Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19179 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nathan Buckley
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
have said it before and will say it again, hasnt got the ballsto take on the richmond coaching job

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »
have said it before and will say it again, hasnt got the ballsto take on the richmond coaching job

total rubbish

buckley has the balls to coach us and the balls to get the best out of lids and demand  more out of him, u r onv scared that deledio cannot handle a coach telling  him exactly how it is

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
I actually think there will be a lot of people putting their hand up for the job now that the media has made their kill and left the club alone. Perspective coaches, including Buckley, can now assess the list without all the media hype and based on the WC game, they would see we have the makings of a very good team.

Just need to add some more talent and get rid of some of the dead wood and we will be set for the future. Now what's the best way of getting good young players into the side.... :whistle

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »
I would like Buckley, I think he has got what it takes.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 01:06:35 PM »
Now what's the best way of getting good young players into the side.... :whistle

Stripes

Picking them instead of the older players?   ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
$800k for Bucks
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
North putting $800k on the table for their new coach with Buckley their priority.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25647655-19742,00.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 07:26:28 AM »
Don't think Buckley is worth that.... actually no coach is worth that

If Buckley is serious about coaching he will loook at all jobs available, if he isn't he will go to the job that best serves his purpose

I've said it before I doubt very much if he has the courage to take on the RFC and all that goes with it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: $800k for Bucks
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:32 AM »
North putting $800k on the table for their new coach with Buckley their priority.

I bet Wallace will be up all night putting together a Powerpoint presentation for the Roos after seeing those dollars bandied around.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 09:28:03 AM »
Good to see the AFL's bailout money going to a good cause

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: $800k for Bucks
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »

I bet Wallace will be up all night putting together a Powerpoint presentation for the Roos after seeing those dollars bandied around.
:thatsgold :clapping

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »
if buckleys sole purpose is money theni dont want him at richmond

money should not be the reason , said it b4 will say it again , we need a coach that loves the club and respects the jumper, not the cash that comes with it

i really hope that twig kicks arse in the next 10 weeks . im hoping jade even thoiugh he is real young delivers because he is there for the right reasons

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
I'm not convinced Buckley is the best candidate for the job. He is the most high profile applicant but this is more to do with his over rated playing capabilities at the most over exposed media friendly club in this city. Buckley may turn out to be a great coach but surely people such as Hardwick and Hinkley, who both have had very positive impacts on their clubs as assistant coaches already, should be considered first.

Often we gets fooled into believing the capabilities of someone as the opinions of a few become blow into the reality of many. The media have all convinced themselves who is the best coach in waiting but what are they using as evidence???

Forget the illusion, we need evidence and proof before we make our choice

Stripes

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 05:44:02 PM »
I'm not convinced Buckley is the best candidate for the job. He is the most high profile applicant but this is more to do with his over rated playing capabilities at the most over exposed media friendly club in this city. Buckley may turn out to be a great coach but surely people such as Hardwick and Hinkley, who both have had very positive impacts on their clubs as assistant coaches already, should be considered first.

Often we gets fooled into believing the capabilities of someone as the opinions of a few become blow into the reality of many. The media have all convinced themselves who is the best coach in waiting but what are they using as evidence???

Stripes
Evidence and proof?.... Are they not the same thing?.... Anyway
What sort of evidence and proof do we need Stripes?
Maybe we wait until he has coach a couple of premierships first then just ask him to come to Richmond. If you don't think he would be a good coach then i have overated your opinion on this forum.
As for what the media thinks, who cares! Although some have a pretty good understanding of the game of AFL.
As for Hardwick and Hinkley, both have been over looked in the past for senior coaching jobs so they might not be as good as some may think!
This club needs a TRUE leader and Nathan Buckley is that!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »

Stripes
Evidence and proof?.... Are they not the same thing?.... Anyway
What sort of evidence and proof do we need Stripes?
Maybe we wait until he has coach a couple of premierships first then just ask him to come to Richmond. If you don't think he would be a good coach then i have overated your opinion on this forum.
As for what the media thinks, who cares! Although some have a pretty good understanding of the game of AFL.
As for Hardwick and Hinkley, both have been over looked in the past for senior coaching jobs so they might not be as good as some may think!
This club needs a TRUE leader and Nathan Buckley is that!

100% correct.

Although Hardwick to my knowledge was given the gig at the Bombers till he said he told the commitee they were 3-5 years away from a flag where as Knighter said they were 2 or so.

Would be stoked if we got him. IMO he and Bucks are the best going around
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »
Ch 10 news tonight are now talking $1m for Bucks  :gobdrop

The Roos whinge about losing money playing at the Dome yet then come out with this rot despite being on the AFL drip feed ::). If any prospective coach comes to us wanting this ridiculous amount of dough then they can turn around and not waste our time. Only Malthouse would be paid that ($900k) and that's at Collingwood who have too much money for their own good.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd