Author Topic: Todd Elton  (Read 75313 times)

the claw

Re: Pick 26. Todd Elton
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
this kid should not be dropped for next week.
so he had just 4 touches geez griffiths had 5 his first game. griffiths did not have to play on the oppositions most experienced and best tall defender he should have been on the third tall what the hell happened to allow this situation that should be the real question not pointing the finger at a kid.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
Agree shouldn't be dropped showed some good signs.

Actually poor coaching by the tigers should of either put Elton in the goal square with Ruttan or moved Miller onto Ruttan. Ruttan was too big & strong for the kid. We played into the crows hands with that match up. But gee the kid will learn heaps from the experience
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »

Pointless playing Miller. Play the kids and find out if they can cut it.
Elton didn't do alot today but now he knows what it takes with a taste of the big time. 
Give him another 2 game against the dees and gold coast.
Why not?... hes already better than Miller.  :shh
Atleast by playing him you'll find out if he's got the potential to make it. If you don't play him you'll never really know. Plus these games are a far greater learning tool that anything he can get at Coburg.

The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »
Agreed keep him in, didn't do a lot but needs time.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »
Agree shouldn't be dropped showed some good signs.

Actually poor coaching by the tigers should of either put Elton in the goal square with Ruttan or moved Miller onto Ruttan. Ruttan was too big & strong for the kid. We played into the crows hands with that match up. But gee the kid will learn heaps from the experience

150% agree WP. Spot on.

Coaching staff stuffed up big time.
After wtr time Talia went to Jack and Rutten on Elton. Rest is history. RFC coaches box let Rutten and a spare man behind the ball do what they pleased. Not to mention Millers opponent doing what he liked and double teaming Jack.

Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2012, 02:30:05 AM »
Looks likeba gun in the making i think.

Big fast tackles

Agile

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
I thought he showed signs, but also felt like he played like a kid not quite ready to make the step up. while he has had some good form at coburg that form has been inconsitant. He doesnt seem to be able to put a full game together at the lower level so we should not expect too much, particularily against a top 4 side.

I'd like to see him given a couple of more games against Melbourne and the gold tops, but if he isnt getting many touches then he needs to go back to a lower level. It doesnt take too long for a kids confiedence to get shattered when he isnt touching the ball.

In the medium term we really need vickery to find some form, or derrickx to step up, if only for structure sake and to reduce ivans workload.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »
Agree need Vickery up and firing. Agree continue to play Elton. Miller is doing nothing, drop him.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »
Leave him in ffs, first game, give him a go, thought he actually went hard at the contest....certainly was not the reason we lost!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
Leave him in ffs, first game, give him a go, thought he actually went hard at the contest....certainly was not the reason we lost!

actually his direct Opponent Rutten crucified us in the 2nd half  :thumbsup but I will not hang a 1st gamer, was wrong to debut him in  such a big game imo, would've been perfect to play him next 2 weeks against melb and GC where the intensity won't be so high

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »

actually his direct Opponent Rutten crucified us in the 2nd half  :thumbsup but I will not hang a 1st gamer, was wrong to debut him in  such a big game imo, would've been perfect to play him next 2 weeks against melb and GC where the intensity won't be so high

Yeah Rutten just killed our HF line actually, cut off our forward pay completely.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Todd Elton
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
He was like Pablo maldini.

I remember miller being uber rubbish

Yeah Rutten just killed our HF line actually, cut off our forward pay completely.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »
At least 10 games next year. :-\
A tad optimistic young lad.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
He weighs 97kg now