Author Topic: brock mcclean  (Read 933 times)

letsgetiton!

brock mcclean
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:17:51 AM »
why didnty the tigers bust their a@ses to get this kid. he was a proud tiger fantatic, his uncle and iirc his dad , played for the tigers!!! i know his uncle did 4 sure, premiership player 4 us.  now thuis is the kind of player we need. no nonsense, no fuss, just hard tough skilled and gets the job done! cogs could be this kind of player , but cogs lacks 2 very important ingredients that brock does not lack, footy smarts and  SKILL!

GET BROCK TO TIGERLAND!!!

I WOULD TRADE ANYONE 4 HIM

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: brock mcclean
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:12:05 AM »
We were never a chance, X. Melb, Carl & Dogs all had a priority pick and he was never going to be around after they'd grabbed their early picks.
Brock McLean was taken at pick 5 in 2003 (they took Sylvia with their PP). Our first pick ended up being 21 because we traded picks 6 & 20 for Nathan Brown (we traded Holland for pick 20).

Not sure if his dad played for Richmond. His uncle, Ricky, definitely did. 39 games between 1972-76 after playing 19 games at Carlton between 1966-71. Didn't play in the 1973-74 premierships but did play in the 1972 losing GF team where he did his hamstring running down the race before the start of the game.

Chances of getting Brock from Melbourne now - zero.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:42:38 AM »
We were never a chance, X. Melb, Carl & Dogs all had a priority pick and he was never going to be around after they'd grabbed their early picks.
Brock McLean was taken at pick 5 in 2003 (they took Sylvia with their PP). Our first pick ended up being 21 because we traded picks 6 & 20 for Nathan Brown (we traded Holland for pick 20).

Not sure if his dad played for Richmond. His uncle, Ricky, definitely did. 39 games between 1972-76 after playing 19 games at Carlton between 1966-71. Didn't play in the 1973-74 premierships but did play in the 1972 losing GF team where he did his hamstring running down the race before the start of the game.

Chances of getting Brock from Melbourne now - zero.

THANX FF
I know our chances are zero now, but one can only dream. i think his dad was a reserves player , not sure, but this kid is a gun and has it all. he is the next captain at demon land thats 4 sure.

i wish lids backed himself and his ability the same way brock does

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »
i wish lids backed himself and his ability the same way brock does

McLean is in his 3rd year. Give Lids another preseason  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:25:04 PM »
why didnty the tigers bust their a@ses to get this kid. he was a proud tiger fantatic, his uncle and iirc his dad , played for the tigers!!! i know his uncle did 4 sure, premiership player 4 us.  now thuis is the kind of player we need. no nonsense, no fuss, just hard tough skilled and gets the job done! cogs could be this kind of player , but cogs lacks 2 very important ingredients that brock does not lack, footy smarts and  SKILL!

GET BROCK TO TIGERLAND!!!

I WOULD TRADE ANYONE 4 HIM

Brock is an absolute gun, I had a fiver on him for the Brownlow, he's now inelligible, but I think I might have been a year early.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »
I agree McLean is a gun...hes the type you need to win a flag.