Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 160240 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
Inb4Chaplinstaysatport

Not happening ;) he quit the club today anyway so even if Port match the offer he will walk and we will get him in the PSD :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »
Inb4Chaplinstaysatport

Not happening ;) he quit the club today anyway so even if Port match the offer he will walk and we will get him in the PSD :thumbsup

Inb4thatturnsouttobelies
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »
Inb4Chaplinstaysatport

No we wont.

He has 2 options if Port decides to match the offer. Stay at port or go into the national draft.

Not the pre-season draft

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
Port will match it..

They like to pee us off just like last year.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Port will match it..

They like to pee us off just like last year.

No they wont,We have a great trade history with Port, they have come out well in front!  besides they owe us for Farmer and Thomas ;) ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2012, 01:55:22 AM »
WHo is Thomas? Thomson? He must have been good if you can't remember his name.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2012, 02:16:10 AM »
Port is unlikely to match our offer and Chaplin will go into the draft if Port do.

-----------------------------------------------

Chaplin, who has played 140 matches for Port since his debut in 2004, is understood to have received a four-year deal from the Tigers.

Port is even less likely to match Richmond's offer, citing the key defender's recent knee surgery as a major factor in deciding whether to offer the 26-year-old a long-term deal.

"We're well aware of his knee situation so if someone offers him a long-term contract elsewhere we'll just have to weigh it up," Rohde said.

"They (recent injuries) are obviously the things you have to consider when you do long-term contracts."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/danyle-pearce-and-troy-chaplin-look-set-to-leave-port-adelaide/story-e6freck3-1226486150257

The Tigers had also made it clear they were after a key defender, and Troy Chaplin, from Port Adelaide, had long been mooted as their ideal man. This came to fruition when the Tigers offered the restricted free agent a four-year deal.

If Port does match the deal, it has until Thursday afternoon to do so and he could either stay at Alberton or nominate for the national draft.

Chaplin's manager, Liam Pickering of Strategic Management Australia, said Chaplin had resolved to leave Port and wanted to go to the Tigers so he was prepared to go in the draft if Port tried to match the offer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/knights-joins-tigers-chaplin-close-behind-20121001-26vjf.html#ixzz2844BQDZK

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »
RICHMOND'S strong Port Adelaide links played a key role in convincing defender Troy Chaplin to choose the Tigers as his preferred new club.

Tigers' coach Damien Hardwick, assistant coach Brendon Lade and recruiting "head-hunter" Blair Hartley all had contact with Chaplin in his time at Port.

Chaplin, 26, yesterday told Port Adelaide he wanted out as a restricted free agent and informed teammates of his reasons in a heartfelt email.

Though Port has three days to match Richmond's offer under free agency rules, it seems highly unlikely given it is a significant long-term deal.

It is understood that Chaplin's deal at Punt Rd is three years guaranteed, with a fourth if he can meet performance benchmarks.

Chaplin's manager Liam Pickering told the Herald Sun Chaplin had "strong relationships" with Lade, Hardwick and Hartley, who recruited him to Port in the 2003 draft.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/trade-frenzy-becomes-a-business-of-importing-ex-port-players/story-fnahrqwo-1226486126729

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
three years with an optional 4th based on performance sits a bit better with me than 4 years straight out
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »

Chaplin, 26, yesterday told Port Adelaide he wanted out as a restricted free agent and informed teammates of his reasons in a heartfelt email.

A couple times I broke up with girlfriends with a heartfelt text message.

Are Port even going to be able to field a side next year?

gerkin greg

« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2012, 09:25:27 AM »
Didn't you hear Davey is going back? Once word gets around, everyone from Claw's grandmother to the chrome polisher at Graham Cornes Used Cars is going to want to play for Poort

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »

Did I just hear on SEN that Port have said they will not match the offer RFC have put to Chaplin?

Or am I just going senile in my old age?

:lol

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
Inb4Chaplinstaysatport

No we wont.

He has 2 options if Port decides to match the offer. Stay at port or go into the national draft.

Not the pre-season draft

Damo - all the articles I have read merely say he must nominate for the "Draft" - it doenst say which draft.  Given that Chaplin is out of contract - why can't he merely nominate for the Pre Season Draft which is open to uncontracted players?

If you have a link which defines "Draft" as the national one - please post it up as I would be happy to read it. Thanks

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »
Inb4Chaplinstaysatport

No we wont.

Not the pre-season draft

Damo - all the articles I have read merely say he must nominate for the "Draft" - it doenst say which draft.  Given that Chaplin is out of contract - why can't he merely nominate for the Pre Season Draft which is open to uncontracted players?

If you have a link which defines "Draft" as the national one - please post it up as I would be happy to read it. Thanks

He could go into either but I would say he would put a price on his head and nominate for the PSD just like every other "Un Contracted" player does ;)

dwaino

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Blobby made a good point on 360 last night. Would you really want to try and keep a player that had put pen to paper and committed to leave?

We're not talking about a star here, so there shouldn't really be any objection from Poort.