thinking more like 26-48 goals Chucky!  :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #681 on: February 28, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »

Exactly. The press have already mentioned this

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #682 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
I am warning you aw if you bring up longer the slonger lover I will spew

the claw

« Reply #683 on: February 28, 2014, 10:45:51 PM »
does ivan kick 26 to 40 whatever goals a season.  if hes to REPLACE  ivan his main job is to perform at or very close to  ivans level in the ruck.
if hes to be a ruck/ for then hes expected to hit the scoreboard.

on vickery  i have to ask again. at what stage do you expect a ruckman to step up and at the least start to show he can take over if need be.
well vickery is close enough to 24 entering yr 6. he played 89games? and going by the way we gift him games he will pb well over 100 this yr. hes close to physically the right size yet we go and get hampson.  we hang onto 32 yr old ruckmen in stephenson and we desperately try to turn griffiths into a ruckman. if vickery was a ruckman we would not need to do any of this.
if you wish to compare vickery to players at the same age which is peoples wont on this board. then as a ruckman hes one of the worst performed of all time.
as a kpf hes marginal as well. yet we offer him a 3 yr deal what madness.

tony_montana

« Reply #684 on: February 28, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »
Just let it go claw , you've said your piece about 25 times the past few days.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: February 28, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
no it doesn't work like that tony.
the more you say it, the truer it becomes.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #686 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »
Cause o ain't much good

O is old

if o is too old and not much good why did we keep him with the shortage of first rucks on the list.why keep a spud at any time.

to me purely as a ruckman and in just 14 games at age 32 or what ever orren has statistically been much better than hampson as a pure ruckman. its funny you cant find one poster on this site who will talk about hampsons 7 pathetic seasons to date and just how much of a risk he is.
cmon can anyone at all show me where hes had just one very ave yr yet alone decent in the 7 yrs hes played.
how much room for improvement is there in most 26yo olds. 
ive gotta ask am i the only one who insists hampson after 7yrs of nothing prove himself before i call him a good pick up. forget about where hampson was originally taken focus on 7 yrs of performance.  with what vickery has dished up thus far do you see me focusing on where he was taken which by the way was pick 8 should he better because he was taken there.

tony_montana

« Reply #687 on: March 01, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
Cause o ain't much good

O is old

if o is too old and not much good why did we keep him with the shortage of first rucks on the list.why keep a spud at any time.

to me purely as a ruckman and in just 14 games at age 32 or what ever orren has statistically been much better than hampson as a pure ruckman. its funny you cant find one poster on this site who will talk about hampsons 7 pathetic seasons to date and just how much of a risk he is.
cmon can anyone at all show me where hes had just one very ave yr yet alone decent in the 7 yrs hes played.
ive gotta ask am i the only one who insists hampson after 7yrs of nothing prove himself before i call him a good pick up. forget about where hampson was originally taken focus on 7 yrs of performance.  with what vickery has dished up thus far do you see me focusing on where he was taken which by the way was pick 8 should he better because he was taken there.

The season Kruezer was out with a knee, hampson took the number 1 ruck mantle for 12-15 weeks and played the best footy of his life cant recall if it was 2011 or 2012, ask any carlton fan. Its snippets like this that clubs store in their memory bank when looking to bring someone into the club like we have. Obviously we thought he's shown a bit and have taken a calculated risk. Just bc you think hes a complete and utter spud with zero chance of improving, doesn't necessarily make it so.  There is no shame in being the number 3 choice behind kreuzer and Warnock. Sam Jacobs was behind them in the pecking order too, and he hasn't been too bad.

the claw

« Reply #688 on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
Cause o ain't much good

O is old

The season Kruezer was out with a knee, hampson took the number 1 ruck mantle for 12-15 weeks and played the best footy of his life cant recall if it was 2011 or 2012, ask any carlton fan. Its snippets like this that clubs store in their memory bank when looking to bring someone into the club like we have. Obviously we thought he's shown a bit and have taken a calculated risk. Just bc you think hes a complete and utter spud with zero chance of improving, doesn't necessarily make it so.  There is no shame in being the number 3 choice behind kreuzer and Warnock. Sam Jacobs was behind them in the pecking order too, and he hasn't been too bad.
thats a good spin on it.
kruezer did his knee rnd 13 2010. both warnock and jacobs took over the mantle in that yr. jacobs in just yr 2.  jacobs went home to adelaide at the end of that yr having already shot past hampson and warnock.

warnock had his best season in 2011 taking over the ruck duties.go look at his yr if you want a ruckman.  kruezer then  came back mid yr on one leg  and forced hampson out. seems to me young ruckmen at carlton just kept on usurping him. he has never ever taken over the #1 ruck role at carlton hes never done enough to warrant it.

you must be asking the blinkered carlton fans. most i have spoken too have been highly critical of him right thruout.most complain because all you get from him is the odd glimpse.
his best two seasons if you can call mediocrity his best were in 09 and 2012 and those yrs can only be  described as average at  the very best.

finally yes we have taken a calculated risk at least you can acknowledge its a risk.
yes i do call him a spud based on his 7 yrs which have been very ordinary which no one here can acknowledge.
i havent said he cant improve but based on his  7yrs and his age  imo its more unlikely than likely.
we all hope he can do a maric but the comparisons in performance in the lead up to us taking them both   are chalk and cheese.

Gigantor

« Reply #689 on: March 01, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
For the love of mike give it a rest Claw..just let the season take care of the success or not of the Hampson deal