Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 194649 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »
Garthwaite looks to be the goods. Give him another preseason or two. Even our rookie Moore looks to have a bit of X factor and has improved a lot over the year. A bit worried about Mabior but even there he has the tools and now just has to bring the application. Sure they are a long way off senior footy but they are at least there.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
Hopper just re-signed with GWS.....but Kennedy - one of the kids we bid on with our Rioli pick - still hasn't.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
What's the deal with Himmelberg? Is he out of contract?  Seems to be a very good player we may be able to snaffle.

tony_montana

« Reply #588 on: September 02, 2017, 08:52:27 PM »
Garthwaite looks to be the goods. Give him another preseason or two. Even our rookie Moore looks to have a bit of X factor and has improved a lot over the year. A bit worried about Mabior but even there he has the tools and now just has to bring the application. Sure they are a long way off senior footy but they are at least there.

I agree doc, reckon Moore has developed considerably this season. I like garthwaite, he's a competitive beast, as soon as he gets a bit of size he'll be a good flexible sort to have in the side.

I'm a fan of Chols X factor but man he's got to do something about his aerobic capacity. He was sucking in the big ones 15 mins in the first qtr after a couple of efforts.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: September 02, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »

I agree doc, reckon Moore has developed considerably this season. I like garthwaite, he's a competitive beast, as soon as he gets a bit of size he'll be a good flexible sort to have in the side.

I'm a fan of Chols X factor but man he's got to do something about his aerobic capacity. He was sucking in the big ones 15 mins in the first qtr after a couple of efforts.

Gathwaite has impressed me and his kicking action has improved after rigorous practice. Chol needs another season but shows signs and Moore could be very handy as a 3rd mobile tall. All 3 are exiting as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #590 on: September 02, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
I am not worried too much about Chol, can work on the tank, has the rest already coming along nicely, needed get more size to compete body on body.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: September 02, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »
I am not worried too much about Chol, can work on the tank, has the rest already coming along nicely, needed get more size to compete body on body.
I tend to agree.
I was not really a fan but he showed me something today that may not show up on stat sheets but I thought he was pretty good....And aggressive.
Same to with Moore.

tony_montana

« Reply #592 on: September 03, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »
No doubt sides have figured out how we structure up by now, but actually matching up with our smalls is the problem. On a smaller ground like Simmonds stadium its much easier. But agreed basically we are in trouble all over the ground with talls.

With the exception of a key forward/Ruck, Our first choice key position talls are outstanding.
Astbury, Rance out back with Grimes as a back up, Jack and Nank as forward with Nank as first choice Ruck have all been sensational this year.
I agree that there is a lack of depth and so luck with injuries is a key but this set up has delivered our best crack at a flag for over 20 years and should therefore at the very least should be acknowledged

:thumbsup

Yep agree with you 100%.

Yes Ivvy and Elton need to be replaced and who knows what will happen with griff, but in Garthwaite(agile 2nd or 3rd tall defender), Moore(agile tall fwd) and Chol(2nd ruck/fwd/defender) we have some exciting developing KPP's.

Its not unreasonable to suggest that if we draft 2-3 KPP's in this years draft(very likely) and trade for one this year or next, our list is close to being nicely balanced(theoretically). You'd think we were completely bereft of KPP's(apart from Jack and Rance) listening to some posters on here.

We've got some good bargaining chips 2 x first rounders this year, our first rounder next year. Id be having a serious crack at Patton and Lynch at the end of the year. Add one of those 2 and add in a couple more draftees plus Xavier Richards and I reckon we're in a fantastic position for sustained success.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #593 on: September 03, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »

I can tell you this much Doc - the club are THAT impressed with Moore that if not for  finals he would be the next cab off the rank into the senior 22 to trial on game day.

He will play early 2018.  :shh
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #594 on: September 03, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »
I suppose the main problem is a second tall who can help nank in the ruck coz he will breakdown.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2017, 09:07:44 AM »

I can tell you this much Doc - the club are THAT impressed with Moore that if not for  finals he would be the next cab off the rank into the senior 22 to trial on game day.

Watching him yesterday I thought he was excellent.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »
Anyone for Jackson Trengove?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: September 03, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »

I agree with Doc on both players - my only question is whether they are an "in between" height to play key position - at 6ft 4 they aren't quite tall enough to play as key position players. Especially Moore who would play in a position which might require a chip out in the ruck
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #598 on: September 03, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »
6'4" is 195cm which is enough for key position. Our ruckman is only listed as 199cm.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: September 03, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
Claw says any taller than 196cm and they are likely to be duds. :whistle