Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 75314 times)

tony_montana

Re: Pick 26. Todd Elton
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
Was wrong to play him today in such a big game, ridiculous selection by the MC

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
Not bagging todd elton but  miller and elton together is suicide needed another option if u are bringing a new forward option

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
Lord knows why griff hasnt been used a damn forward, we're crying out for another tall forward, leave batch in and push griff forward....pretty simple to me
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
Batch and conca would have been good ins today

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »
Lord knows why griff hasnt been used a damn forward, we're crying out for another tall forward, leave batch in and push griff forward....pretty simple to me

I kept thinking in the last quarter. Do something Dimma.

move Griffiths or Lids to FF and Maric down back covering the hole.

griffiths needs to be tried in the F50 but then again when rances goes down every 2 mins like a tosser someone needs to keep their feet
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »
Dimma has no plan B Bo we have seen it in all our losing games. We either win or lose depending on our selections and pre-game planning.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

griffiths needs to be tried in the F50 but then again when rances goes down every 2 mins like a tosser someone needs to keep their feet

I thought that if he had been moved to a high half forward flank role he could have impacted. You got a bloke who can kick it 70 metres - so if your behind and if you cant score (and we couldnt after 1/4 time - plonk him forward and make him the go to man about 60 out from goal - who knows he could have snaffled a couple of cheap goals.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »

I thought that if he had been moved to a high half forward flank role he could have impacted. You got a bloke who can kick it 70 metres - so if your behind and if you cant score (and we couldnt after 1/4 time - plonk him forward and make him the go to man about 60 out from goal - who knows he could have snaffled a couple of cheap goals.
Imagine Griff with that wind behind him!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »
Your guys have no idea
Dimma did switch in last quarter
Switched from Water to Gatorade
Then moved himself from in the stand to the boundary
Very poor day for Dimma I thought

10 FLAGS

« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »
Your guys have no idea
Dimma did switch in last quarter
Switched from Water to Gatorade
Then moved himself from in the stand to the boundary
Very poor day for Dimma I thought

No one is denying his coaching efforts after 1/4 time werent much chop. To be honest I would give him about a 3/10 for his coaching today.

the claw

« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »
was not wrong to play this kid yeah he had a bad one. i would play him next week as well.
 i scratch my head and ask why is their #1 defender in rutten playing on a first gamer why was nothing done about it.
why didnt riewoldt or miller tear them a new one when the best defender is on a kid.

what purpose did miller serve today talia went to jack rutten to elton who had miller. dont blame the first gamer blame the other two who should have capitalised on a very poor situation.

sheesh how poor was rance again  today.  fall over play from behind rance got another football lesson. how soft is houli back to old habits is the biggest front runner in the game thank Geez it was only a two yr contract he signed.

still think the way to alleviate the forward problems is start maric in a pocket and bring graham into the team. keep elton and give him a decent block of games pee miller off where he belongs what a deplorable player.

finally we will not win many games even against poor sides if our ball use  and decision making does not dramatically improve theres only about 5 who use it well under pressure the rest are panic merchants.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »

Agree.

He wasn't ready, he had a real crack tho. He will be dropped and have his confidence destroyed.

Genius move MC..
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »

Agree.

He wasn't ready, he had a real crack tho. He will be dropped and have his confidence destroyed.

Genius move MC..

I should correct my quote - I meant wrong to debut him in a game such as this, if he played a few weeks earlier he gets a taste and u know if he can handle it

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
Should have played him against GWS. Seriously, are the blokes on our MC taking the pee? You bring in a kid for his first game against one of the best teams?? Is that the way to debut a kid according to our brains trust? Even Wallet has more sense.
Young Todd will still be a good player you'd think...shouldn't have played today though. That's not his fault so we shouldn't bag him. Bag the blokes that still make these mind boggling selections. "No more gifting games at Tigerland" Yeah, right....

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »
Just shows that we still lack a lot of depth.

Miller needs to go and we need to develop the young kids.

Maybe bring Batch back in and play Griff forward or put Astbury forward.

Elts will be a good player, just not ready yet.