Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 313381 times)

the claw

Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #1050 on: July 06, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »
hmm should i chime in here and say something. after all plenty did get into me over hampson and longer.

all i will say is pick 12, for longer and 25.  keeping pick 32 doesnt look so silly now i guess.
my only gripe and concern is when trading into picks our recruiting is so lousy we will just waste em regardless. the way our recruiting is, it seems we need to be trading into top 5 picks to be sure of getting good players.

i still think longer 12  dumont 25 , hewitt 32, marsh 50,  and templeton 66  was the way to go. even if we picked different players to these the process would still be the right way to go.
i still believe mature  f/a's  chapman and laidler was the way to go.
i had no problem if availble for us to take miles gordon and lloyd as rookies. would have taken sully mature  kpd  as a rookie, as well as darcy cameron a young ruckman. in fact i would have taken cameron in the nd by cutting ricky petterd.

i actually think a similar scenario can be achieved this off season if we only have the balls to do it.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1051 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »
Why give up Lennon?

Should of keeper derickx

Longer can gagf

the claw

« Reply #1052 on: July 07, 2014, 10:45:08 AM »
Why give up Lennon?

Should of keeper derickx

Longer can gagf
lol the blind faith in players just because they are at richmond and early picks. i have little faith in lennon to be honest i still would not have taken him at pick 12.

because i dont believe there was a huge difference between players from pick 9 to pick 35ish. what would i rather
l2,  and hampson or longer a top 10 draft pick himself  25 and 32 id take the latter thanks.
its hilarious we get blokes you when not jumping ship constantly saying at times give griffiths time give vickery time yet when the shoe is applied to opposition players its no they are duds.billy longer is tracking along quite nicely thank you and looks more than capable of holding down stkildas firt ruck very well in a few yrs time. i can categorically state he will be a good ruckman/player. cant say that about many of our juniors including lennon.

Rampstar

« Reply #1053 on: July 07, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »
lennon seems to outside for me.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1054 on: July 07, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »
Yes how silly to have faith in a 18/19 year old junior all Australian touted as an elite kick outstanding overhead mark when a contested ball, plays well at important moments and has general good goal and game smarts.

Billy longer the future dean cox would be wiser no doubt

lennon seems to outside for me.

U18,stats seem to indicate he's in/outside.

Longer seems a battyboy to me. Not that there anything wrong with that

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1055 on: July 07, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Lennon will at least be good enough for pick 12 in a compromised draft, would've preferred Dunstan or Acres though.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1056 on: July 07, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
That docherty goes allright.  :banghead Starting to come along nicely.

Then again those picks around that mark are usually a waste of time according to some.

I liked Al's analogy but also put this out there too, he was a pick 12 :wallywink. But if you were talking about the trade for pick 33 well that's irrelevant when he was desperate to get out of Brisbane and Brisbane was desperate to at least get something in return.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1057 on: July 07, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Need to know what dimflick has to say about this inspired decision, now....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1058 on: July 07, 2014, 07:43:38 PM »
i need it like a fire needs a flame....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1059 on: July 25, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
Copped a little bit of a whack from King Carey  :bow

IF YOU'VE got height on your side - and limited ability - you may as well start pursuing an AFL career, North Melbourne great Wayne Carey says.

"Our game has evolved so much in the last 20 years that pure football ability is no longer the No.1 pre-requisite," Carey writes in a Fairfax column.

"And of all the positions up for grabs for wannabe AFL players, it’s the position of ruckman which is there for the taking like none (sic) other."

The 272-game champion says the role of the ruckman has changed irrevocably, and uses Carlton's Robbie Warnock and Richmond's Shaun Hampson to illustrate his point.

"Warnock and Hampson have height on their side but what else?" he said.

"They're not aggressive nor do they have great running capacity. So exactly what is it about these super-tall players that attracts clubs?"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-25/super-tall-but-no-ability

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1060 on: July 25, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »
Carey knows everything lol
Hampson was one of the quickest runners around Princess Park before he injured his knee

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1061 on: July 29, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
Watched his game in the vfl.For guy 200 cm plus has no heart and doesnt do enough and just cruises around the ground.How they used pick 28 on him !.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1062 on: July 29, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »
Also thought hampson was poor vs port. Griffiths was superior to hpson and orren.

No doubt hampson for vickery .

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1063 on: July 29, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
Carey knows everything lol
Hampson was one of the quickest runners around Princess Park before he injured his knee

That's great ...but which Hampson do you think he's talking about - the one from years ago before he did his knee or the slow as stuff pootruck he sees playing for us now?

Besides that - he said running capacity - which refers to endurance around the ground moreso than speed. Something he's never had.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1064 on: July 29, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
im hoping he can use some of that speed and endurance to get the stuff out of our club

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.